Twitter Facebook YouTube

2014 Shows

Fifty-year-old Dee says that at 17, she was drugged, kidnapped and forced to work in a brothel for three months -- and she fears her 20-year-old daughter, Lacey, might be headed toward the same fate. She says Lacey moved out of the house at 15, has been in abusive relationships, got pregnant for the first time at 16 and is addicted to marijuana and prescription pills -- a habit Lacey supports by erotic dancing. She also says Lacey has anger issues and often lashes out at family members. What does she say started her daughter’s downward spiral? And, does Dee take any ownership in the situation? Lacey’s older sister, Devin, calls Lacey a “ticking time bomb” and says her lifestyle is putting a strain on the whole family. Whom does she blame for her sister’s behavior? Lacey says she feels betrayed and misunderstood by her family and claims she’ll never make the same mistakes as her mother, because she’s smarter. Still, she admits she abuses drugs and needs help getting her life back on track. Dr. Phil digs into Lacey’s past and uncovers a source of pain. Will she grab onto the lifeline he offers and put an end to her self-destructive behavior? (OAD: 3-31-14)

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: alwaysaskeptic on Aug 11, 2014, 12:42PM - In reply to upsydasy
upsydasy, you're right on the money with regards to Lacey and her typical junkie behaviour. The minute she said "I'm clean now" I knew exactly how the rest of the show would go, from the failed drug test (so much for "clean") to all the minimizing, deflection and bolting from the spotlight.

Replied By: upsydasy on Aug 11, 2014, 10:57AM - In reply to nottheonlyone
The shortest distance between two points is a straight line.  Lacey was attempting to use every trick in the book in order to deflect and elude Dr. Phil’s questions.  She had no intention of getting sober when she agreed to appear on the show.  All she wanted was pity and excuses for remaining just as she was.  It may have been hard to hear, but the truth often is.  The last thing this young woman needed was further coddling and enabling or allowed to run her own agenda. 

Replied By: nottheonlyone on Aug 11, 2014, 9:15AM
I would have preferred to make a private comment but did not want to supply so much personal info in order to do so.

Dr. Phil, I have always been a great supporter of yours and quote you often. However, the flavor of the show has changed dramatically.  Your arrogance is astounding. Your suggestion to the young woman Lacy that SHE take over the show made me cringe. Please reassess your behavior. You are better than this. 

Replied By: upsydasy on Aug 10, 2014, 8:01AM - In reply to clive_canhome
The request for a bathroom break was just a childish ruse, which is why we were allowed to see it instead of cutting it out in the editing process.  Dr. Phil was getting too close to the truth about her drug addiction and not falling for any of the tricks that she usually employs in order to manipulate her family into giving her exactly what she wants, such as money, attention and especially pity. 

Replied By: alwaysaskeptic on Aug 9, 2014, 3:20PM - In reply to clive_canhome
Lacey's leaving the stage had nothing to do with her needing to use the facilities. She didn't like the intensity of Dr. Phil's approach and felt like a cornered rat. Did she not then complain to his staff that she felt she was being bullied? She had expected, in her own words, to engage in some coddling chit-chat then offered some "counselling", which in her mind equalled being able to say she was doing something to change her life but which in reality would be another "treatment" she could walk away from. Remember her condemning the rehab she was in, which she bolted from ASAP? She was once again "betrayed" because she thought that, too would be a bit of "counselling". I'd like to know how she made out with the real treatment she was offered because her past behaviour indicates she's not close to being sincere about getting help.

Replied By: alwaysaskeptic on Aug 9, 2014, 3:09PM - In reply to greenplumbob
I was also shocked to read your post, where you claim you are "succusful (sic), educated and mature". With spellings like that and "insuate" I'm doubting the "educated" part. By your own admission your boyfriend is "wild and vulgar". It would seem that you're definitely following in your parents' footsteps. After a bunch of rambling criticisms of how Dr. Phil behaved on the show, you resorted to a few choice expletives to register your contempt, words I'm surprised made it to the message board. That was really "mature" on your part.

Replied By: alwaysaskeptic on Aug 9, 2014, 2:53PM - In reply to jackie704
..."support Lacey's eratic (sic) behavior"? That's letting the tail wag the dog. If my brother was a bank robber, should I support that behaviour?

Replied By: alwaysaskeptic on Aug 9, 2014, 2:48PM - In reply to loyalalways
...you're beginning to sound like me! Except that's not pain you see in her eyes, it's called being high.

Replied By: brownark on Aug 9, 2014, 2:25AM - In reply to greenplumbob
 Couldn' t have said it better myself.  He is acting like Jerry Springer.

Replied By: brownark on Aug 9, 2014, 2:14AM - In reply to martib406
You need to get down off your high horse. The boy was in her daughter's class at school.  Her daughter was 13, so any logical person would think that he was 13 or 14.

Showing 1-10 of total 60 Comments