Twitter Facebook YouTube

2014 Shows

Bob says his wife of 23 years, Dorothy, constantly accuses him of cheating with women he meets online, and despite his vehement denial, she continues to lash out at him daily, leading to violent arguments -- often in front of their 12-year-old daughter, Alice. He says Dorothy has clawed his face, smashed windows in their home and van and even threatened to cut off his manhood because she’s convinced he has been unfaithful. He says he has done everything possible to prove he hasn’t strayed, including taking -- and passing -- a polygraph test, but Dorothy still isn’t convinced. What does he believe is causing his wife’s mistrust? And, why does he say Dr. Phil is partly to blame for the chaos at home? Dorothy admits her behavior is over the top but says she knows her husband is running around on her -- and she’s determined to prove it. She says they’ve been in a sexless marriage for the past two years, yet she found a bottle of erectile dysfunction medication under their bed, as well as naked pictures of women and racy messages on Bob’s computer -- which he claimed was spam. Is she overreacting? And, how does Bob explain the medication? Plus, hear from the couple’s 22-year-old daughter, Samantha, and learn why she says her mom’s “irrational” suspicions even led Dorothy to file a protective order -- against her! Then, Dr. Phil sits down with Alice, who says she just wants the fighting to stop and for her parents to get along. Will her plea provide a wake-up call for Bob and Dorothy? This program contains strong language and sexual content. Viewer discretion advised. (OAD: 2-26-14)

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: alwaysaskeptic on Aug 9, 2014, 3:31PM - In reply to imperatrice
but day in and day out, show after show, you are emphatic about your "diagnoses" of people on the show, based on a few minutes of watching them on TV. It didn't hit any "hot button" with me, other than I'm astounded by the arrogance you display based on no specialized education whatsoever. You remind me of the image portrayed by those for-profit colleges in their ads, where the medical billing girls are all wearing scrubs and sporting stethoscopes. "Look ma, six months of school and I'm practically a doctor!"

Replied By: gchoogen on Aug 8, 2014, 10:13PM
So her husband was a virgin at 28 and he doesn't have sex with her (why would he?) for a long while but he's gotta be a cheat or homosexual?   She has a virtuous man and she mocks him.  I don't know how he stands to be around her.  I hope dr. Phil can get her the help she needs and in the meantime, he should separate himself from that.

Replied By: imperatrice on Aug 8, 2014, 6:56PM - In reply to alwaysaskeptic
Never claimed to be - I just think it is interesting especially when you see someone like this guest who so clearly is not processing rationally.  Whatever "hot button" this hit with you is worthy of your attention … oops sorry … armchair again ...

Replied By: kimbio on Aug 7, 2014, 8:15PM
Thank you, Dr. Phil for taking a stance on today's show about using the word "retard".  I believe you said it insults your sensibilities and asked that your guest restrict it from her vocabulary.  I wish more high profile people would speak out as you did. 

Replied By: alwaysaskeptic on Aug 7, 2014, 8:10PM
This woman is a mess! Shopaholic, drug problems, alcohol problems, anger problems, abusive to her husband and children and totally out of control. Fighting continuously during every waking hour and she wonders why he doesn't feel amourous? To paraphrase Dr. Phil, I can't think of a single reason why he would! I hope she gets some help and then if the family is in such dire financial straits, she could get a job to make herself useful and limit the time she has to simmer in her delusions.

Replied By: spencerandsam on Aug 7, 2014, 5:49PM
The mention of hormonal issues is probably true. May not be the only reason for her paranoia, but she is definately inbalanced and would benefit from a doctor.

Replied By: shadowsmom42 on Aug 7, 2014, 5:26PM
This woman is a lunatic. What is wrong with her??

Replied By: aliboo22 on Aug 7, 2014, 5:15PM
I can pretty much guarantee that she is a victim of menopause and is in needs her hormones balanced.

Replied By: melodymurch on Aug 7, 2014, 4:58PM - In reply to mistieblu3
he did take a lie detector test and passed

Replied By: melodymurch on Aug 7, 2014, 4:57PM
she is either cheating herself and trying to put the focus off of herself and her cheating or she is on drugs and is paranoid bet if they did a drug test it would not come up clean. i say do a drug test and a lie detector test

Showing 1-10 of total 113 Comments