Twitter Facebook YouTube

2014 Shows

Fifty-year-old Dee says that at 17, she was drugged, kidnapped and forced to work in a brothel for three months -- and she fears her 20-year-old daughter, Lacey, may be headed toward the same fate. She says Lacey moved out of the house at 15, has been in abusive relationships, got pregnant for the first time at 16 and is addicted to marijuana and prescription pills -- a habit Lacey supports by erotic dancing. She also says Lacey has anger issues and often lashes out at family members. What does she say started her daughter’s downward spiral? And, does Dee take any ownership in the situation? Lacey’s older sister, Devin, calls Lacey a “ticking time bomb” and says her lifestyle is putting a strain on the whole family. Who does she say she blames for her sister’s behavior? Lacey says she feels betrayed and misunderstood by her family and claims she’ll never make the same mistakes as her mother, because she’s smarter. Still, she admits she abuses drugs and needs help getting her life back on track. Dr. Phil digs into Lacey’s past and uncovers a source of pain. Will she grab onto the lifeline he offers and put an end to her self-destructive behavior?

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: otmmodel2 on Apr 18, 2014, 12:35PM
I hope this girl heals, she's in so much pain.  My thoughts and prayers are with this girl, she's been through so much!

Replied By: valrym on Apr 2, 2014, 3:29PM - In reply to bestifusedby
I submitted a comment saying pretty much what you said, but they did not publish it that I can see.

Replied By: gunny5 on Apr 1, 2014, 12:40PM - In reply to susielyn
I agree with you 100%!! I agree with whazt you said about "shock value"! Bummer!

Replied By: princess123 on Apr 1, 2014, 9:33AM
In my eyes i think she needs more family suppor, no matter if that is having to put here in  counseling,I think she needs to be closer to her family.Even if it takes counseling plus job croe,i think that alot has to do with her losing both twins and her other baby.but she really needs help.will you keep us up to date on how she is doing.

Replied By: upsydasy on Apr 1, 2014, 8:44AM - In reply to dixie88

That’s exactly what her mother’s been doing and look at the result.  A grown woman sitting on the floor throwing a horrendous temper tantrum because she can’t get 20 bucks or the car keys so that she can procure even more drugs or worse, kill someone on the road.  She manipulates everyone around her incuding her own sister into letting her spend time with her vulnerable children just by shedding a few tears and looking pained.  What this young woman’s been through in such a short time is downright tragic and worthy of a movie of the week, but I kept asking myself how in the world did she manage to position herself in so many horrible situations time and time again.  It’s not like she lives in a third world country where there is war, famine and no opportunities for women.  Yesterday she met her match in Dr. Phil who saw right through all of her tricks and didn’t let her addiction win over the conversation and hijack the show, which is exactly what she was so desperately trying to do.  You have to get tough with people like her in order to lead them to a place where they’ll listen to someone who is smarter than they are and hold the keys to possibly saving their lives as well as more innocent babies who don't have to die because their mother doesn't care enough to protect herself while she carries them in her womb. 

Replied By: kristi89 on Apr 1, 2014, 7:46AM - In reply to keithster
I have to respectfully disagree with you. I don't see spanking with a belt as discipline. I see it as the parent losing control of their actions. If you can't keep your actions in check, how can the child. The problem is some parents are not being consistant with discipline. That is if the parent does discipline. My mother never spanked me and guess what I am/never was out of control.  

Dr. Phil is right. This mother is parenting out of quilt. She did not need to "jack" the girl when she was younger. She needed to discipline the girl and be consitant with it. I feel bad for what happend to the mother when she was a teen.  I also feed bad for the girl herself. I know a family member who lost a child, and for that girl to lose two, it's just really sad. And to be rapped twice to boot.  Noboy deserves this. Both of these women need conseling, and the girl needs rehab. Unfortunately, until the girl is willing to get clean she won't. I had seen it many times before.

Replied By: susielyn on Apr 1, 2014, 7:10AM - In reply to gunny5
There are times for the bad ass approach and this wasnt one of them. Dr Phil didnt appear to want to help either the mom or the daughter. He's starting to like the "shock value" he stirs up when he confronts someone for whatever reason. And after Lacey admitted everything about her addiction, including that she abused her prescribed meds as well, which doesnt happen often from an addict, he asked the stupidest question I have ever heard him ask "so what's your point?". I thought "what the hell kind of question is that?" Wasnt she clear enough? What in Gods name else could the kid say? And I noticed that the audience wasnt too quick to applaud him during the show. The only applause I remember was "polite" applause at the end of the show. When Lacey said she felt bullied, instead of saying that wasnt his intent, he made a smart ass comment, that she could take over the show. If this kind of Dr Phil is coming to the forefront, I'm not interested. This is not the man that I have respected for so very long. And on another note, regarding the "dog man", thats the kind of crap I expect from Jerry Springer, not Dr Phil. I didnt even bother watching that one all the way through.

Replied By: keithster on Mar 31, 2014, 11:32PM
 When kids get past the age of 5 to 10 years old ,its usually too late ! Why is it so hard for people in this country to see this. I love my country but we've clearly lost our grip on our kids. This episode was a clear cut case of weak parenting. This girls mother is an enabler. She gives her money knowing she uses drugs. She loans her the car. She actually stands by and lets her daughter while underage ,live with an older guy and then claims that the girl herself wont press charges for an assault ? Is this some kind of bad joke what we've let ourselves become as a nation when our parenting skills have become so non-existant ?

She should have dragged her behind back home and had his locked up ! PERIOD.

Too many times have I seen (so called) "parents" trying so hard to be friends with their kids instead of being a parent to their kids. I see them in stores all the time telling a child ,sometimes small children not to do something and the child ignores them. They repeat the order and they ignore them again. Then they either start that "counting to ten" nonsense or they bargain or bribe their own children to do what they want them to do. What is the end result ? The kid becomes the boss instead of the parent !

We can't spank our kids anymore because that, according to a majority of  WEAKLINGS in this country is considered "cruelty" to children. Bah ! Then the weakest scenario of all is the parent that is so ill equiped for parenting and so beaten down by their own children that they take them to some quack ( no offense to Dr. Phil ) who diagnoses them with "Bipolar" and "ADD" and all these non existant "designer diseases" they talk about these days and prescribes them with every type of drug known to modern man ,some of which is NOT proven safe let alone effective and they wonder why they stay messed up their entire lives.

My Dad was not a bad man but he was strict and he had a sure fire cure for "ADD" ,it was called "BELT". It's very effective. The best way to get a child in line is when they are young ,not when they are 14 ,15 and 16 and you encourage them to do the right thing by making them uncomfortable when they do the wrong thing. This Mom should have jacked this gal up when she was a kid and she wouldn't be going through all this nonsense now and all you guys know I'm right.

We've become a nation of whimps !

Replied By: patti062760 on Mar 31, 2014, 9:16PM - In reply to squirl38
I agree

Replied By: susansar63 on Mar 31, 2014, 8:42PM
I think people take advantage of Dr. Phil.  After the drama queen gets offered help she wants her boyfriend to get help too.  My opinion is that helping her is a mistake.  She is not ready for help.  She has to acknowledge and believe in her problems first.  I understand why he is trying but I think she will be a disappointment.  Please prove me wrong and get better.

Showing 1-10 of total 31 Comments