Twitter Facebook YouTube

2014 Shows

Dr. Phil continues his exclusive interview with 16-year-old twins Georgia and Patterson Inman, heirs to the Duke tobacco fortune. How do they describe their relationship with their mom, Daisha, with whom they were estranged for most of their childhood? Then, Daisha opens up about her about her tumultuous relationship with the twins’ father, Walker Inman Jr., and why she says she was kept out of her children’s lives. Daisha, who is battling the bank for control of her children’s trust funds, which they gain access to when they turn 21, recently made headlines when she threatened to use an armed security team to scare away a process server. How does she answer to allegations that she is trying to drain the twins’ accounts and spend the money on lavish gifts? And, what do the kids have to say about their impending fortunes? Plus, Georgia and Patterson claim they survived years of abuse and neglect -- how can they move forward after the terror they say they endured?

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: annnorway on Sep 10, 2014, 2:10AM
Dear Patterson and Georgia,

I was so moved by your strength on the show. You are both amazing people! I am so sorry to hear this happened to you but also so happy that you have the strength to fight the battle. That takes and enormous strength and  I admire you for that. I hope that you will both  experience all the good in life and someday  have your own family the way it should be.  You are still so young but I can tell you it's a joy to see your own kid  happy and content , knowing you didn't  bring your past into  your future and that they will have a great and secure upbringing.  But that's still some years to come :)  as for know i hope you will find true friendship  with down to earth  people that will see you for the amazing persons you have become. I don't know you but by watching the show and seeing how you have come through this it's not hard to see that you are.  And Georgia, I think you would be an amazing child psychologists. I have  and always will believe that when you are working with children in these situations it's important that you can conne
ct and relate in your own way so you know how they feel and can use that to make them feel safe to open up and tell you what's going on. Anywho, I wish you both the best and good luck with the future to come. 

Sincerely, 

Annelin from Norway

Replied By: rubyfranciskat on Aug 22, 2014, 4:35PM
Dear georgia and patterson,

if i had enough love ,than i wish send to you over the atlantic ocean from holland to you with the wind all my love to you.....

i was in shock....when i see your story...my hart cry..a lot!

i wish you two wisdom,faith,forgivenes to the(#%<>$^%#}¥£$) people who distroy your childhood...

You loves your dad... But it is oke to be mad at him...it is oké...i wish you the best and a lot of LOVE......xxruby

Replied By: lula1023 on Apr 14, 2014, 3:27AM - In reply to siguiriya

That would be "Dr. Phil" to you, Siggy!  Show some respect, if you wouldn't mind...

Replied By: lula1023 on Apr 14, 2014, 3:20AM - In reply to siguiriya

You really like hearing yourself talk, don't you?

I ask, because you relentlessly portend to be an expert on the makings of a Dr. Phil show; yet, you never seem to take time, to even consider utilizing a different level of consciousness, to solve the same problems you have with your offensive, clueless, waste of time remarks concerning the appropriateness of others comments.

Perhaps if you'd acquire the skill of listening to what other people were saying, while hearing also, what was not being said... the entire world would want to hear what you have to say, too!

Never have i been touched as deeply, listening to a guest being interviewed on the show, as I was by watching Georgia, and hearing all those "things" she was not saying.  

Sorry you missed it. Lula

Replied By: plenowitz on Feb 6, 2014, 10:54AM
Dear Dr. Phil and team,

In 2012, the U.S. Department of Justice released a study (Saunders Report) that found the STANDARD and REQUIRED domestic violence training received by judges, lawyers, and evaluators does not adequately prepare them to handle abuse cases. Inadequately trained professionals tend to believe the myth that mothers frequently make false allegations. MOST contested custody cases are actually domestic abuse or child abuse cases in which abusers have been allowed to use the courts to regain control over their victims, and bankrupt the safe, primary care-giving, protective mother.

In addition, in 2013 the Center for Disease Control concluded a lengthy investigation into adverse childhood experiences. The ACE study is one of the largest medical investigations ever conducted to assess associations between childhood maltreatment and later-life health and well-being. They found that a child’s exposure to certain trauma’s, including domestic violence or child sexual abuse, resulted in more illnesses and injuries to children in childhood through adulthood (i.e., social emotional and cognitive impairment; adoption of health-risk behaviors; disease, disability and social problems; and premature death). This study demonstrates how a child’s exposure to domestic or sexual abuse is a PUBLIC HEALTH ISSUE. Yet every year, an estimated 58,000 children are sent for custody or unprotected visitation with a reported abuser.

