Twitter Facebook YouTube

2014 Shows

Dr. Phil continues his intervention with 18-year-old Sara, who is seven months pregnant and admits to smoking cigarettes and marijuana daily and using crack and heroin. She says she’s not addicted and claims her 20-year-old sister, Sadie, who is also abusing drugs, is a bad influence on her. When Dr. Phil presses Sara for answers, she confesses that she and her sister used cocaine the night before the show. How does she explain her choices? Does she realize the effect her drug use could have on her unborn child? Dr. Phil shows Sara shocking video of babies who were born addicted -- will it make an impact? Then, Dr. Charles Sophy, director of Los Angeles Department of Children and Family Services, and Areva Martin, attorney and child advocate, have words of warning for the expectant mom. Will they serve as a wake-up call before she loses her baby or ends up in jail? Plus, Dr. Phil issues the siblings an ultimatum -- what will they choose? (OAD: 1-28-14)

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: lmbg59 on Jan 28, 2014, 7:51AM
Please tell me that everyone including Dr. Phil is aware these girls were high on stage.  It is disgusting.

Replied By: elidar on Jan 28, 2014, 7:51AM
I admire Dr. Phil & the Dr. Phil Show very much and agree with much of the statements on the show  I am concerned that on this show Dr. Phil appears to be saying that the pregnant mother is unimportant, that only the unborn child matters.  Particularly since a recent show featured a woman who only felt of value when she was either pregnant or nursing; this disturbed me.  "The ONLY reason you are on this show is your unborn baby...."   I know that this is not an accurate representation of Dr. Phil's beliefs (he just isn't this uncaring)  Did I just mis-hear that?  Is it that this is now a matter or priorities?  Unborn children first, then children & maybe adults?

Replied By: wendy4416 on Jan 28, 2014, 7:39AM
I have the same situation with my 29 year old daughter, she is possibly 4 mos pregnant and using needles. She has reached out to me asking for detox and I contacted a source that I could afford but it is Christian based and she refuses to go to that - says its a cult. At my wits end as I watched this show and watched those babies struggling. Praying that some intervention takes place for my daughter so she will seek the help she needs for both herself and her unborn child. She has not even seen a doctor yet, said there are women who give birth that have never see a doctor. At this point I'm struggling with all this and even have asked a retired sheriff to check and see if she could be arrested for endangering an unborn baby - that was 2 weeks ago and still waiting for answers.

Replied By: orion0513 on Jan 28, 2014, 4:24AM
Thank you Dr. Phil for not giving up on this girl and taking action! I feel like we live in a World today where all I see are parents and family members closing their eyes to the problems instead of just facing them and dealing with them. I have seen it in my own family, I have seen parents literally give up on there children and therefore giving up on their grandchildren. I see innocent babies that did not ask to be brought into this World suffer, and I see so many people just walk away and not fight. It kills me the most to see people turn their back on helpless babies. If you cannot give the mothers the tools they need for succesful and healthy parenting and a baby is being abused or neglected then at least involve the authorities. I can also say, at least for the state of Idaho, we need to ramp it up. Personal family experiences have proven to me how dysfunctional our judicial system is. Especially for CPS. So Thank you! This baby now has a fighting chance!

Showing 161-164 of total 164 Comments