Twitter Facebook YouTube

2014 Shows

In July 2012, Lorrie’s 36-year-old son, Aaron, was found dead on his couch -- and she claims her daughter-in-law, Fawn, murdered him by giving him a marijuana cigarette laced with a poisonous herb. Lorrie says the couple was separated, and she believes Fawn wanted to collect Aaron’s life insurance before the divorce was finalized. Fawn says although her marriage to Aaron was on the rocks, she had nothing to do with her husband’s death. What does she say happened that night? And, how does she explain moving on with a new man, weeks after Aaron’s death? Plus, hear the coroner’s autopsy report -- was anything suspicious found? Emotions run high when Fawn and Lorrie face each other on Dr. Phil’s stage. How does Fawn answer to Lorrie’s allegation that she once threatened to kill Aaron? And, why did Aaron file a protective order against Fawn one month before his death? Dr. Phil sorts through the details and enlists the help of a toxicologist to provide some answers. Could Aaron have been poisoned to death?

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: strine on Nov 2, 2014, 11:04PM - In reply to paulab12
Did the wife know before he died that the insurance was changed to her MIL's name? She seemed a bit bitter when saying "They got the life insurance". The MIL didn't know it was changed, so why would he tell his estranged wife?

Replied By: strine on Nov 2, 2014, 11:01PM
When they were talking about how healthy he was etc, two pictures of him when he was young and first with Fawn were shown. There weren't any updated photos shown to show that he was fit and in good health. Fawn looked nothing like the pictures (she had aged and put on weight etc), did he stay exactly the same as he was when they were young together? I really doubt it and found that bit must have been orchestrated by the mother to make it appear that she killed a young fit healthy man. Who took the pictures to the producers to show on TV?

The mother in-law carrying on about Batman underwear was a fool because he obviously bought the underwear for himself while he was alive and liked them. Not her taste, but hey lady your son wasn't you.
Mother seems to be a bit OTT blind to how her son was and a bit OTT connected to her son (even overlooking a heart disease that was ongoing and his actual physical condition- still seeing him as a young fit boy when he wasn't).

Replied By: paulab12 on Oct 27, 2014, 8:42AM
The mother said her son had a smile on his face.  Now this is how hemlock kills

Eating the plant, however, is a decidedly awful idea, as cicutoxin is a potent neurotoxin that operates by overstimulating the central nervous system, leading tonausea, abdominal pain, respiratory impairment, kidney failure, irregular heartbeat, tremors, seizures, and death. The neurotoxin is also incredibly potent; ingestion of the plant has been known to lead to death in cattle in as little as 15 minutes.

Now tell me how a person who has  had nausea, abdominal pain, respiratory impairment, kidney failure, irregular heartbeat, tremors seizures and death would have a smile on his face????????????????????

Replied By: paulab12 on Oct 27, 2014, 8:29AM - In reply to strine
The mother got the life insurance.  As for the house until a couple divorces it still belongs to them both so when he died it was her property.

Replied By: goldenbeach on May 29, 2014, 12:56AM
I am sorry that you have lost your son so young, but please please have a haircut.  You will look better, you will feel better.

Replied By: strine on May 27, 2014, 11:14PM
How many times has this happened now? People who are getting a divorce end up dead and the partner happily claims the life insurance (even though they are happy to say they aren't together anymore). Sickening, I wouldn't want my son/ daughter's estranged partner to get anything of theirs (if they had kids fair enough it should have gone to them, but they had no kids and she was not his partner anymore).

Replied By: stargazer225 on Apr 1, 2014, 8:49PM
This guy was on drugs and Phentermine is really bad for your heart. I am thin with low blood pressure and Phentermine made my heart race so badly, I quit it.  He was also a cheater and taunted his wife. No wonder she doesn't "act like a widow." The guy was a jerk.  I'm sorry he's dead, but his lifestyle contributed to his death. If I were the wife, I'd want to move on and get away from his family who can't accept his death.

Replied By: conleya4 on Mar 30, 2014, 10:41PM
I can't believe Dr. Phil snubbed this mother and brother off. Their concern was completely legitimate. Fawn herself said before her husband's death, she and her mother in law got along just fine, so why all of a sudden would the mother in law think Fawn was guilty for any other reason than the fact that it makes sense. This death did seem highly unusual and definitely should have been treated as a homicide up until a toxicology report was taken. This is the most disturbing aspect of this story. There was no toxicology report taken. Not for hemlock or for any other poisons that could have caused the death of this young man. The hemlock was merely a suggestion that stemmed from the mother's theory. I do believe this hemlock/wiccan theory is a bit out there, but there could have been a number of other means by which Fawn killed her husband that went uninvestigated. Hemlock is not the only poison that exists. Were tests run for ammonia? 

Replied By: jszoyka on Mar 27, 2014, 11:36PM
I just finished watching this show and I do understand this mothers concerns based on all of the previous unusual incidents prior to his death; however, I think this could be a coincidence.  It is hard to lose someone that appeared to be healthy and we all want to believe young people shouldn't die for no reason.  As soon as I saw the autopsy results on TV, I immediately thought of my deadly condition.  I am 37 years old and suddenly became ill last year.  I had open heart in August 2013.  I have an enlarged heart that obstructed my blood flow and began showing signs of heart failure.  I am healthy, young, eat well, and I am not overweight.  After doing much research, I found 7 family members who died from this in their 30s.  This is the same heart disease that kills young athletes everyday. It is a silent killer.  It kills young people suddenly and often in their sleep.  It causes heart failure if left untreated and a lot of victims do not have symptoms.  This is why it is a silent killer.  I am surprised no one else in the family was told to get tested, because this is a genetic condition.  I would suggest if family tests positive for this same heart disease, it is likely that he died from heart disease.  I have joined a support group on hypertrophic cardiomyopathy and it is not uncommon that this disease suddenly snatches the lives of young people.  I hope the mother will read this post so she can get her family tested, especially since it has caused sudden death in your family.  This puts her, her other children, and gramdchildren at risk.  I have a defibrillation implanted to prevent me from cardiac arrest.  Again, I am healthy and I could if died by now.

Replied By: laurenm0 on Mar 25, 2014, 1:07PM - In reply to sunnyskies123
I have looked long and hard for evidence for such a test . All my research has proven is that  none exist .This is frightening if this is to be true . Without evidence of possessing such a toxin , I believe this chick has found the perfect weapon . It acts on the central nervous system and causes rapid firing and at times blockage of neurons . Unless one was told to look for evidence in the brain tissue of this I dont think it can be ruled out . Toxicology  testing has of yet to pick up any metabolites of such a drug .Some evidence has shown increased AST , ALT and Cr due to liver and muscle damage  but this over time . Due to his enlarged left ventricle and pulmonary edema sure this could possibly kill you but unlikely . It takes time for the left ventricle to enlarge ( it is a muscle ) and he had no symptoms such as bilateral lower edema and frothy sputum  .If it was a arrhythmias from the speed pill wouldn't there be s/s of heart damage ? His mom says he had ekg and was being followed by a doctor surely there would be evidence of such heart issues or HTN  .

Showing 1-10 of total 224 Comments