Twitter Facebook YouTube

2014 Shows

Marie, a divorced mother of four, says that she has been living on the run for the past two months -- facing up to 45 years in prison for attempted murder -- after breaking into her ex-husband, Carson’s, home and attempting to attack him with a hammer. Recalling the day of the incident, she says she swung and missed her ex and instead struck his current wife in the collarbone. Marie sits down with Dr. Phil to set the record straight. Hear what she says caused her to carry out the violent act. And, her ex-husband, Carson speaks out -- how does he describe Marie’s actions? Plus, Marie’s family urges her to stop running from the law and turn herself in. Will she surrender?

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: strine on Oct 22, 2014, 11:27PM
I don't even know why Dr Phil mentioned the polygraph at all since he knew the husband had refused it before the show even aired. They should have cut that bit out since it was only left in to make him appear like he was hiding something. Any good lawyer will advise their client not to take one and Dr Phil should know that. The only one proven to have done anything wrong is the mother who attempted to kill someone with a hammer and then left their allegedly abused child behind while going on the lam.

Sounds like she was jealous that he had a life and a new partner and she had the kid to look after. Why would she leave the child behind without a guarantee she wouldn't be with the abuser if she was worried the child was being abused?  She was only worried about herself being prosecuted for attempted murder and I hope Dr Phil told the police where to find her. Using your kid like that to get back at someone is sociopathic.

Replied By: strine on Oct 22, 2014, 11:19PM
I don't even know why Dr Phil mentioned the polygraph at all since he knew the husband had refused it before the show even aired. They should have cut that bit out since it was onlt left in to make him appear like he was hiding something. Any lawyer worth their salt will advise their client not to take one and Dr Phil should know that. The only one proven to have done anything wrong is the mother who kidnapped children and attempted to kill someone with a hammer.

Sounds like she wanted the kids to herself and would do anything to get that.

Replied By: audra73 on Apr 19, 2014, 5:29AM - In reply to upsydasy
Again if it's not a good test why is Dr. Phil offering it. So the man could have said no. Don't announce on tv he will. He only wanted to bash his x and lie to the audiance. What did he have to back his word nothing. I belive he just sat n lied on tv. Marie came and took on the world criticizing her n judging her n did what she said she came to do. Turn her self in. She didn't want to miss her grand child's birth. I think I could completely understand that when she's leaving for 45 yrs. But she's a bad mother for that to?. She jepordized herself for her child Again. And was in the roon with her daughter giving birth. It's on her Facebook. I belive there are 3 sides to every story. Hers his and the truth. But u are all ignoring her side. She turned to Dr. Phil to make sure her daughter was safe before she went to jail. She asked him for his professional opinion n sat n took it and left in hand cuffs after being on the run so she could be there when her grandson was born. She sounds like a brave woman To me. She walked into jail facing 45 yrs n her last act was her grandson n asking Dr. Phil to help her kids and family. She didn't ask for legal assistance. She seemed to stay focused as the world judged her n her x bashed her. So she knew her daughter was safe while she goes to spend the rest of her life in jail. For an act that sounded provoct. She said she did it. N is doing her time. I'd feel less likely to belive her if she was denying it. The woman seemed raw n real. Unlike her x. She pleaded for her family to be reunited with her daughter. Nothing else.

Replied By: virginian on Mar 12, 2014, 5:36PM - In reply to mom2014
Another voice of reason and sanity! Yes you are correct, the house and car were his.

Replied By: virginian on Mar 12, 2014, 5:31PM - In reply to newsmom
Sorry newsmom here in the US a person is Innocent until proven guilty. Just because a person takes the advice of his attorney and doesn't take a polygraph which have known at times to be flawed, that doesn't automatically make him guilty! Carson had already been cleared by the NJ CPS of all the allegations brought by Marie. Dr. Phil after reading the records of the case agreed as such. He told Marie this several times during the show and that quite possibly she was wrong and ought to let the whole thing go.

Replied By: virginian on Mar 12, 2014, 5:19PM - In reply to upsydasy
Finally someone with a bit of common sense! Carson, who I happened to know personally and have for some 35 years, was advised by counsel to forego the polygraph. He had already been investigated by the NJ CPS and the allegations brought by Marie were found to have no basis in fact. There was no medical evidence from the child to support her claims either. Just like you said polygraph's are not admissable in court so regardless of the outcome you have proven nothing. If a person hires an attorney to represent them in legal matters then why would anyone with half of a brain go against their own counsel in matters such as this anyway. I think basically what you have here is a vindictive ex-spouse who lost custody of a child due to her own instability and now just wants to extract some sort of revenge to satisfy her own self needs. And who is the victim here, the child and Carson's new wife!

Replied By: paulab12 on Mar 2, 2014, 12:05PM
The only thing telling is that she could have taken the child and run, she chose not to do that but try and kill the new wife and the ex husband.  That is all she wanted nothing to protect the child just her ego.

Replied By: seren001 on Feb 28, 2014, 7:03PM
Funny, her ex husband Carson told Dr. Phil he would gladly take a polygraph to prove he had not molested his daughter but at the end of the show he declined the polygraph.  Telling isn't it.

Replied By: swnsassy on Feb 28, 2014, 12:38AM - In reply to narcology
Lawyers tell their clients to do, not to do, that doesn't mean their guilty.. Did you actually listen to the forensic evidence???? NO evidence. There's none because he didn't harm his child. The ex wife, unfortunately, was wrong and acted wrong. I feel sorry for her because she now committed a crime that furthers her from her child. He didn't molest her. As a person who was molested by my sisters father and then made to stay with him, no,no, the child wasn't molested by him, please trust me on that.

Replied By: swnsassy on Feb 28, 2014, 12:30AM - In reply to goodswin
I agree, many have missed the point, she committed a crime and should be jailed for the crime she committed. I've worked with lawyers, because this one told his client not to take the polygraph doesn't mean he's guilty, he's not, even Dr. Phil , because of the evidence, can see, he's innocent. Her anger stems from getting back for the divorce and happily with someone else.

Showing 1-10 of total 162 Comments