Twitter Facebook YouTube

2014 Shows

Minny says that in November 2012, her then 17-year-old son, Andrue, shot himself at point-blank range in the chest. Andrue survived, but Minny claims that while he was hospitalized, his biological father, David -- who had never been part of his life -- kidnapped him and put him in what she calls a Mormon “cult.” Minny alleges that David has since “brainwashed” Andrue against her and her husband, Lon, who she insists was always the real father figure in her son’s life. She’s now suing David, along with several other parties, who she claims conspired to take Andrue away from her. Emotions run high when Minny confronts David on Dr. Phil’s stage -- how does he respond to her accusations? Did he take Andrue without permission -- or is there more to the story? Then, after months without seeing or speaking to his mother, Andrue faces Minny to tell his side of the story. Where does Andrue want to live? Hear his shocking accusations against Minny and Lon -- and their response. Plus, don’t miss Part 2 on Tuesday, when Andrue opens up about his suicide attempt and makes a plea to Minny for peace -- will she hear him, or continue to push for her day in court with David?

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: jenamarie686 on Jul 8, 2014, 9:00AM
I don't know if the kid is lying or if the mom is lying but none of it seems to make sense!! I don't think either of them are being 100% truthful!!

Replied By: strine on May 18, 2014, 11:54PM
When he was talking about his mother and step-father beating him, his mother said "we didn't beat you we only ground you"- then he said, "why did you ground me?". He changed from saying he was beaten to going down the being ground path i.e. he was lying about being beaten. When he was talking about the beatings etc (the things he was lying about), his voice was all excited and he was obviously reaching for things to say (would someone who was really beaten need to think about it or would they know it happened?).

Seems Daddy is giving him freedom and material goods to keep him around. I'd be thanking my lucky stars he was out of my house if I was them. Why did his father turn up out of the blue after deserting his son for years??

Replied By: rahimaali82 on Mar 2, 2014, 4:08AM
Did the mother and stepfather want a psychiatric diagnosis for their son so they could collect SSI checks for him?  Was this ever looked into?  It should be.

Thanks,      Rahima

Replied By: elemon on Feb 23, 2014, 7:19PM - In reply to bethanie04
Did anyone notice every time a hard question was put to this woman she would pretend to cry. Never any tears. She had an excuse for everything and seems to be drunk a lot.

Replied By: bethanie04 on Feb 19, 2014, 4:52PM
This woman was clearly lying and I could barely stand to watch her!  She is an ugly person and Im so glad that her son is AWAY from her!!  He is an amazing young man and I wish the best for him!

Replied By: sriphi54 on Feb 17, 2014, 10:57PM
It is possible that the policies and regulations for students in the public schools in Las Vegas, NV are different than here in Idaho, but I doubt it.  That being said, my comment is about Minny-mom wanting medical proof of her son's health, etc. after his so-called abduction.

Any time my son or one of my neices or nephews wwanted to participate in sports they had to get an athletic clearance from the either the family physician or a sports medicine doctor on school referral.  If any physical problems were found then the child wouldn't be allowed to participate.

Another comment.  To Minny.  If you continue on this path of destruction to the family that took Andrue into their home and brought him to this point in his life (high school grad, faith committed, positive social life), I think you will alienate this young man.  He will view you as an enemy to his family and thinking only of yourself and not about the big picture.  In the coming years he will marry and have children.  But you will not be the grandmother to his children.  He will view you as toxic and will keep his children away from you.

Replied By: rbailey001 on Feb 15, 2014, 10:01PM
As part of this show the Mother was allowed to say many things about the Mormon Church that are not true.

The Church is not a cult and is nothing like a cult ~ in just a few weeks you can see what the love of the Church and the people in it helped heal this young man and give him hope.  I have seen the Church change people's lives almost every week.  To allow a title of this show to go on as it was is an injustice. 

The Mother showed how early on how much she does not know about the Church by stating that the Boys father needed a Mail heir to the Mormon Faith. There is nothing, and I mean nothing, in the Mormon Faith about a male member of the Church having a Male heir and that should have been clarified by the Show and Dr Phil or an Offical of the Church should have been included in the discussion whenever the Church is takne to task,.  

I have watched this show for many years and never was I so displeased with the way the Church misrepresented .  It was easy for a Member of the Church to see how the Church and a loving family changed this young man's life in a short period and they should have been given some credit instead of leaving the impreassion that there is some kind of brainwashing going on in the Church.  It just does not happen.

Randy            

Replied By: cupid2011 on Feb 14, 2014, 9:28PM - In reply to phoebe387
THAT POWER CAN BE HULTED BY SOMEONE SPEAKING UP AGAINST IT

I GET THE IMPRESSION THAT ABUSERS DON'T LIKE FEELING BAD ABOUT THEMSELVES AND THEY ARE THE FIRST TO STICK UP FOR ANOTHER ABUSER.   WATCHING DR. PHIL BLAME THE ABUSER CAN BE VERY UNCOMFORTABLE FOR AN ABUSER TO HEAR AND THEN HE/SHE COMES ON THE BOARDS MAKING NASTY COMMENTS.   THEY CLEARLY KNOW RIGHT FROM WRONG.   OR IF THEY HAVE ANGER TOWARDS THEIR OWN KIDS, THEY COME ON THE BOARDS TO ATTACK THE KIDS WHO WERE ON THE DR. PHIL SHOW.   MAYBE GUILT DIMINISHES THEIR POWER.   AND YES, I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU THAT SOME PEOPLE THINK BEING ABUSIVE IS NORMAL AND ACCEPTABLE.    ANGER ALSO MAKES IT DIFFICULT FOR SOME PEOPLE TO SEE WHAT'S HAPPENING RIGHT IN FRONT OF THEIR EYES.  

