Twitter Facebook YouTube

2014 Shows

After nine-and-a-half years with her husband, Jason, Angie says she’s completely fed up -- with her mother-in-law, Kathy, who she claims won’t stop meddling in their lives. She says that Kathy rearranges their furniture, commandeers their kitchen -- and once even came into their bedroom with a video camera! Angie says that she and Kathy argue constantly, and she claims that Kathy draws on religion for her ammunition, telling her she’s the “spawn of Satan” and needs to be saved by God. Kathy insists that she’s only trying to help Angie and Jason -- and says that Angie is the one who baits her into fighting. She also claims that Angie is a liar and a cheater and says she even doubts that Jason is the biological father of her 7-year-old grandson -- an allegation Angie dismisses as “ridiculous.” Emotions run high when the feuding in-laws come face to face on Dr. Phil’s stage. Hear the nasty text messages the women admit they’ve exchanged -- and how they almost came to physical blows! What does Jason, who is caught in the middle of the conflict, have to say? Does he think his mother is too involved in his marriage? Plus, Jason agrees to take a paternity test to prove that he’s really the father of his son -- what will the results reveal? Can Dr. Phil help these feuding in-laws put their years of animosity to rest? (OAD: 1-29-14)

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: birger on Jun 3, 2014, 8:56PM
My goodness I was floored when I watched this show.  Kathy is pure, pure evil.  The venom that poured out of her was ridiculous!  I would not even have her in my life or in the lives of my children.  I agree that family is important, but this women is a toxic.  JASON stand up for your wife and family!  You are perpetuating this problem by not setting boundaries and limits with your mother.

Replied By: loyalalways on May 29, 2014, 7:49AM - In reply to drphlsarckstr
I don't know if you'll ever see this since the show aired a few dayys ago already. However, I was reading your post about your mother-in-law telling you to get your "little Jew boy away from that cross". Remind this so called "Christian" that Jesus was a little Jew boy, too. Watch the look on her face. She's not a Christian with an attitude like that! Good Christians don't put down another person's religion/beliefs.

Replied By: loyalalways on May 29, 2014, 7:07AM
Maybe if she does, she'll get it and see that SHE is the problem. Hopefully, she will FINALLY see that SHE is the spawn of satan, if anyone is, will mind her own business and grow up. My mother-in-law is a saint compared to this woman. Actually, Angie deserves a ton of credit for even being willing to have this woman in their lives. I'd stay clear of her.

Replied By: gingerfine on May 29, 2014, 4:20AM
I can't understand why that woman is even in their lives! Seems like she has an awful lot to say about everything in their marriage and the wussy husband says nothing!  He's the one I'd have issue with for not defending me and throwing his mother out...tell her she's not welcome until she can control her tongue and opinions..........Sheesh

Replied By: loyalalways on May 28, 2014, 12:39PM - In reply to lindasmith57
I agree. I have a daughter-in-law and a son-in-law. I love both of them because they love my children. I get along well with both of them. You have to look for the positive in people and not the negative. It really makes a difference. If you're going to put your child in the middle, you're going to lose every time.

Replied By: suzannesrs on May 27, 2014, 10:05PM
I know, I know that is not the title - but it should have been. This woman is holding a grudge from what a teen-ager said 7+ years ago. Nothing bothers me more than someone spouting relegion to hide their cruelty. Then she is shocked because her grandson is her grandson then calls him "the little boy"? This woman should be kept away from her grandson. At that point I quit watching, she was not worth my time.

I know Dr. Phil keeps preaching how important family is - but are we not also responsible to keep our childrens environment healthy and safe? Sometimes that can't be done if you let some "family members" in.

Replied By: alwaysaskeptic on May 27, 2014, 8:04PM
Every second post comments that Jason needs to "grow a pair". True enough, but implicit in that is his mother's outrageous behaviour being only the fault of Jason not "setting boundaries". Did his mother live in a vacuum and not interact with anybody but Jason all her life? We all learn to behave, or not, growing up in the world, influenced by many people. The MIL has to be held accountable for her own behaviour. Jason made it worse by not standing up to her but she has to own her behaviour. Somehow I don't need anybody "setting boundaries" to figure out how inappropriate it is to barge into a couple's bedroom with a video camera, Kim Kardashian notwithstanding.

Replied By: naturemum on May 27, 2014, 4:06PM - In reply to junk4joann
I'm with you all the way - LOL. Have 2 dogs, 3 cats and am involved in rescuing which is much more rewarding.  At least the animals are grateful and give unconditional love. Humans could learn so much, especially "christians" - give your dogs bellyrubsand ear scratches for me please.

Replied By: naturemum on May 27, 2014, 3:39PM
I remember watching this show last year and it would have been nice to see a follow-up LOL. I'll watch it again just to remind myself how vicious my first mother-in-law was. However, my husband did side with me all the way so we were just fine.

Replied By: cudee58 on May 27, 2014, 10:31AM
She is far away and doesn't want to visit! Great!.. Let Jason deal with her if needed and you and your kids enjoy a normal life... DR Phil you are wrong about this one being an important family member in these kids lives...

Showing 1-10 of total 222 Comments