Twitter Facebook YouTube

2014 Shows

Bob says his wife of 23 years, Dorothy, constantly accuses him of cheating with women he meets online, and despite his vehement denial, she continues to lash out at him daily, leading to violent arguments -- often in front of their 12-year-old daughter, Alice. He says Dorothy has clawed his face, smashed windows in their home and van and even threatened to cut off his manhood because she’s convinced he has been unfaithful. He says he has done everything possible to prove he hasn’t strayed, including taking -- and passing -- a polygraph test, but Dorothy still isn’t convinced. What does he believe is causing his wife’s mistrust? And, why does he say Dr. Phil is partly to blame for the chaos at home? Dorothy admits her behavior is over the top but says she knows her husband is running around on her -- and she’s determined to prove it. She says they’ve been in a sexless marriage for the past two years, yet she found a bottle of erectile dysfunction medication under their bed, as well as naked pictures of women and racy messages on Bob’s computer -- which he claimed was spam. Is she overreacting? And, how does Bob explain the medication? Plus, hear from the couple’s 22-year-old daughter, Samantha, and learn why she says her mom’s “irrational” suspicions even led Dorothy to file a protective order -- against her! Then, Dr. Phil sits down with Alice, who says she just wants the fighting to stop and for her parents to get along. Will her plea provide a wake-up call for Bob and Dorothy? This program contains strong language and sexual content. Viewer discretion advised. (OAD: 2-26-14)

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: valh8878 on Oct 24, 2014, 10:00PM
She is out of her mind! Crazy! Period!

Replied By: rodeolane63 on Oct 24, 2014, 4:27PM
To most, it appears that Dorothy is the root of all of this, and I don't see it that way!   There are manipulative men in this world, and, I can see right through Bob!!!  He plays the innocent husband, and then behind everyones backs, he plays on Dorothy, and goes about doing whatever he wants to do to satisfy his needs and desires!   The reason Dorothy is the way she is now, is due to the way that he has treated her all of these years, and basically formed and molded her into what she is today!  If I was in the presence of him face to face, I would be able to tell in a short period of time as to what he is made of.  From seeing him on the show, I could see some of what he is made of.   All he does is try to blame Dorothy, as if she is the only one at fault, and don't ever take on responsibility on his own.   I am almost certain that he has done most of the things that Dorothy has speculated that he is guilty of.   His type of male behavior, they will come across to the public like they are " Mr. Wonderful", and deny any and every accusation thrown in their path, in order to "Save Self".   His type, you can even have photos, or wittnesses or recordings, and he would still deny it!   ......................  Since they are already living apart, then they should really learn to behave as responsible adults for this daughter of theirs, and sit down with each other, and declare that their relationship is "Over", and plan what is best for their daughter, and leave all of their frustrations, and bad behavior behind, and go forward.   More than likely their daughter will have relationship problems in the future, if she don't have some help ahead of time, as she only knows the bad behavior that has been an example from her parents.  Children learn what they live, and she really needs a better example shown to her, or explained to her in order for her to have a better future.  

Replied By: deenie61 on Oct 24, 2014, 3:44PM
Bob & Dorothy are back, and she's just plain nuts.  Doesn't  take a degree to figure this out.  Bob must be  saint or martyr, he's still there.  When the daughter wants them to divorce, it has to be bad.  I've seen some crazies on this show, but Dorothy  takes the cake.  You can see the hate and misery on his face, why even stay married.  Sometimes there's just too much water under the bridge to fix things.  I want to his this woman.  But I know it wouldn't be right(or help) because she's completely unstable.  To be so consumed with suspicion, jealously, venom, and every ugly emotion there is, she says she's worn out, well she should be.  One daughter sides with each parent, a family divided and destroyed.  I'm sure Dorothy feels like a winner, getting Alice on her side,  but there's no winner in this mess.  Samantha is old enough to form her own opinions, but Alice is still so impressionable, she may be scarred forever towards men.  I havewn't said anything that probably hasn't already been said, but maybe enough voices can convince Dorothy her behavior and thoughts are not normal in any way ,shape or form.

Replied By: jojosfunnyfarm on Oct 24, 2014, 2:56PM
Dorothy needs professional help! I know 2 people just like her. Her problems go way deeper than just her husband! He does need to grow up too, but what she is doing to their child is absolutely terrible!

Replied By: imperatrice on Oct 24, 2014, 10:28AM - In reply to alwaysaskeptic
What informs my opinion.  Some people actually do have skills and specialized education … 

Replied By: oceanentity on Aug 28, 2014, 10:22AM - In reply to alwaysaskeptic
My thoughts with message boards are that a person may post their thoughts however they choose in response to a show .. this post seems to hit a little bit below the belt so to speak.

Replied By: oceanentity on Aug 28, 2014, 10:19AM
the only person who i was concerned about in this craziness was their 12 year old child who they absolutely disreguard by fighting in front of her on a daily repetitive basis. i hope Dr Phil monitors this disfunctional family for Alices welfare closely. Whats NOT wrong in this situation ? everything .

Replied By: alwaysaskeptic on Aug 9, 2014, 3:31PM - In reply to imperatrice
but day in and day out, show after show, you are emphatic about your "diagnoses" of people on the show, based on a few minutes of watching them on TV. It didn't hit any "hot button" with me, other than I'm astounded by the arrogance you display based on no specialized education whatsoever. You remind me of the image portrayed by those for-profit colleges in their ads, where the medical billing girls are all wearing scrubs and sporting stethoscopes. "Look ma, six months of school and I'm practically a doctor!"

Replied By: gchoogen on Aug 8, 2014, 10:13PM
So her husband was a virgin at 28 and he doesn't have sex with her (why would he?) for a long while but he's gotta be a cheat or homosexual?   She has a virtuous man and she mocks him.  I don't know how he stands to be around her.  I hope dr. Phil can get her the help she needs and in the meantime, he should separate himself from that.

Replied By: imperatrice on Aug 8, 2014, 6:56PM - In reply to alwaysaskeptic
Never claimed to be - I just think it is interesting especially when you see someone like this guest who so clearly is not processing rationally.  Whatever "hot button" this hit with you is worthy of your attention … oops sorry … armchair again ...

Showing 1-10 of total 120 Comments