Twitter Facebook YouTube

2014 Shows

Dr. Phil continues his exclusive jailhouse interview with Erin Caffey, who is serving two life sentences plus 25 years in prison for her part in the murders of her mother and two younger brothers, and attempted murder of her father, in 2008, when she was 16. Speaking publicly for the first time, Erin denies that she was the mastermind who plotted to kill her family -- but admits she knew about it and didn’t stop it. Dr. Phil asks what everyone wants to know -- why? Erin has told three different stories to authorities, a counselor and her father about what happened that night -- can Dr. Phil get to the truth? And, hear Erin’s account of how she felt when she learned her father survived. Plus, hear Erin’s heartfelt letter to her father, written four months into her incarceration -- and Dr. Phil’s thoughts on the letter. Terry says he’s forgiven his daughter -- but is he in denial about her role in the massacre? And, did Erin want her family dead long before dating Charlie? Erin’s ex-boyfriend, Michael, makes a shocking claim.

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: starshadow667 on Apr 8, 2014, 9:21AM - In reply to lainie51
This is driving me batty everytime he says "samurai sword." ARGH.

Replied By: lainie51 on Feb 17, 2014, 9:13AM
Wish Dr. Phil would get his facts straight. That's NOT a katana, which IS what a "samurai sword" would be.

Replied By: modestosandy on Feb 9, 2014, 7:29AM
I think the daughter is somewhat mentally challenged, but did plan this.  She seems to have no emtional attachment to anyone.  She is where she belongs.  Isn't this the definition of a narcissist?

Replied By: nyknicks on Feb 7, 2014, 5:13PM
thank god she will never see it, not a drop of empathy in that body

Replied By: chiefs11 on Feb 7, 2014, 11:34AM
There's no therapy or rehabilitation for those who have anti-social/narcissitic personality disorders.  Cognitive-based therapy will not give her a conscience.  Erin Caffey is a danger to society and Terry needs to educate himself about her illnesses, forgive, and move on.  Her lack of empathy during Dr. Phil's interviews was chilling.

Replied By: mom2pugz on Feb 7, 2014, 10:22AM
Dr. Phil, in my opinion spent a good part of this show trying to convience the father that his only living child is the cause of this terrible tragedy.  WHY?  He said "if you don't know the truth you can't heal"....how do you ever heal either way?  I felt the father was hanging on with all his might to forgive his daughter no matter what she did.  He is a very smart and articulate man, he gets it.  As far as the girl is concerned she didn't give a rat's a@@ about anyone but herself.

Replied By: auntmaggie on Feb 6, 2014, 10:09PM
Wow!  I had the show on DVR. Just watched it. I can't for the life of me figure out what your goal was, Dr. Phil. This man has lost his entire family, including the daughter in prison. He has a strong faith and has managed to survive this  by some miracle. Who cares what he tells himself to get through each day?  She is being punished here on earth and will have to answer to God in the next life. As someone who professes to be a 'Christian', you went way out of your way to break this poor man down. I am disappointed.  Terry should be held up as an example of how we should all forgive.

Replied By: cupid2011 on Feb 6, 2014, 3:12PM - In reply to digger20
JAMES H. PENCE

JAMES H. PENCE  ALSO CO-AUTHORED WITH TERRY CAFFEY'S BOOK

http://www.amazon.com/Terror-Night-Destroyed-Restored-Shocked/dp/141437965X/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1391720971&sr=1-1&keywords=TERRY+CAFFEY

Replied By: digger20 on Feb 6, 2014, 1:37PM
does anyone know the author of the book "blindside" or "blindsided" terry found the page from?

Replied By: digger20 on Feb 6, 2014, 1:35PM - In reply to troparion
does anyone know the author of the book "blindside" or "blindsided" that terry found the page from?

Showing 1-10 of total 126 Comments