Twitter Facebook YouTube

2014 Shows

Frances, 48, says she loves being a good “mother” to her 13 pet rabbits -- and does everything that she can to bond with them. She says she dresses her bunnies in matching outfits, reads them bedtime stories -- and admits she has even tried to breastfeed them. Frances’ daughter, Katarina, says her mother’s bunny obsession has gone too far and has taken a toll on their relationship -- and Frances’ dating life. What does Dr. Phil think is at the root of Frances’ behavior? And, can she learn to balance a healthy family and social life with her love for her pets? Then, Gary, aka “Boomer the Dog,” says he believes he’s half human and half dog. He says he eats dog food, carries a squeaky toy, sleeps in a dog house and sometimes even wears a sheepdog costume. At 48, Gary admits he’s never had a girlfriend but insists that living the dog’s life makes him happy. Is he hiding behind his canine persona? Plus, Lori says she hates that her 20-year-old daughter, Seanna, spends her time dressing up in an animal costume and going to “furry” conventions. She says she thinks “furries” are “freaks” and “misfits,” and she wants Seanna to go to college and start a career. Seanna insists that “furries” are friendly, welcoming and safe -- and says her mother needs to back off. Can Dr. Phil help this mother and daughter reach a compromise?

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: sylgalipette on Aug 18, 2014, 2:51AM
I study buddhism and when I saw Gary/Boomer I wondered if he ever talked to a buddhist monk about previous lives. If he thinks so much he's a dog, maybe, according to buddhists, he has been one and it is his consciousness remembering.Maybe, by considering this, he wouldn't feel he has to eat dog food anymore...Just saying.

Replied By: lizawren on Apr 24, 2014, 12:21PM - In reply to upsydasy
You never answered my question - what evidence do you have that they were having difficulty breathing? And how do you know they are unhappy? Did they seem discontented in any way? Honestly, maybe this lady isn't keeping the rabbits like you would, but they are hardly being abused. I'm active in animal rescue and I'd like to encourage you to use your energy and verbal skills to speak out against true cases of abuse - there are so many animals out there literally being starved and tortured, and they need people like you (and me) to speak out on their behalf. Being loved on like a stuffed animal and having their every need catered to would be a dream come true for Way too many abused and neglected pets.

Replied By: axelthefox on Apr 6, 2014, 6:01PM - In reply to highonfire2010
It is not a fetish. Shows like CSI and such libeled the furry fandom. Uncle Kage says it's not a fetish and that that show is a work of fiction.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dj_GXzDxsMY

Replied By: highonfire2010 on Apr 5, 2014, 6:35AM
they call them furries it is a fetish of some sort

I dont know never had a thing for wierdness this made me sick I was literally throwing up sorry but man I gagged i had not eaten yet

Replied By: upsydasy on Apr 2, 2014, 10:19AM - In reply to gronv3
You know I read all of your posts a few days ago and I have to tell you that I admire your honesty and courage.  Of all the furries that posted here, your comments touched my heart most of all and truly made me understand why someone would be interested in this lifestyle or hobby.    You made no excuses.  I’m glad you found a way to channel your talents into making a living and that you contribute to your family income as well as your own by managing 3 home businesses.  All I can say is good luck and I wish you continued success. 

Replied By: gronv3 on Mar 31, 2014, 5:06PM - In reply to upsydasy
Yes I do agree to some degree but any hobby can be escapism.

We all need something to escape to that makes us happy.

And furries do work very hard myself being one of those that has 3 home businesses.

And one of them being fur-suit making.

Would I like to be an animal? Yes but the fact is I know I am a human and I do put on a fur-suit but it is to make every one around me happier.

And I also do it as a fur-suit is a walking and breathig and not only that interactive piece of art.

It sure is not easy making a fur-suit and making it to look like the client wants it to look.

It takes a lot of skill and not many can do what I do in sewing not only by machine but I also hand sew some of the fur-suit pieces.

It takes blood, sweat and tears to make a fur-suit and to make it look good is by far not easy as well.

Replied By: gronv3 on Mar 31, 2014, 4:55PM - In reply to dianepue
There is perverted people in any group it doe's not matter if it is furry or not.

There are always going to be that one awkward one in a group that all the rest of the group tends to stay away from.

Replied By: gronv3 on Mar 31, 2014, 4:42PM - In reply to mikesb
I would like to say I am a furry and love to be one.

I live with my parents and I do pay rent to them and I have several home businesses as well.

One of them is making Fur-Suits for people like that young lady at the end.

I get quite a lot from making fur-suits and I like making some one elses dreams or charactors come to life and I also love doing it as it is an art form.

It is not as easy as it looks to make a fur-suit fit a person each person is differrent and I see making fur-suits as a big puzzle to be put together.

I also own my own website hosting so I can put my fur-suit stuff up on my website although I do not have it up yet. I post a lot of my work on Facebook and furry communities.

And my last one that I am also passionate about is I repair pinball machines and have been working on it for a long time now.

And yes I do have a disability I am high functioning autistic and I use all of these "businesses" to get to know my clients and I especially like the furry community for being a very open and loving comminity.

I am an example of a fur that doe's work his tail (butt) off I have to, to keep my commissioners happy or I will not get repeat customers.

And it is not easy some customers have deadlines for me to finish my work but I am realistic with them and say if I can really do it in a few weeks then I will tell them a few weeks in not enough time.

And they can still use me or go some place else for there fur-suit maker.

Hope this clears up that furries are very hard working people and we help each other.

Granted there are some that do live off of others but I am always hearing them getting kicked out for not helping the rest of the group out.

Replied By: gronv3 on Mar 31, 2014, 4:06PM - In reply to shizzle22
Well I have to disagree with you here.

I do however see where you are coming from as even me being a furry sees that there has been some taking it to far on the second guest.

Not all furries eat dog food most of us eat regular food as we know we are humans.

I became a furry as I wanted to make others lives better by making some one smile.

I am not going to tell them to stop eating strange things as that is there thing if they want to do that and as long as it is not hurting any one I don't care.

And you mentioned autism I do have autism and I use my fur-suit as a means to say a merriade of words with out saying one word at all.

Don't know if that makes sense but I  do not talk when I am in my fur-suits I just use my body language to display what I am feeling  in the way I am interacting with some one.

And going to fur cons helps me a lot with being an introvert and not wanting to go out these get me out into a big group of other furs and even non-furs and gives me a chance to express myself in ways I am to shy to as a "human".

And like with any communty there is always going to be awkward people in it.

Replied By: gronv3 on Mar 31, 2014, 3:55PM - In reply to axelthefox
I agree I make fur-suits and every one of them I view as a piece of art that will come to life when my client gets there fur-suit or fur-suit part.

Showing 1-10 of total 137 Comments