Twitter Facebook YouTube

2014 Shows

Marlon says his five-year marriage to his wife, Dedrea, is on the rocks because she has “let herself go,” and he’s ready to leave her if she doesn’t “step it up.” He says that he wants Dedrea to lose 20 pounds, wear more makeup and dress sexier -- to look more like his dream woman, Beyoncé -- while also cooking, cleaning and caring for their 5-year-old son. Marlon says he puts a lot of effort into his own appearance -- which he thinks is “close to perfect” -- and he doesn’t understand why his wife doesn’t do the same. Dedrea insists that Marlon’s narcissism is the real problem in their marriage. She says that his many demands for her are unrealistic -- and have hurt her self-esteem. Dr. Phil calls on lifestyle and fashion expert Lawrence Zarian, author of the new book Lawrence Zarian’s 10 Commandments for a Perfect Wardrobe, to give Dedrea a look that she can call her own. How will Marlon react? And, can this couple reconnect -- and fix their marriage moving forward? Plus, American Idol winner Ruben Studdard is returning to the music scene after competing on NBC’s The Biggest Loser and dropping 120 pounds. He opens up about his struggles with weight -- and why he finally made the commitment to get healthy. Plus, Ruben, accompanied by legendary music producer David Foster, performs a single from his new album!

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: strine on Apr 14, 2014, 11:13PM
He's full of himself (and hot air). Sorry I couldn't watch the whole episode because he wasn't good looking enough to keep listening to his BS.

No doubt he's looking for an excuse to cheat on her- she gets ready in 10 to 20 minutes (that's a long time for most mothers). Why would he say he was leaving in a few months if he hadn't already moved on to a new woman he wants to be with? Slimebag.

Move on lady because if he sticks around and you get wrinkles or end up injured in some way, he'll be gone. When he's old and been used by other women he'll realise he gave up a real trophy wife.

Replied By: breeanna on Apr 13, 2014, 12:26AM
I was watching Steve Harvey the other day and this same couple were his guests. I know there are thousands of people who need Dr. Phil's help. How did this couple make it on to both shows?

Replied By: citymouse40 on Mar 30, 2014, 9:40PM - In reply to summerh8r
I agree with that 100$ but I think 3 is a little too high, he drop to a 0.. and he's not a 10 to begin with.

Replied By: citymouse40 on Mar 30, 2014, 9:38PM
First I'd like to say, this guy is superficial, he doesn't love his wife, if he did, he wouldn't care if she gained a couple pounds after having children, he would care that she wasn't 20yr old arm candy anymore. She is beautiful, smart and funny. Looks aren't everything, a person's personality is what makes them more attractive, not how short their skirt is, how tight her clothes are or how high the heels, if he wants a hooker, then he shouldn't have gotten married. 

I hope that we can see him in 10 years when he's older and maybe puts on a few pounds, is losing his hair and maybe not spending 3 hours in the morning dolling himself up! I thought he was an arrogant jerk living in a fantasy world..did he grow up in a brothel? 

Aside from all of this. I don't think this show did anything to help that marriage, they are doomed, he will cheat if he hasn't already..and i think he has because he's so full of himself. Speaking of which, the issue of him haning out in nightclubs getting hit on by other woman, was never questioned. 

So this idiot is telling his wife that she is a 5, that he's not attracted to her anymore because she doesn't dress like hooker (is she supposed to do that in front of the kids while making his dinner?) telling her he's going to leave if she doesn't do all these things that he wants within the next few weeks..and the solution is to give her a make over?? 

What about telling her she is a beautiful woman and she doesn't need to change? I'm shocked that offereing her a makeover was the solution here! THEN she comes out looking exactly the way he wants her too! Curls in her bleached blond hair, super tight short dress, high heels etc. SERIOUSLY?  Of course he had a big smile on his face and said he was willing to work on this...he got what he wanted and he thinks it's going to stay that way!  

She should cut her losses now and dump that loser, she can do so much better...maybe one day he'll realize that real woman don't walk around looking like models 24/7. That marriage is not going to suvive, there's no way, he loves him and nobody else..I'm sure he'll be very happy with himself one day..and a nice big mirror. 

Replied By: traceycb76 on Mar 18, 2014, 9:40AM
Dear Dedrea,

You are beautiful, clearly intelligent, absolutely hilarious, and extremely charming!! I don't know what is wrong with your husband, but it has nothing to do with anything you're lacking. He does not deserve you and he's got it completely backward - you are WAY out of his league!! Please know that every single person who watched this show recognizes just how gorgeous you are - inside and out...and that Marlon has serious psychological issues.

