Twitter Facebook YouTube

2014 Shows

Kristin says she’s desperate for an intervention for her 18-year-old daughter, Sara, who is seven months pregnant and admits to smoking cigarettes and marijuana daily as well as using cocaine and heroin. Kristin says she not only fears for Sara’s life but is also terrified for the welfare of her unborn grandson -- and she doesn’t know what to do. Sara says she’s not worried about her drug use, because she has seen other expectant mothers do the same, and “their babies are fine.” She says she’s not an addict and insists she only makes bad choices when she’s around her 20-year-old sister, Sadie, who is also abusing drugs. The siblings claim they haven’t used any drugs in two weeks, except for marijuana. What will their drug tests reveal? And, Dr. Phil uncovers shocking details about their childhoods -- is there a family legacy that needs to be broken? Plus, will Sara realize the dangers her unborn child could be facing? Don’t miss this gripping two-part story. (OAD: 1-27-14)

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: oceanentity on Sep 19, 2014, 4:45AM - In reply to catmar
Im also curious as to how this situation has played out. hope for a follow up soon .

Replied By: catmar on Jul 29, 2014, 8:19PM
This was actually a re-run.  I wonder how those girls are doing & would love to see a follow-up

Replied By: alwaysaskeptic on Jul 29, 2014, 1:35AM - In reply to gemfiend69
...agree with what you have to say about this self-centred, manipulative brat.

Replied By: gemfiend69 on Jul 28, 2014, 10:10PM
i have never felt compelled to leave a post before, ever anywhere.  i was so upset with this show it haunts me.  This girl sarah needs to be locked up in jail and have the key thrown away.  Her baby needs to be taken from her as soon as she gives birth and she should never even see a picture of him.  She says that she didn't realize the problems she could cause him by doing drugs....well that's bulls**t.  She knew and was too selfish to care.  Take that kid away and save him from even more problems that having a selfish drug-addicted terrible mother in his life will cause him.  All she does is trivialize, minimize her behavior and role in the situation and place blame on everyone else....her sister isnt the one who is pregnant, nor her mom or step-dad, Sarah is so she is the only one to blame.  WE ALL HAVE PROBLEMS IN CHILDHOOD.  It was her choice to do the drugs.   she didn't even want to get help for herself and her baby, find out what her drug use has done to effect her child when offered the chance to go to texas to get help until Dr Phil told her he was going to turn her information over to the cops.  she didnt care enough about her child just her stupid selfish self.  Take the kid, lock her up and throw away the key.

Replied By: alwaysaskeptic on Jul 28, 2014, 1:41AM - In reply to loyalalways
Of course it is your right to make comments on the boards, as it is mine. You are critical of me and others for making judgments of others. The post of mine you responded to merely pointed out that you condemn others for passing judgment but as a frequent contributor and reader of the message boards, I can say that you make the same kind of judgments as others do. All I ask is that you get off your high horse and quit thinking you're better than everyone else.

Replied By: heymathlady on Jul 26, 2014, 2:47PM
Please tell us what happened with these two girls and the baby boy since the show first aired in January.  Thanks!.

Replied By: loyalalways on Jul 26, 2014, 8:28AM - In reply to naturemum
Yes, unfortunately, our kids don't have much choice in what they inherit. when they're born. However, the parent who is passing on that gene probably got it from his/her parent, too. It just keeps on passing down. I hope that one day researchers will find a way to stop this cycle.

Another sad thing is that addicts don't want to be addicted any more than we want them to be addicted. They get so much criticism from others. It's good that people are starting to understand addiction better now. We still have a long way to go, though.

I sort of know what you're going through, though. It really is a worry. As I said in a previous post, my ex's father was an alcoholic and all of his uncles were alcoholics, too. On his mother's side of the family, of 4 siblings, his mother is the only sibling who is NOT an alcoholic. My ex has a drinking problem, too. He's a binge drinker. I worry about my daughter, too. She drinks way too much when she drinks. She is also a binge drinker. Both of them can't go to a party without getting drunk. However, both of them have the good sense to NOT drive when they drink..

As much as we want to protect our kids from all pain and harm, there are just some things that they have to do for themselves. There's nothing we can do, as you say. We can just be there for them when they need us.

Regardless of the faults of our kids, we still love them and it still hurts to see them hurting. We do what we can to help them through life, even when they're adults.

Replied By: loyalalways on Jul 26, 2014, 3:38AM - In reply to alwaysaskeptic
If you aren't the pot calling the kettle black, I don't know who is........... If you want to judge others you don't even know, go right a head. But, it's my right to comment on it. You constantly post on here and criticize others. Clean up your own back  yard before you clean up someone else's.

Replied By: loyalalways on Jul 26, 2014, 3:35AM - In reply to naturemum
I'm so sorry for the problems you're having with your daughter. It must be hell for you to have to worry all the time. I wish that the researchers could come up with something better to help people with these addictions. They don't want to be addicted, either.

My ex-husband comes from a family full of alcoholics. His father was alcoholic, as were all of his father's brothers. His mother was the only one of her siblings of 4 who was NOT an alcoholic. My ex struggled with alcohol, too. His brother is also an alcoholic. Now our daughter is also showing signs of binge drinking. It's very hard to understand alcoholics because some of them are so nasty. However, now we know that it's an illness. Hopefully the day will come soon where alcoholics are accepted for what they are - very sick people.

I really do hope that your daughter finally realizes her problems and goes for help. Unfortunately, most adicted peoole have to hit rock bottom before they see the light. I hope your daughter gets her help before that  happens.

Replied By: bourgeois9 on Jul 25, 2014, 11:49PM
After watching the show (re-run) I wanted to know what happened with the girls and how was the baby?  Who is taking care of him?

Showing 1-10 of total 204 Comments