Twitter Facebook YouTube

2014 Shows

Stephanie says her 16-year-old stepson, Bill, has been in a gang for more than a year -- and has admitted to selling drugs and robbing people at gunpoint. She also believes he witnessed a murder, and she says she fears for her family’s safety. She says the family has tried everything to straighten out the teen’s life, but Bill refuses to cut off his affiliation with the gang. Bill’s father, Jeremy, and mother, Gina, say they believe their son is involved in illegal activities, but admit that they don’t want to know the extent. Fearing Bill will be imprisoned or killed, the family turns to Dr. Phil for help. Bill says being in a gang gives him “a feeling of power,” and he’d do anything for his “brothers” -- even die for them or get locked up. Does he feel the same about his own family? Dr. Phil asks Bill a question he’s never asked a teen before -- and the answer leaves everyone speechless. Then, two former gang members who turned their lives around have an important message for Bill. Will their stories make an impact? Plus, former prosecutor and CNN legal analyst Sunny Hostin weighs in about the risks she believes Bill is taking.

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: jenamarie686 on Jun 24, 2014, 12:43PM
I'm sorry but if I just found out my child killed somebody I would be FREAKING OUT!!!! Not just sitting there in my chair, I mean come on!!!! I totally think he's lying and that's why Dr.Phil gave him this gift, but I don't know just was a really strange show!!

Replied By: goldenbeach on May 26, 2014, 1:17AM
A violence-free family?  No way.  A violence free family doesn't have guns.  This boy was not raised in a violence free family.

Replied By: emylee on May 25, 2014, 10:38PM - In reply to nickidrea
I did the same thing. Completely agree with you.

Replied By: emylee on May 25, 2014, 10:37PM
Wow. This boy is obviously lying. The only good thing about him is his vivid imagination. It is completely contradictory for him to appear on this show. If even one sentence this kid stated was true then he would be going against everything he states he stands for by telling the tall stories he is. It is a complete fabrication. He needs help. Acting help ;) Liar liar pants on fire...

Replied By: chillimom on Feb 18, 2014, 1:04AM
1 + 1 = 3 in this case.  Felt like the whole story didn't get told.  Left feeling bewildered.

Replied By: ginalg on Feb 16, 2014, 3:54PM
Bill should not be attending the Center For Discovery, he should be in custody!  Bill admitted that he committed MURDER multiple times and he should have, at the very least, be interrogated by the proper authorities.  If it is determined by the authorities after a full investigation that Bill was just puffing to show off, then send him to the Center For Discovery.  If Bill is a murderer, he does not deserve the gift Dr. Phil gave him and there are many other people who are not murderers and who are more deserving of his gift and help.

Replied By: goodswin on Feb 16, 2014, 3:17PM
I have just watch this show on street gangs and this young 16 year old boy who said he had killed up to 5 people. I don't believe he killed anyone at all, i think he needs help and that he wants to be loved but he is getting that love the wrong way, he dad and mum seem nice and caring. I think if it came down to it his so called brothers would drop him right in it. i hope dr phil can help him and he is moving on

Replied By: mimilovesyou on Feb 16, 2014, 2:44PM - In reply to snorky1961
Dr. Phil always prides himself on "DOING HIS HOMEWORK".  He dropped the ball on this one!

Replied By: smacg76 on Feb 16, 2014, 1:35PM
I see from other posts that I'm not alone in feeling that things don't add up.  If the young man is, indeed, in a violent street gang, he's going to need to be in a witness protection program while he cooperates with authorities to provide information that leads to prosecutions.

As an aside, I give the step mother credit for writing into the show (I think I recall that correctly); I give the birth  mother credit for keeping her eye on the ball by insisting that getting help for her son be the talking point (versus finger pointing).  

Replied By: highonfire2010 on Feb 16, 2014, 5:11AM
and if ends up DEAD or in PRISON not my problem good riddance.

the kid needs and has money either he gets out or they get him dead end of story

if he wants to see how good he has it

go to the crime ridden areas in SOUTH LA or SOUTH CHICAGO or SOUTH BRONX wake him up

LITTLE PUNK NEEDS HIS ASSS beaten or a STRAIGHT UP BEATDOWN OR SMACKDOWN LITTLE PUNK

Showing 1-10 of total 123 Comments