Dear Marlon,

Please get some help. You have a child to raise and at this point you don't live in the real world. Be a man and do the right thing....

Also, you'd better start praying, because Dedrea is WAY, WAY too good for you and you're going to be extremely lucky if she stays with you! You presented yourself on national television as an ignorant, lousy excuse for a man. I hope that's not true, but clearly there is enough wrong with you that professionals are needed.

Replied By: summerh8r on Mar 17, 2014, 3:15PM - In reply to carlan
Also, he may think he's a 10, but even if he were, the minute he opens his mouth, he drops to a 3.  She needs to dump him!

Replied By: carlan on Mar 16, 2014, 4:36PM - In reply to psdunne
I VERY much hope that Dedra agreed to have a makeover solely because SHE wanted a change in her own appearance, not out of a desire to try to please her husband. Where does he get off, comparing his wife to anyone, let alone a celebrity who probably doesn't even style her own hair and apply her own makeup? Beyonce, Schmeyonce. If Marlon is as irresistible to women as he claims to think he is, why doesn't he arrange to meet Beyonce, herself? I'm sure if she got only one brief glimpse of him, she'd be instantly smitten. Or not. It didn't look to me like Robin wanted to storm the stage, maddened with lust, when he condescendingly granted that she looked "nice." I didn't get faint at the sight of him, myself.
Back to Dedra: she is a beautiful woman, though I'd love to see her stop trying to be a blonde.She has gorgeous eyes, a beautiful smile,pretty skin, and a good figure. Her husband had better stop criticizing and start appreciating, before he finds himself single. He might have a more difficult time of it than he undoubtedly thinks.

Replied By: summerh8r on Mar 16, 2014, 2:34PM
Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya!

She needs to throw his butt out now!  I can't believe she hasn't already.  For him to be saying all that stuff to her, when she already works outside the home, cares for the children, cooks and cleans, he's nuts!

There aren't enough hours in the day for her to do what she's doing, plus take 2.5 hours to get ready in the morning, and spend time at the gym.

Replied By: jaredforrest on Mar 13, 2014, 3:36PM
As a man, within 5 minutes I was shouting at the TV that Marlon is a Narcissistic Personality Disorder, if there ever was one.  Very pathetic that he has a beautiful wife who he is calling a "5" on national TV, the mother of his children. What a loser.  I don't know any guy who brushes his hair 5000 times a day, little that he has of it.  He is so full of himself, that yes, I agree, his wife should give him a two month ultimatum and show HIM the door!

I agree with others on this board, that giving the wife a makeover only fueled Marlon's fire, that he needs the thong wearing/bedroom sexy wife to fulfill his sexual fantasies.  He is stuck at an emotional adolescent age, in my opinion.  Not a man, but a boy in man's clothing.  I bet he looiks in store windows to see his own reflection, he's as deep as a puddle. He is what I would call a "numbnut"!

Replied By: upsydasy on Mar 13, 2014, 11:38AM - In reply to doberdoodle
I am in so much agreement with your post, I could have written it myself.  Like the old saying goes: get out of my head will ya - it isn't pretty in there! lol

A lot of people are giving this guy credit for being good looking, but I don’t see it.  Like someone else mentioned early on, he has a serious overbite that’s very distracting.  However, more than that, he’s immature and egotistical as the day is long.  My father was very similar to this man.  Because of him, my mother worried so much about her appearance that she couldn’t walk past a plate-glass window without staring at herself.  It was embarrassing to watch her do that.  As I grew up, I swore to myself that I would never be that way and that no man would ever be allowed to place that much pressure on me to please him. 

Everybody agrees that Dedrea is lovely.  Frankly, I was very disappointed to see the outfit she chose, especially considering that she mentioned being fed-up with having to wear short skirts.  It looked very much like something Beyoncé would wear and so did the new hairstyle.  The producers should have chosen someone who really did need a makeover and had a husband who loved her no matter what she wore.  That would have even made me want to buy the book, instead of avoiding it like the plague.  The last thing that I need in my collection is a book written by yet another sycophant celebrity stylist who fawned over Taylor Swift’s looks on the red carpet instead of celebrating her business acumen (apparently she completely runs her own show) as well as her considerable talent.

Showing 1-10 of total 153 Comments