ABUSE ALSO MAKES PEOPLE LACK EMPATHY AND THEY THINK NO ONE ON EARTH HAS IT AS BAD AS THEY HAD IT.  THEY DIMINISH OTHER PEOPLE'S SUFFERING WHILE ELEVATING THEIR OWN, WHICH IS ABUSE AND THE CYCLE CONTINUES.   ONCE IN A WHILE YOU GET A GOOD HEARTED SOUL LIKE ANDRUE WHO WILL PUT A STOP TO THE CYCLE.  

Replied By: phoebe387 on Feb 14, 2014, 8:07PM - In reply to cupid2011
Yes apparently power is quite intoxicating for some people. The Sandusky's of this world have gotten away with way too much. 

During this thread or the first one do you remember the comment that nearly said "well aren't we all ..." and the suggestion was that everyone is abused so it's ok. I remember when a story came out about a pedophile in our area a tv personality saying "well doesn't everyone have a perverted uncle in their family, it's just part of growing up" 

So many people ignoring what is right in front of their eyes. If you read the whole transcript of the show (both parts) you will actually see the mother "brainwashing" Andrue right in front of your eyes. One of the short videos shows Millie responding to Andrue's allegations of abuse. She responds by saying he was not abused and then saying "I was abused" how many times does she do this in that short video? So he can't tell her he doesn't want to be beat with a hanger if he wasn't also sexually abused? We see that she does not listen to him. Also she belittles his father constantly, he is at one moment "the kidnapper" and at another "the sperm donor". These are all little things she does to play with his mind. 

It's there in plain view yet some claim not to see it. 

There are so many upsetting parts in this show and with the comments of some vewers. My children tell me their lives were bliss and they mostly remember stuff like a skating rink I made or an igloo another winter. This is typical of children to remember mostly highlights. They don't seem to remember a brush with danger avoided. The fact that Andrue remembers the thing about the clothing he could not hang properly and there is an agreement of some type of incident but Lon states that they just asked him to stop washing their clothes. How would that incident even have made an impact on the boy? The truth is he remembers it because of trauma. Any child told stop doing the laundry would just be ecstatic. 

The people defending the mom didn't notice her volatility or explained it away. They didn't notice the indescrepancies that any good judge would notice. They didn't notice the mother redirecting her son and not listening exactly as he accused her of doing all his life. Everything about this show tells us Andrue is an upstanding young man who got a very  raw deal. It makes me sick.

Replied By: cupid2011 on Feb 14, 2014, 7:19PM - In reply to phoebe387
HE IS STILL YOUNG AND HAS PLENTY OF TIME TO THINK ABOUT ABOUT BEING AN ADVOCATE FOR KIDS.

SOME YEARS AGO, I USED TO HEAR THAT AS MANY AS HALF OF THE KIDS BORN WERE KILLED IN THE HANDS OF THEIR CARETAKERS. IT APPEARS THAT IT IS EASY FOR KIDS WHO ARE NOT YET REGISTERED IN SCHOOLS TO DROP OFF THE FACE OF THE EARTH WITHOUT ANYONE NOTICING THAT THEY'RE GONE. SO MANY PEOPLE ALSO DISTANCE THEMSELVES FROM FAMILY SO EVEN FAMILY HAS NO WAY OF KNOWING THAT KIDS ARE MISSING. NO WONDER DR. PHIL CHOOSES MOST OF HIS GUESTS WITH KIDS IN MIND.

THERE IS A LOT OF ANGRY ADULTS AROUND AND THEY TAKE THEIR ANGER OUT ON THEIR HELPLESS KIDS, AND WE HAVE SEEN SOME OF THE CONSEQUENCES ON THE DR. PHIL SHOW. MOTHER'S WHO ARE SUPPOSE TO BE KIDS' PRIMARY DEFENDER DON'T DO THEIR BASIC JOB. ANDRUE'S MOTHER PROBABLY ALSO WAS NOT PROTECTED BY HER MOTHER AND WAS ALLOWED TO BE SEXUALLY ABUSED AND WE PROBABLY GOT AN IDEA OF THE CONSEQUENCES. MOST ADULTS WOULD RATHER PROTECT A PEDOPHILE THAN CHILD.

WOULD BE GREAT IF ALL PARENTS/CARETAKERS WERE REQUIRED TO TAKE THEIR YOUNG KIDS TO THE DOCTOR A COUPLE OF TIMES A YEAR AT LEAST TO PROVE THAT THEY ARE STILL ALIVE.

LET'S PRAY FOR ANDRUE THAT HE IS GUIDED TO GET INTO A FIELD OF WORK TO PROTECT KIDS AND THEIR RIGHTS.

THE INTERNET IS FILLED WITH STORIES OF KIDS THAT END UP ABUSED UNTIL THEY ARE DEAD.

HERE'S ANOTHER STORY WITH A HAPPY ENDING. SEVERAL PEOPLE WERE GIVEN LONG PRISON SENTENCE FOR ABUSE AND TORTURE OF A YOUNG BOY.

https://unforgottenangels.wordpress.com/tag/tracy-california-torture-teen/

Showing 1-10 of total 211 Comments