Twitter Facebook YouTube

2014 Shows

Aubrey says that she was physically and sexually abused by her stepfather, Michael, from ages 8 to 16 and claims that her mother, Tammy, knew it was happening -- but did nothing to stop it. She says that she hasn’t spoken to her mother in over three months and can’t move forward until she gets an apology from Tammy for failing to protect her. Tammy insists that she had no idea what her daughter was going through, despite allegations that she makes about also being physically and sexually abused by her ex-husband. Michael pleaded no contest to charges of aggravated indecent assault and statutory sexual assault and is serving 6 to 12 years in prison. What red flags may have Tammy missed? Hear why Aubrey says she thinks it’s impossible that her mother, who worked at a treatment center for sexually abused girls at the time, was in the dark about what was going on under her own roof. And, how does Tammy respond? Dr. Phil offers Tammy the chance to take a polygraph test to prove to her daughter that she didn’t know about the abuse -- will she accept? And, how can Aubrey and Tammy begin to heal their relationship?

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: duncanddog on Jun 29, 2014, 12:41AM - In reply to aubreyrochelle
I just finished watching your Dr. Phil episode on youtube because I like doing those kinds of things, and I noticed and was impressed by the way you held yourself on the show. I spent like an hour trying to figure out how to comment on this but if you want to chat about anything really, email me at duncandrummond1998@gmail.com. If you want to talk then that's GREAT. I definitely want to hear from you because you seem like a cool kind of person and I like that. :)

Replied By: jeanierp on Jun 9, 2014, 5:14PM - In reply to liancardie
I am not at all good about following up with my comments!  I just read yours and you are very kind.  I am so sorry you have had to deal with such a destructive family.  I hope you are able to continue to move on.

Replied By: penfold on Apr 1, 2014, 7:30PM - In reply to pinkangelgirl
You are spot on when you say this woman is also an abuser. The show made me furious, especially because Dr Phil was so lenient on her. Women need to know there is no excuse for not protecting your child...not fear of poverty, not fear of abuse....NOTHING! It is a mother's instinct and job to first protect their children and THEN themselves.

I notice on Aussie state is set to introduce an automatic 3 year sentence for women like Aubrey's mother. It can't come soon enough and I hope the other states quickly follow suit.

Paedophiles are sick but there are no words to describe a mother who sells her child into sexual slavery, in her own home. No words.

Replied By: penfold on Mar 30, 2014, 11:07PM - In reply to aubreyrochelle
It is completely understandable that you would want to keep your mother in your life, given your age and how fragile you must feel. However, I guarantee that you will eventually come to an understanding that she is a narcissistic sociopath and incapable of giving you what you need.

I don't know how long that will take because growing up is a process but I hope you can move on from her before you have children yourself. She is poison and would happily stand by and watch the same thing happen to them.

Sometimes you have to pull the thorn from your side and throw it away forever.

Replied By: penfold on Mar 30, 2014, 10:43PM
Your mother is a liar. Women like her...and there are many of them...need to be imprisoned along with the perpetrators. They turn a blind eye to the abuse of their children for some sick reason and present an innocent face to the world but don't buy it...she is a liar to the core and even sicker than your stepfather.

Aubrey, I know you are not yet a mother, but that bond is such that you would do anything to protect your child IF you care about them more than yourself. Your mother has no concept of that and cares only for herself. She only cried when taking about her own 'abuse' and I believe she did know what was happening but could only feel emotion based on how it affected her.....and that emotion was JEALOUSY.

Take it from someone who is in their 50's with a mother who is still living but has no part in her life. Sometimes you have to be prepared to accept that you will NEVER get what you need from your parent and you have to be prepared to parent yourself.

I am so proud of you. You are an incredible woman who doesn't need to continue to endure your mother's particular brand of cruelty. Stop waiting for her 'to get it'...it will never happen because she is not capable of it but you will go on to do great things without her and in spite of her.

Kick her to the curb and DO NOT LOOK BACK. Give your own children a sensational gift....free them from her poison and the damage she would do to them. Make your own way and be proud of yourself. You are already more mature and more emotionally intelligent than she ever could be. You are better off without her. I wish you every happiness.

Replied By: pinkangelgirl on Mar 30, 2014, 9:14PM
I just watched the show here in Australia and i was in shock. As i looked at my 2yr old daughter i felt heartache for Aubrey and just sick and angry with that women who is called a mother. What made me so angry was that she was just making excuse after excuse and also kept turning the attention onto herself wanting sympathy because she was also abused. Guess what? It was your choice lady. You are an adult who chose to stay with an abusive criminal. Your daughter did not. How do you turn a blind eye and a deaf ear when your daughter is pleading for help. Its disgusting. She should be in jail also. She saw a crime being commited against her daughter for years and ignored it. The other joke is that she worked in a job that dealt with child abuse. What the!? I believe in forgiveness and it is absolutely neccessary for Aubrey but that does not mean that its in her best interest to have a relationship with her mother. Her mother is not a victim, she is also an abuser. She may be forgiven but there are consequences for neglect. She doesnt deserve to have her daughter in her life. I don't believe she is truly sorry. She heard what her daughter was saying and was still basically saying what about me?

Aubrey is an amazing girl and has such a promising future ahead of her. I think its best she leaves her past where it is, behind her, including her mother.

Replied By: dogluver1970 on Feb 18, 2014, 2:52PM - In reply to cupid2011
Dogs act on instinct - people are much more complex!! So with all due respect, your example is extremely flawed.

Replied By: cupid2011 on Feb 9, 2014, 9:25AM - In reply to aubreyrochelle
I'VE BEEN WONDERING ABOUT YOU FOR A WHILE AND I WONDER IF YOU CAN ANSWER A QUESTION .  YOU MENTIONED THAT YOU GET FITS OF ANGER AND I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF YOU HAVE A CLUE AS TO WHAT IT IS THAT BRINGS THE ANGER FITS ON.  I WONDER BECAUSE SOME PEOPLE HAVE THE ABILITY TO FEEL OTHER PEOPLE'S ANGER, WHICH IS NOT THE SAME AS IT BEING YOUR ANGER.

Replied By: hallo32 on Feb 7, 2014, 10:28PM
Aubrey

I just watched your show and have never written on  a message board, but I had to after watching you. Your stength is inspiring. You are not only a beautiful person on the outside but a beautiful person on the inside. You are well spoken and are truly trying to understand your past and help yourself for your future. You aren't asking your mom for anything unreasonable, but you can't let what she won't give you define your future. 

I worked as a social worker in the education system for 8 years and feel you could make a difference with many children. You compassion, calmness and active listening could make a huge difference in many young lives. I'm sure your strength by telling your story has already touched so many lives. I applaude you in so many ways and hope my girls have strength like you. 

Everyone has rough days and some rougher then others,but remember everyday is a new day and you get to press reset. I truly hope you take all of Dr. Phil's help and start to heal. You are an amazing person who has so much to teach to others. I wish you all the best with your recovery And hope 2014 brings you some peace.

Everyone 

Replied By: aubreyrochelle on Jan 31, 2014, 6:04PM - In reply to orionredstar
While I did not write to Dr. Phil, I know that my aunt had been trying to get my mother and I Dr. Phil's help for a few years. She wrote and emailed and called. My only advice is to keep trying, and get his story out there. It's a blessing to have his help, so I'd pray on it too.

Sorry I can't be of more help!

Aubrey

Showing 1-10 of total 275 Comments