Twitter Facebook YouTube

2014 Shows

Diane says her 17-year-old daughter, Brianna, is an out-of-control drug abuser who has run away from home at least five times and does not respect authority. She says she recently forced Brianna into a youth shelter, hoping it would scare the teen straight, but nothing has changed -- and she fears for her daughter’s life. Diane also claims her ex-husband, Michael, abandoned Brianna after their divorce -- and she feels that contributed to the teen’s downward spiral. How does Michael respond? And, what ownership does Diane take in the situation? Brianna says her mother is overreacting and insists she’s just living the partying lifestyle by using Xanax, Molly, marijuana, PCP, heroin and alcohol. But is there something deeper at play? Emotions run high when the family comes together on Dr. Phil’s stage -- and an unexpected moment happens. Will Brianna realize the dangers she’s facing and get the help she needs?

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: imperatrice on Apr 20, 2014, 10:39AM - In reply to freelandsm
Amen to that !!!

Replied By: imperatrice on Apr 20, 2014, 10:38AM - In reply to gregswife
Everybody copes differently.  This is not about you.  You coped in one way and your children will probably cope in the same way (whether it is healthy or not).  This girl is coping the way her father does - via drugs.  It is why we often say the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.  We tend to inherit the same behaviours and coping skills as well as the genetics.

Replied By: imperatrice on Apr 20, 2014, 10:34AM - In reply to violettuxedo
Why is Dr. Phil "humiliating" (btw that is a judgement rather than an observation when what he is doing is arguing the point with the father). He's trying to cram some insight into the father - the mother is starting to own her part … but the parents are the source of that little girls issues.  She's totally "fixable".  Look forward to seeing her in a few years on the flip side of this story.

Replied By: imperatrice on Apr 20, 2014, 10:29AM - In reply to jalfeld
That children come from inside of families and that whatever the family environment is the place where children grow.  Kind of like plants in a garden.  In good soil that is cared plants grow beautifully while in poor soil and harsh environment, like too much sun and no water, then plants die.  I too am a parent and all that is good and all that is not so good about my children I lay at my feet.  I can see where I did well and less so.  But on balance I am ok because the kids are all right and in the end that is what is important.  We parents are human and fallible.  Our children are the reflection of our parenting.

Replied By: imperatrice on Apr 20, 2014, 10:16AM - In reply to mikesb
By the handle of Fenwaypark9 - he could provide insight in some of the things you write about the only difference being that he has experience and knowledge about the subject matter.  From reading your various posts it is pretty likely that you've never been in a long term committed relationship/married nor had children.  Fenwaypark9 like many others of us on this board have had both experiences and speak from this place.  Maybe it's time to listen and learn about things you know very little about.

Replied By: imperatrice on Apr 20, 2014, 10:12AM - In reply to fenwaypark9
I very much like how you characterize the true measure of a man and a father.  The whole generation of men that came after the "greatest generation" are sorely lacking in being responsible standup kind of men.

Replied By: jfuller19 on Apr 17, 2014, 3:58PM - In reply to violettuxedo
I agree completely!

Replied By: jfuller19 on Apr 17, 2014, 3:57PM - In reply to jalfeld
I agree with you!

Replied By: enaid1961 on Apr 15, 2014, 1:51PM - In reply to ginaohio01
Hello.  I am Diane, Brianna's mother that was on the show.  I am replying to your comment, "The parents . . . could of been more supportive."  Before you make a comment like that, next time please know all the facts.  Thank you.

Replied By: enaid1961 on Apr 15, 2014, 1:43PM - In reply to loyalalways
Hello.  I am Diane.  Brianna's mother.  I appreciate the post you wrote in REPLY to mikesb.  I just sent him a response to his post as well.   People (viewers) don't know the half of what we went through with Brianna.  I pray she does turn her life around in the Center for Discovery.  Once again I just wanted to thank you for that post.  Too many people are quick to point the fingers at the parents before knowing all the details. 

Diane

Showing 1-10 of total 62 Comments