Although research confirms that deliberately false allegations by mothers in child sexual abuse cases occurs less than 2% of the time, 85% of these cases results in custody to the alleged abuser—which means judges are sending children to live with their rapist. Inadequately trained professionals tend to believe the myth that mothers frequently make false allegations. Therefore, in thinking they have the needed expertise, they don't listen to domestic violence or child abuse evidence, experts, or consider current research. Mothers are then forced into poverty trying to protect their children, or worse JAILED-- while their children continue to be abused.

Dr. Phil, we would very much appreciate your continued support exposing the crisis in family court.  Author and DV expert Lundy Bancroft and I have put together a play called FORBIDDEN TO PROTECT.  FORBIDDEN TO PROTECT is a theatrical production that raises questions about legal responses to domestic violence and child abuse.  Through extensive victim interviews, FORBIDDEN TO PROTECT tells the true stories of children who have been required by a family court judge to go into dangerous circumstances where they have been repeatedly harmed by their abusive father.  The play demonstrates how most contested custody cases are actually domestic violence or child abuse cases in which abusers (with a larger bank account) have been allowed to use the courts to regain control over their victims and bankrupt the safe protective mom. In all of these stories, judges, lawyers and evaluators have chosen to ignore extensive evidence that the children and mothers were telling the truth, putting the child in harm’s way, and leaving mothers FORBIDDEN TO PROTECT her children and herself.  

Please help us further to prevent this from happening to our nations innocent children.  If the opportunity should arise, we would be delighted to come on your show to further discuss why so many children are put in harm’s way by our courts.  

Sincerely,

-Patrice Lenowitz

Patrice Lenowitz

Founder & Co-facilitator

The Nurtured Parent Support Group

Empowering Survivors of Domestic Abuse

Paramus, New Jersey

E-Mail: patrice@nurturedparent.org

Phone: (201) 849-3000

Fax: (201) 849-3166

On the web: www.nurturedparent.org 

Replied By: heidilures on Feb 5, 2014, 8:59AM
The twins should give their evil money away, go to college, and get good jobs. They should start over with a fresh life! Someone needs to break the cycle.

Replied By: nanners22 on Feb 4, 2014, 10:57AM - In reply to heidilures
Your life sounds very similar to mine.  You sound very strong and like a calm spirit.  I wish you well.  I unfortunately had a weak father and my step-mother is quite cold, probably mentally ill.

Replied By: nanners22 on Feb 4, 2014, 10:54AM
At the end of the report, Dr. Phil stated some of what the nannies, landscapers, and other aquaintences had said about not seeing or knowing of abuse, neglect and other wrongs.  As a survivor of child abuse and neglect, there were people in my life that did not see it.  For one reason or another, people choose not to get involved and will lie about knowing.  As a child, I also would go out of my way to appear normal, because the last thing you want is to have anyone think you're not normal.  Employees and "friends of the family" don't want to see and will do what it takes to not see.  Others consider what they do see as "normal" because they beat their own children and consider that normal.  I believe these children and I hope they stay in therapy for many, many, many, years. I have and it is the only thing that has helped me to move on.  That and my belief in God.  I could wonder and wonder why God allowed me to go through everything, but he also knew I was strong enough to get passed it too.  Only through him and good counseling.  Trust me, I did have some bad counselors too, but when you trust yourself, it can all be sorted out.  I pray these two young adults stay strong and vigilant in their quest for self-worth, forgiveness, truth, trust and allowing their legal team to do what they can to bring justice to the wrong-doer's.  

Replied By: heidilures on Feb 4, 2014, 7:53AM
Being raised by my father and having an abusive stepmother and stepbrother, all I can say is parents are guilty first. God gave  all of us natural instinct to know right from wrong and a guilty conscience. Why didn't I turn in my stepmother after the fact? Because my parents were just as guilty! Thank God I am able to forgive my parents to this day after 6 years of hell because they didn't deserve it, but we don't choose our parents. Forgiveness is a must to make it in this life. Good luck to these twins and build relationships but go with your gut feeling. Dr. Phil, thanks for giving everyone a voice to help heal the pain!

Replied By: cupid2011 on Feb 3, 2014, 10:05PM
SOME PEOPLE CAN'T BELIEVE THAT PEOPLE CAN BE BOUGHT FOR MONEY, YET PEOPLE HAVE BEEN KNOWN TO KILL FOR  A MERE $2,000.  IT'S NOT HARD TO BELIEVE THAT A LOT OF PEOPLE TURNED A BLIND EYE TO THE ABUSE THESE CHILDREN WERE BEING SUBJECTED TO IN EXCHANGE FOR MONEY.   OTHER PEOPLE WERE PROBABLY THREATENED IF THEY DIDN'T KEEP QUIET. 

Showing 1-10 of total 140 Comments