Twitter Facebook YouTube

2014 Shows

Tracy says that about three years ago, disturbing memories from her childhood began to surface about sex abuse and murder -- involving her mother, Donna, and now-deceased father, Alan. Tracy claims that she and her sister, Kelly, were molested by their father and grandfather, and alleges that Donna killed Kelly’s best friend and buried the girl in their backyard. Donna and Kelly vehemently deny the claims, calling Tracy “delusional.” Emotions run high when Tracy faces her family on Dr. Phil’s stage, including Donna, whom she hasn’t seen or spoken to in more than a year. Is Tracy remembering actual events, or are these fictionalized memories? Plus, don’t miss part two tomorrow, when Donna agrees to take a polygraph test to clear her name. Will Tracy get the answers she’s looking for? This program contains strong sexual content. Viewer discretion advised.

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: melbloom on Feb 22, 2014, 6:14PM - In reply to siszler
That husband is part of the problem. I'm glad that Dr Phil called him out! He could be my son in law who encouraged my daughter's paranoia & false memories. Dr Phil was right on here.

Replied By: effwalkingdead on Feb 22, 2014, 3:26PM
This blog addresses the many issues in how Dr. Phil handled the situation.

http://effwalkingdead.blogspot.com/2014/02/february-17-2014-sex-abuse-and-murder.html

One of the worst parts, was how Dr. Phil ended the two part series on Day 2. While Dr. Phil could have acknowledged that Alan was deceased and unable to defend himself against accusations by Tracy that were made only after his passing, reading accolades about Alan's miltary service has no bearing on whether he abused his children. Plenty of molesters have distinguished careers across all walks of life - teachers, priests, soldiers, cops, award-winning film directors, football coaches?! - this has zero connection to their likelihood of being pedophiles, and Dr. Phil completely confused the issues for his guests and his viewers when he ended on this note.

Replied By: amysgrangran on Feb 22, 2014, 12:10PM
I tend to come from a more compassionate view point. I can't imagine what her family went through. The pain must have been intense. Wether she was acting like a drama queen or not she must have believed what she thought she remembered. That, too must have been painful. Also the confusion of these "memories" must have had a toll on her. And even though her husband was an enabler he probably thought he was protecting her,

The whole situation is very complex. We cannot really judge them and make assumptions from what we saw. I think the bigger picture comes after the show. But the show does make us think through different things that take place in life.

Understand, though, when I extend compassion I don't dismiss the fact that I think she was wrong.

Replied By: lepasley on Feb 22, 2014, 12:07PM - In reply to lepasley
Founded in 1992

The FMSF is a 501 (c) (3) funded by the contributions from families:

FMS Foundation

P.O. Box 30044

Philadelphia, PA  19103

(215)940-1040

www.FMSFonline.org

Replied By: lepasley on Feb 22, 2014, 12:02PM - In reply to nickatnoon
A memory of a trauma is not what we are talking about.  This is memories of severe abuse, unexplained deaths, parents who are one way in the day and evil at night - raping their children, having friends rape their children and then that same child live a normal life, not remembering being tortured until memories are "dug out."  My therapist at the time told me after I told him of the sexual abuse I DID have that it was "it" it was deeper.  We had to go deeper.......we went deeper alright.  When I left after 4 years, I was heavier than I had ever been, still bulimic, and so depressed I could barely think straight.  I left, met some of the parents that had been "accused" and now have lifetime friends.  FMSF did not tell me not to believe in my memories, they simply were there to support me.  When I met the right attorney, Skip Simpson, we sued the counselors and after that process I got me back.  I had to put aside everything I discovered while in therapy and start with what I knew to be true before I went there.  And believe me, I had plenty to work with.

Replied By: nickatnoon on Feb 21, 2014, 8:00PM - In reply to aspergersmom
Trauma and sexual abuse esp CHILD sexual abuse get's stored in the subconscience, to protect the victim from re-living the horror over and over again. That is why most people never remember the IMPACT of any horrific accident, but just before and after the impact. Gubmint stats on sexual abuse are minimized mainly b/c most victims DO NOT REPORT IT for fear of ridicule, and guilt feelings. I did not report my rape at 16 years old either but I sure as hell tell EVERYONE now!

Replied By: lepasley on Feb 20, 2014, 2:35PM - In reply to cupid2011
Whoa, I'd hate to be him when Jesus makes His way back down to take his church home.  The Bible says, one life.  That's enough for me.

Replied By: lepasley on Feb 20, 2014, 2:32PM - In reply to mamamia2002
Because, Tracy actually believed the "memories" as they came up.  Besides, with her hystrionics and dramatic moments, she would be an unlikely candidate for a polygraph.

Replied By: lepasley on Feb 20, 2014, 2:31PM - In reply to siszler
Actually - he reprimanded him for enabling her.  It was that he believed her, it was that he was helping make and keep her sick by battling everyone about her "memories."

Replied By: lepasley on Feb 20, 2014, 2:28PM - In reply to paulab12
Actually, it started closer to the McMartin Pre-School case in the 80's.  The FMSF began in March 1992.  I know, I was there.  I am what they call a retractor.  

The False Memory Syndrome Foundation is a 501 (c) (3) organization founded in March, 1992. 
Address
1955 Locust Street, Philadelphia, PA 19103-5766 
Telephone: 215-940-1040, Fax: 215-940-1042. 
Email: mail@fmsfonline.org 
Pamela Freyd, Ph.D., Executive Director

Showing 1-10 of total 156 Comments