Twitter Facebook YouTube

2014 Shows

Dr. Phil continues his intervention with 18-year-old Sara, who is seven months pregnant and admits to smoking cigarettes and marijuana daily and using crack and heroin. She says she’s not addicted and claims her 20-year-old sister, Sadie, who is also abusing drugs, is a bad influence on her. When Dr. Phil presses Sara for answers, she confesses that she and her sister used cocaine the night before the show. How does she explain her choices? Does she realize the effect her drug use could have on her unborn child? Dr. Phil shows Sara shocking video of babies who were born addicted -- will it make an impact? Then, Dr. Charles Sophy, director of Los Angeles Department of Children and Family Services, and Areva Martin, attorney and child advocate, have words of warning for the expectant mom. Will they serve as a wake-up call before she loses her baby or ends up in jail? Plus, Dr. Phil issues the siblings an ultimatum -- what will they choose? (OAD: 1-28-14)

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: toxicity7 on Aug 7, 2014, 8:21AM
These girls almost missed it. They didn't want to go to rehab you could just tell. I hope the mom to be realizes that she needs some serious change in order to be good for her child. My best wishes for the other girl too.

Replied By: loyalalways on Jul 29, 2014, 3:08AM - In reply to ocdmama
I agree with you. What a person does with her own body is one thing. However, when she's pregnant, she's got another human inside of her. It's no longer just her body.

Replied By: loyalalways on Jul 29, 2014, 2:53AM - In reply to virgo9864
I just wanted to commend you on your recovery. I don't know about it personally, but, from what I've heard, it's very difficult. You should be very proud of yourself.

Replied By: alwaysaskeptic on Jul 27, 2014, 2:54PM - In reply to ocdmama
...isn't causing this double standard you speak of. Pro-Choice simply champions the right of a pregnant woman to determine what happens to her body, with abortion as one option. It's a totally separate and more widely held view that a pregnant mother shouldn't be allowed to abuse harmful drugs and therefore put her unborn child at risk, a viewpoint that's hard to argue with. These are two separate issues, one being the right to terminate an unwanted pregnancy and the other to stop behaviour that endangers the health of a baby that will be born, most likely with multiple defects and pretty good odds of dying prematurely or living a miserable life.

Replied By: bourgeois9 on Jul 26, 2014, 4:25PM - In reply to nonna730
neither can I

Replied By: ocdmama on Jul 25, 2014, 11:22PM
I truely beleive in everything you said and did on the shows that ran Thursday July 24 and Friday July 25 2014.  I guess the angel that I am coming from is the double standard that the law has on this issue.  She can legally abort the child...because it is her body, but she can not harm the child, that would be against the unborn babies rights.   Pro-choice can not have it both ways.  Unless this country is so messed up that we do not know the meaning of the word "harm".  the double standard here tells me that there are more women and men out there that do not veiw abortion as a simple act of ..its her body she can do what she wants. We need one standard...life should always be respected..inside the womb and out.  Thank you to your staff and yourself for putting on the tough shows, you get abused a lot but I have a feeling you can take it.  but thank you.

Replied By: hot_princezz on Jul 25, 2014, 11:08PM - In reply to sanch26
I agree with you my thought is that people who watch this episode will not be scared to ask for help.  I have learned that until someone is ready on their own to quite using drugs or drinking all the help you try to give will not be sucessful.

Replied By: nonna730 on Jul 25, 2014, 11:02PM - In reply to bhunter913
i cannot read the replies to comments...suggestions

Replied By: toofickle72 on Jul 25, 2014, 10:40PM
My mom smoked and drank when she was carrying me in the early 70's.  I was born with a heart defect that was corrected with open heart surgery when I was 8.  I have a spine defect that was not detected until about 5 years ago and the doctors have said it is congential and it along with my other spine/back issues have caused me to have 3 spine surgeries so far with no relief from the pain.  I have other small defects such as my thumb nails have a curve in them and I have issues with my eyes.  I wish my mom wouldd not have engaged in the behavior while she was carrying me because now this is my cross to bear.  I hope these young girls listen and act before it is too late.

Replied By: bellaanna on Jul 25, 2014, 10:21PM - In reply to msvita526
I totally agree with you.

Showing 1-10 of total 211 Comments