Twitter Facebook YouTube

2014 Shows

On August 28, 2013, Traivon “Trai” Asterino, 35, was discovered face down in a field, dead from a gunshot wound to the chest. Trai’s death was ruled a suicide, but his wife, Michelle, says he wouldn’t have killed himself, and she’s accusing his ex-fiancée, Mysti, of murdering him. Michelle says since Trai’s death, Mysti has been slandering Trai’s name by claiming he was a pedophile -- an allegation Michelle says she refuses to believe. Mysti denies any involvement in Trai’s death and says the day before it happened, her 13-year old daughter revealed that Trai had been molesting her for years. Since then, she says her 9-year-old daughter -- Trai’s biological child -- has made the same claim. She says she believes Trai was consumed with guilt and took his own life. Dr. Phil sorts through the details and accusations in search of answers. Did guilt drive Trai to commit suicide, or was he murdered? Then, hear from Trai’s mother, Leonna, who makes a shocking revelation about her son’s past. What does she believe happened to Trai? Plus, Dr. Phil meets with Mysti’s daughters backstage for a very candid conversation -- and then has some strong words for both Mysti and Michelle. Can they put the mudslinging aside and focus on the welfare of the children?

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: whatnow09 on May 20, 2014, 3:25PM - In reply to aniskygav
I do not think that man commited suicide.  I believe someone got away with murder because of the horrible things he was accused of and because of his race. I could see the relief on the accusers face when Dr Phil was warning the man's wife about continuing to say he was murdered. Dr Phil had no right to do that. If a member of my family was hurt or killed I would let no one stop my quest to find out how and why.

Replied By: cdmckay on Mar 28, 2014, 8:50PM
I can understand not wanting to come to terms with the fact that your husband could commit suicide,  but these ladies have not once put these poor children first! I was furious at the fact that those poor daughters were told they were there to confront Michelle. How dare anyone as a Mother bring their children into their own drama. Sadly, it doesnt seem like she cares about what her daughters have been through, its about her saying her piece to the 'new wife' out of pure spite and jealousy. And to know what this man could have done or been capable of yet still allowed these girls to see him and be around him. I hope they all get the help they need and stop the childish drama. 

Replied By: staytuned on Mar 25, 2014, 7:33PM - In reply to cdbae7
I thought as well that the teen daughter said she was blocked from going on the stepmom's page.  Why she would even want to go on it is beyond me as I'm guessing there wasn't much of a relationship to begin with.  I only can guess that there were other things in the background that the audience didn't get to see.

I also agree that the girls sounded rehearsed. Some of the words/phrases were clearly not those of a 13-yr-old.   I don't think Dr. P gave Mysti a hard enough slapping for that.   She only fueled the fire instead of helping them heal.

As for Michelle, her head is in the sand.  Not sure if she has daughters or sons with Trai, but she should be thanking her lucky stars that he didn't end up molesting them too.   

Replied By: aniskygav on Mar 25, 2014, 4:20PM
I am just curious if anyone else caught what the older daughter said to Dr. Phil when he spoke with her privately. I had to rewind it and hear it again. She said she wanted to go to her father's funeral so she could see his dead body again. Again? When did she see his body the first time?

Replied By: rixiegirl on Mar 25, 2014, 3:30PM
Just what the pond scum wanted two women fighting over hum.  Not worth it ladies!

Replied By: mstephens01 on Mar 25, 2014, 2:17PM - In reply to kellyryan49
There are usually visitation at the funeral home before the funeral and she may have viewed the body at this time.

Replied By: mstephens01 on Mar 25, 2014, 2:15PM - In reply to KateBauer
In my opinion I believe she meant she was glad he was dead and could not hurt her anymore.

Replied By: mstephens01 on Mar 25, 2014, 2:13PM - In reply to sirnose
There is normally a "viewing" or visitation before the funeral and she was mos likely talking about seeing the body at that tie=me.

Replied By: KateBauer on Mar 25, 2014, 1:07PM
I think the daughter meant she wanted to make certain he was dead and to say her goodbyes even if he had been a monster it was still her father (sadly).  The mother of the 2 girls needs to keep her mouth shut and listen for a change.  The wife needs to realize that she indeed married a pedophile and he may have molested their son when he was older.  Both mothers need to drop the animosity and realize the children are siblings and have a right to know each other in a healthy environment.  Thanks to his mother for adoping children with such issues.  Too bad more people don't try and give children chances in this world rather than stick them in foster care.

Replied By: boxerdogsrule on Mar 25, 2014, 9:24AM
Dr. Phil, I think you looked exceptionally handsome in your dress suit, on this episode Monday.  The gray dress suit with the gray tie is my all time favorite!

Showing 1-10 of total 52 Comments