Twitter Facebook YouTube

2014 Shows

Caitlin says her husband, Jim, verbally and physically abuses her, and she’s scared for her life. She says she’s always covered in bruises because he punches, kicks and slaps her and “throws her around like a rag doll” on a regular basis. She also claims that she lost their unborn baby after he shoved her to the ground during a fight and that he’s been physical with their 1-year-old son and 2-year-old daughter, who she says are both afraid of him. Jim admits he has a hot temper but says Caitlin antagonizes him and blocks his attempts to leave, so he has no choice but to put his hands on her to get away. He also claims that Caitlin is abusive toward him as well – and has even broken his rib -- and says she brings up issues from past fights, preventing them from healing old wounds and moving forward. Dr. Phil doesn’t mince words when he cautions Jim and Caitlin to what they’re teaching their children. Can they learn to break the cycle of abuse? Then, learn about Robin McGraw Revelation, Robin’s new purpose-driven lifestyle brand that she recently launched with a skin care line and lip gloss collection. Plus, find out how you can help victims of domestic violence.

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: dakota1020 on Apr 21, 2014, 1:08PM - In reply to suzannesrs
thak u so much for ur caring  n compassionate word  i dont get  that at all where i live    I am out of prison now  but realy still in as i live  with spiteful hateful n evil  n only get self righteous n judgment  for my past mistakes  have not workd  n probably 7 10 yrs since got out  want  to move  but noone will help me  move  so i can support myself n b productive  part of society n not live with  such hate  n  evil

Replied By: fostermomne on Apr 17, 2014, 7:22AM
Dr. Phil got one thing right...He is a mandatory reporter. That means he is MANDATED to report ALL knowledge of abuse/neglect REGARDLESS if he thinks there is a plan in place or not.

Replied By: unknown39 on Apr 16, 2014, 8:21PM
I have been reading all these posts and no one has the answers for Caitlin. I am sick of hearing how the abused woman has provoked the man. Caitlin, you have done nothing wrong. You are just living in a very verbally and physically abusive relationship. I am sure you are often times confused and left feeling like what just happened. Verbal abusers are irrational. You cannot rationalize with an irrational person. Most times the verbal abuser is insane. You cannot make sanity out of someone who is always acting insane.

Here is the secret and the answers to all: Please read the book The Verbally Abusive Relationship: How to Recognize it and How to Respond by Patricia Evans. Start with that book first. She has a few others. This one will provide you with all the answers. Just note: this boy will not change. You need to get out and make a life for you and your two beautiful children. Get them and yourself far away from this boy.

Replied By: soco2013 on Apr 16, 2014, 5:00AM
A show titled I'm Afraid My Husband is Going to Kill Me turns into an infomercial for Robin's skin care products.  Seems like it trivializes the subject matter, don't you think?

Replied By: couchbum on Apr 15, 2014, 8:06PM
So, how many felonies did he admit to on TV already?  He belongs in prison.

Replied By: suzannesrs on Apr 15, 2014, 6:03PM - In reply to dakota1020
my heart goes out to you.

Do your best to get whatever education you can get in prison and dream. DREAM and then do your best to make your life into what you want it to be. We will always face challenges, and will never reach perfection, but we do need to celebrate in our souls the small goals meet on the road to bettering our lives.

Replied By: suzannesrs on Apr 15, 2014, 5:59PM
I have no sympathy for women who prevent their abuser from leaving. I watched my mother be the instigator over and over.

This is a "case study" of how abuse goes on for one generation after another. Someone needs to "grow a pair" and decide I am not going to pass this on to my children. Obviously it has to be one of their children as these two have missed that boat. They feed one anothers dragons.

The sad thing is there are so many children in our society who need help - and fewer and fewer resources to help them. It has pretty much reached the point that unless the parents are on meth the kids stay in the home. Social services may pull them out (and usually that takes animal feces to be on the floors) for a few weeks only to put them back in. AND to do this over and over.

To me the best answer seems to be early childhood education - that is offered when the mother is still pregnant.  If she knew how she cared for herself and the baby while still pregnant and for her child after it is born actually effects the way the child's brain and nervous system, etc develops, maybe we could lesson the number who pass the generational problems on and on and on.

Somehow though, this is going to have to be done by US. We can't depend on the government to do everything. Do any of you have church or other ladies groups who reach out to young women? If so how do you make it work?

Replied By: dakota1020 on Apr 15, 2014, 11:02AM
i grew uop n  a home like thgat my mom was  addicted to darvistat n stood by  n  watched  my dad  abuse me  n she  did nothing n u know where i ended up the same  place these childre  will end up n prison  i am filled  with rage n depressed   weak wome shuld nevr ve allowed to have children  i hope that someone saves these children n gets the helkp they nneed b4 rthey end up  as fuckd up  as i am now n many other childre who came from homes like this  they repeat  the pattern n its obvious  he likes his son more than is  daiughter  she will grow looking fro luv aywhere prtostituting herself  working  as a stripper likking  for attention/wrong  attention she did not receive  at home

Replied By: dakota1020 on Apr 15, 2014, 10:57AM
none of these people shuld b allowd  around children the wife  can get her ass beat all she  wants but  the minute u bring children in this world  it is no longer  about u it aboutere needs n wat is best for them therey r both cold  its like she is numb  she has no emotion no feeling  notears for wat this man has done to hewr children n wat her childre  witness   if the state  they live n does not step n n taske these children away from them n save them  they will gorw  up fuckd up n  either addicgted to drugs n alcohol n eventually landed n prison  because noone cared enuf  about them to call cps on them they dont deseerbve these childre n both of them shuld  b in prison for the rest of there lives for child  abuse

Replied By: stephany84 on Apr 15, 2014, 10:18AM
If people (parents) only knew the impact that fighting has on children they would be amazed. I noticed myself with my.daughters dad that our arguing and fighting was a big problem when it came to my daughter's. My oldest at the time was 2 1/2 and my youngest was 1 1/12. My oldest had a bad studaring problem and my youngest wasn't really talking yet. Within 2 days of me leaving my oldest quit studaring and my youngest started talking. If you can't get along then try to be friends. Children don't deserve to be abused or neglected. They didn't ask to be born. It's not their fault. Find another way to sort your problems misreading.of taking it out on them or your spouse. Grow up and be adults. Be mature.

Showing 1-10 of total 79 Comments