Twitter Facebook YouTube

2014 Shows

Jerame says his wife, Jessica, was “smoking hot” back in high school, but now a decade later, he says she has let herself go -- and his attraction toward her has fizzled. He says that he wants Jessica to lose weight and put more effort into her appearance. Jessica says that between being the primary breadwinner of the family and raising two kids, she’s just too exhausted to worry about shopping, putting on make-up or working out. She also says Jerame’s snide comments about her appearance have completely deflated her self-esteem. Dr. Phil calls in “the big guns” -- his wife, Robin -- to help the couple get back on track. She has some stern words for Jerame, who admits he can be insensitive, and important advice for Jessica about making herself a priority. Then, Robin whisks Jessica backstage for a confidence-boosting makeover, including a pampering facial with products from her new skincare line, Robin McGraw Revelation. Learn about Robin’s simple three-step regimen for a healthier, younger-looking complexion and why she created the products in conjunction with her foundation, When Georgia Smiled, to help stop domestic violence. See Jessica’s brand-new look! How will Jerame react? Can he and Jessica put the sizzle back in their marriage?

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: puck823 on Apr 21, 2014, 10:16PM
I did't and the consequences were not pretty. I watched this show and couldn't help but think that Jeremy was just like my ex. The counciling group that we went to reacted tof him much as the studio audience reacted to Jeremy. My ex blamed that on me but I had hardly said anything. The therapist pointed that out to him and he still felt that it was my fault.

I my ex shortly after graduating from college. What I did was never enough for him. I had two big strong babies and gained weight but wasn't allowed to go for walks let alone go to the gym so the weight stayed on. Later,  I was working 70 hours a week because he was unemployed and he complained because dinner was not on the table by 6pm. I was still at work at 6pm. His constant complaints and comments about my not doing enough or being enough destroyed what little self esteem I had. To be fair, I let him do it. I should have left when the children were young but I didn't because I thought that he was a good dad. I found out when the kids were grown that he took a nap when he got home from work at 3 and left our  two grade school children to take care of themselves and woke up only when the kids yelled that mom was home.  I'm very lucky that nothing happened to them. I stayed with him for 25 years until he hit me. The abuse had become physical. He was a foot taller than me.

Today I realize that until I fix myself, anybody that I hook up with is likely to be just as bad off as I am. The other thing that I know is that I am not going to let myself be abused again. If I get into a realtionship and he thinks that I should be the maid while he sits and watches TV, I will get out instead of staying. Marriage should be a 50/50 propositon.

My son has a very good marriage. I've never seen a couple laugh as much or work together so well. I worry about my daughter. As for me, I don't believe in myself any more so believing in someone else is next to impossible.

Replied By: KateBauer on Apr 16, 2014, 9:36PM
What really hit me was when I heard Jessica say she wasn't certain he would marry her.  If she felt uncertain of his feelings she should not have done so.   She works all day, probably has to sit 11 hours a day including her commute to & from work, works at home, and he thinks she should loose weight for him.  Jessica supports the family and has to listen to his sad tale that he can't watch the children while she goes to the gym.   I say Jessica get rid of the little weasel.  You are a very pretty woman and could do far better.  No one is going to look like they did at 17 after having 2 babies.   Trust me he couldn't find any one as pretty as you.  He needs to look in the mirrow and get a reality check.

Replied By: aspergersmom on Apr 16, 2014, 11:33AM - In reply to piscean
if you have to work hard to get a man, then he wasn't worth getting. a man will be with a woman because he loves her no matter what.  I work hard at keeping myself fit for myself, not for my husband of 28 years.

Replied By: aspergersmom on Apr 16, 2014, 11:29AM
I'm sorry to say this, but he's not really in love with her. If he was, it wouldn't matter what she looked like. What if she was in a horrible accident?  She needs to find a real man, one that doesn't care about her looks and loves her for who she is.  Jerk

Replied By: coffeegirl64 on Apr 13, 2014, 3:02PM
Catching up on my Dr. Phil DVR stuff and came across this episode.  Thought I'd missed something!!!

So, this guy says I'll leave because this lady doesn't look good enough...and the main focus of the show is a makeover????? 

Now, I have no problem with the makeover, that's awesome.  I have no issue with him being home with the kids (except that he's so mysogonistic it seems hypocrital of him to assume she's supposed to play a "proper" girl and not expect himself to play a "proper" man).  I dunno, but anyway.....

Really, I fully expected way more of the show to focus on what she said to herself BEFORE THE KIDS when he was berating her at age 18 that this was the winner to marry and why....his new found appreciation for her appearance after the makeover is some prize to be sought out????

I fully expected for her to get the message...you deserve a makeover sure, but more importantly you deserve a partner in your freaking life that won't kick you cause your fat.  With friends like that who needs enemys, sheesh.

Replied By: cerrydwen on Apr 13, 2014, 12:55PM - In reply to jennysgram
Come on, Dr. Phil, I know you like to be supportive of Robin, and Jay, and TD Jakes, ad nauseum, but really?  Do you have to continuously plug someone else's book, publishing company, other TV show, SKIN CARE LINE (which has exactly WHAT to do with someone's family situation)?????  Now the Email newsletter is mentioning Robin's skin care products all over the place.  I don't mind you mentioning "When Georgia Smiled", because that DOES pertain to helping others.  But SKIN CARE????  REALLY????  Why aren't you pressing the message that beauty is found in other places besides good skin?

Replied By: mom2pugz on Apr 13, 2014, 11:15AM - In reply to piscean
So let's say this poor girl was thin and hot but lost her breast to cancer....does that make him not love her?  I can't believe your line of thought.  I have extra lbs and I don't care who finds me phyically attactive, they have to love me for me.  I do my best, but that is all I can do.

Replied By: mom2pugz on Apr 13, 2014, 8:57AM - In reply to piscean
You agree?  Did you hear the show?  She is the bread winner, mother of two and he can't handle the kids so she can't go to the gym.  If she wants to feel good about herself big or small it doesn't matter what HE thinks.  Your thoughts bring us back to the stone age.

Replied By: mountainwoman1 on Apr 13, 2014, 1:07AM
She looks smokin' and her husband looks like he's missing a chromosome. The reason why he's kept her down in the dumps is because he knows he can't handle an Amazon woman at full power. When she came out after the makeover and was ready to take on the world, he didn't look happy, he looked nervous!

Replied By: jennef on Apr 12, 2014, 10:57AM - In reply to alangold00
This man is now writing TO HIMSELF to prove his wife's "hotness" is all that counts!

This is really weird & the 1st time I've ever seen this here!

Showing 1-10 of total 221 Comments