Twitter Facebook YouTube

2014 Shows

After nine-and-a-half years with her husband, Jason, Angie says she’s completely fed up -- with her mother-in-law, Kathy, who she claims won’t stop meddling in their lives. She says that Kathy rearranges their furniture, commandeers their kitchen -- and once even came into their bedroom with a video camera! Angie says that she and Kathy argue constantly, and claims that Kathy draws on religion for her ammunition, telling her she’s the “spawn of Satan” and needs to be saved by God. Kathy insists that she’s only trying to help Angie and Jason -- and says that Angie is the one who baits her into fighting. She also claims that Angie is a liar and a cheater and says she even doubts that Jason is the biological father of her 7-year-old grandson -- an allegation Angie dismisses as “ridiculous.” Emotions run high when the feuding in-laws come face to face on Dr. Phil’s stage. Hear the nasty text messages the women admit they’ve exchanged -- and how they almost came to physical blows! What does Jason, who is caught in the middle of the conflict, have to say? Does he think his mother is too involved in his marriage? Plus, Jason agrees to take a paternity test to prove that he’s really the father of his son -- what will the results reveal? Can Dr. Phil help these feuding in-laws put their years of animosity to rest?

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: strine on Apr 3, 2014, 11:12PM
No excuse for the way she behaves at all. My mother is the same way with my brothers. She has disabled one of my brothers so much that he lives alone, has never had a job and she goes shopping for his groceries for him. She tried to guilt trip me when I left home (at 21yrs old mind you). When a mother says, "Why are you leaving me after I've done so much for you?" there's a problem. He needs to step in and grow up rather than expecting his wife to control his mother's behaviour. She isn't her problem, she's your problem. If you and your wife break up, she'll still be YOUR problem.

Replied By: gizmo06 on Mar 9, 2014, 11:05PM
I just watched the show with Angie and Kathy....I feel so sorry for Angie, her husband Jason and Their son...Kathy is a nut job who wouldn't know the truth if it hit her in the head! I can tell you...this woman Crazy Kathy is nowhere near being a christian...As I watched her...I wanted to smack that woman right in the face and give Angie a big hug...I feel bad that she has had to deal with this woman as long as she has...and Jason...keep that mother of yours in check...your wife is number one...take care of her...I wouldn't want that woman anywhere near my house if I were them...she is completely NUTS!!!! Angie you are in my thoughts...and I feel so bad for you....you don't deserve any of that crap and certainly don't deserve that woman as a mother in law....hang in there...

Replied By: jaredforrest on Feb 19, 2014, 5:13PM
I missed this show, I taped it and just had a chance to watch it.  How revolting!  First, that mother-in-law and her righteous, judgmental views on everything about her son's wife was disgusting, period.  What sort of church or religion is that, where she has the audacity to question her son's paternity of her grandson?
I would hope he would know, he was there making this baby with his wife, not hi mother.
Second, the son needs an injection of testosterone, or a ball check, cause it seems like his wife has the set and he doesn't.  Man up!  Stop beng a spineless wimp.  If my mother suggested my wife was a whore and that i was not the father of our child, she would be gone, gone, gone from my house and my life.
That's all I have to say.

Replied By: chillimom on Feb 18, 2014, 1:26AM
This MIL is 50 shades of crazy!  Man up, son, and take care of your family.

Replied By: highonfire2010 on Feb 9, 2014, 6:12AM
this  is why I did not make it with my first GF / fiencee cause her freaking GrandParents were butting in

and she was a big freaking baby boohooo

get over it STAY THE HELL AWAY
THIS IS CALLED BOUNDRARIED THIER A BOOK READ IT STAY AWAY
YOUR NOT THE MOM IN HER YOU ARE THIER TO JUST BE FAMILY BOUNDRARIES STAY AWAY

Replied By: lyndalee3 on Feb 3, 2014, 11:18PM
The only thing WORSE than that mother in law is her son. He sits there and LETS his mother abuse his wife!  

He is a wimp a wuss and absolutely USELESS. I would leave that man because if he can't even stand up to his mother how can you count on him for anything?  I have never seen a more offensive or abusive mother in my life. I am a mother in law myself and I would never ever do or say the things she has done. I would not let her come into my home. 

Replied By: birger on Feb 3, 2014, 9:13PM - In reply to portfour
Well said.  I agree that being a Christian is more than going to church on Sundays, but it is a peace and calm that comes from knowing Christ.  People like this mother in law give Christians a bad rap.  Thank you for your post.  It is spot on.

Replied By: birger on Feb 3, 2014, 8:52PM
I thought that I had problems with my mother in law, but she is an angel compared to this mother in law.  I understand that it is hard for a mother to give up the the position of #1 lady in their sons lives, but it is part of life.  

I am a very active Christian and as such, I strive to live my life in harmony with others.  I'm not always successful, but it is shocking to see a woman call herself a Christian and then act to horrendously.  Kathy, continue your spiritual growth and seek a heart that is filled with love for others, even those that you do not understand. 

Jason, seriously?  You need to man up and handle your mother.  I can't believe that your wife has endured 9 1/2 years of this behavior from your mother, and your lack of effort to handle this situation is appalling.  You are going to lose your family and end up right back with your mom.  Treat your wife right, and stick up for her.  

Replied By: KateBauer on Feb 3, 2014, 4:47PM
Angie may not be a saint, but good grief, the mother-in-law was absurd.  Her husband really needs to defend her against his mother.  I was surprised after the horrilble things her mother-in-law said that she was still willing to try to establish a healthy relatiionship.  I think that proves Angie is close to being a Saint!!  Good Grief and my d-i-l isn't fond of me - smile - I should give her Kathy for a week.

Replied By: cinemaven on Feb 3, 2014, 2:09PM
Watching this show was shocking...how could a husband sit back as his mother called his wife satan or called their son's paternity into question? If my husband or I ever behaved that badly, I'd be ashamed of my son for not stepping up for his wife. The mother is a sick and unhappy woman who seems to want others to be unhappy. She is enabled by her son's inaction. 

When our son married, we didn't know his wife as she was American and he's Canadian so we'd spent very little time with her. It was our job to welcome her to our family and to get to know and love her, a job she made much easier by being so loveable. She and I have taken two road trips in two years to get to know each other. We're so different in almost every way but the way we're alike is in how much we love my son.

As a mom, my son doesn't love me less because he's found a wife to love...love expands to encompass as many people as you're blessed to have around you. I hope the mother reads these comments, watches the show and realizes she's missed out on too much by being hateful and judgemental. Her daughter-in-law is being very generous in wanting her to have another chance!

Showing 1-10 of total 176 Comments