Twitter Facebook YouTube

2014 Shows

Dr. Phil continues his intervention with 18-year-old Sara, who is seven months pregnant and admits to smoking cigarettes and marijuana daily and using cocaine and heroin. She says she’s not addicted and that her 20-year-old sister, Sadie, who is also abusing drugs, is a bad influence on her. When Dr. Phil presses Sara for answers, she confesses that she and her sister used cocaine the night before the show. How does she explain her choices? Does she realize the effect her drug use could have on her unborn child? Dr. Phil shows Sara shocking video of babies who were born addicted -- will it make an impact? Then, Dr. Charles Sophy, director of Los Angeles Department of Children and Family Services, and Areva Martin, attorney and child advocate, have words of warning for the expectant mom. Will they serve as a wake-up call before she loses her baby -- or ends up in jail? Dr. Phil issues the siblings an ultimatum: Will they choose treatment -- or jail?

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: scottishjojo on Apr 9, 2014, 7:16PM
i truely believe the sister should be arrested for supplying drugs to her sister and endangering the babies life. what selfish girls..yes they grew up with problem severe problems but she is able to make decisions dor herself now...

im paralysed in a wheelchair after i was run over by a drunk driver i cannot have children of my own, u was a childrens registered nurse and i cant even work with children any more...this show breaks my heart.

Replied By: strine on Apr 1, 2014, 11:48PM
What she is doing to that baby is abuse. That baby is going to be born an addict regardless of whether she stops now and will likely have developmental problems. During early pregnancy is when the brain and senses are developing- makes me angry that she decided to go through with a pregnancy knowing she couldn't put a baby before herself. She's selfish.

How dare she sit there and judge her mother when she's doing the same and worse to her baby. There comes a time when you have to own your actions and think of someone other than yourself rather than resting on the "victim mentality". That baby can't tell her to stop and she is destroying their body. Her sister is helping her harm the baby too. Would either of them feed a baby - outside of a womb- poison? That's what they're doing to that baby.

They make me so angry.

Replied By: babooshka2002 on Mar 7, 2014, 2:59PM
Some of the comments on this are awful. These two young women are a pair of mentally ill, traumatised children. It's not surprising if Sara came off as really immature, which she did. Emotionally, she's a child. Her reactions made perfect sense and you could pretty much play Addict Bingo with what she was saying. The insults some people have thrown at them are despicable and show a complete lack of understanding of what addiction even is and how childhood trauma affects the development of a person.

I hope they can both get better. I know they can with help, but whether they will or not is another matter. I do know that their chances of succeeding by themselves are pretty much nil. I hope they stayed in the treatment programs long enough to realise they needed them.

Replied By: nyknicks on Feb 3, 2014, 6:51PM
if these two slugs went to rehab

Replied By: benefica on Feb 1, 2014, 12:05PM
... someone telling this pregnant girl, that She might not like a lot of things - but when you become pregnant, you automatically forefit every single right to do what YOU want. Your life as well as your body no longer belong to you. Gradually, as the years go by, you get it back. This is not "just" about drug abuse. It is also about children having children without understanding the consequences of their decisions.

Replied By: nyknicks on Jan 31, 2014, 5:52PM - In reply to anpade
ok not garbag or trash but what about scum. that sounds better

Replied By: gagal2410 on Jan 31, 2014, 4:20PM
My heart aches for those teens. My imagination isn't wired for understanding why nobody ever reported the abuse. Does money really buy integrity? I will keep these teens in my prayers. God bless them as they walk the journey to recovery.

Replied By: nyknicks on Jan 30, 2014, 9:17PM
these two girls are scum, that baby is doomed and it hasn't been born yet. who is going to fit the bill for the life long health care it will need, US THE TAX PAYERS WILL.

Replied By: tippyclark on Jan 30, 2014, 8:22PM
This young woman's behaviour is outrageous!!  She is NOT stupid and DOES know better.  It has met her goal of CAPTIVE AUDIENCE FOR UNFORGIVABLE BEHAVIOUR!!!!  I knew better when I was age 18 and pregnant.  I do not understand the behaviour.  God bless the fetus.

A regular Dr. Phil TV viewer AND  a registered nurse

Replied By: phofperson on Jan 30, 2014, 5:53PM
this young girl was so proud of the fact that she had not used cocaine "today" that all she could use as an excuse. what about all the other times, don't they count.

neither of these girls will make it through rehab because they don't want it, or be away from their family, which they don't seem to care anything about and they gave them the out that they could leave in 2 days and he would fly them home. how is that helping the baby or anyone?

am really getting tired of all the "gifts" given because we never know how well they worked. but in my minds these two need to be in jail and the baby removed to safe care upon birth.

this makes me so angry.

Showing 1-10 of total 163 Comments