Twitter Facebook YouTube

2014 Shows

Mother of four Danielle says that after her now-estranged husband, Luis, left the military in 2005, he became jealous, paranoid and abusive -- and two months ago, he was arrested for assaulting her. Danielle claims that Luis grabbed her by the neck and head-butted her in the face, leaving her with a broken nose and two black eyes. Luis spent two days in jail for the incident but insists he accidentally bumped Danielle’s face during a struggle -- which he says she initiated. Despite filing two restraining orders against Luis, Danielle admits she continues to communicate with him -- and wants to see if they can save their marriage. Dr. Phil weighs in -- should they stay together, or are they better off apart? And, what is at the root of Luis’ rage?

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: strine on Oct 7, 2014, 11:09PM
So she turns up at his house in the middle of the night, breaks a window and then when he opened the door started thumping into him and then she got a broken nose (and she is the one who was granted a restraining order while he was made a criminal?).

I'm sorry but it sounds like your justice system is a man-hating system if that is allowed to happen. Plus she sat on the stage and talked about how scared she was and how she didn't want to remove the restraining order. Except she was the one who went to his house in the middle of the night and he wasn't the one stalking her yet while defending himself she was hurt and she gets treated as a victim?

Give me a break lady, you are not helping women who are really in abusive relationships. Sell your sob story to someone else.    

Replied By: mithoonam312 on Jan 28, 2014, 7:39PM
These two to please eachother have terribly and unethically gone wrong in their earlier days. They need to learn how to communicate now, as they have lost respect for eachother. Respect and forgiveness, not bitterness will awaken that deep love they have for eachother. The man will need some subtle therapy since he is more messed up from his experiences in Iraq.

Replied By: cupid2011 on Jan 22, 2014, 8:46PM - In reply to jillrbird
SOMEONE POSTED THIS LINK ON THE OTHER BOARD FOR TREATMENT OF PSCHOLOGICAL DISORDERS.  TYPE IN YOUR  CITY AND STATE TO FIND A PRACTITIONER NEAR YOU. ALSO, FIND A HOMEOAPTH NEAR YOU BY USING GOOGLE. THERE ARE A LOT OF RESOURCES FOR YOUR SON TO GET MUCH BETTER.  MY BEST WISHES TO YOU AND YOUR SON.

HERE'S THE LINK:   http://emdr.com/

Replied By: clive_canhome on Jan 22, 2014, 3:50PM
See my general response to this here at my blog titled “Relationship Abuse” clive_canhome. It is long but if you're interested in more depth to this discussion, I recommend it and welcome feedback.

Thanks.

Replied By: jennef on Jan 21, 2014, 10:39PM - In reply to jaimesuz2
Luis must be glad  to have a friend who'll stick by him when things aren't going well.

Replied By: jennef on Jan 21, 2014, 10:30PM - In reply to culpepper1
Are we to understand that the following is your take on post traumatic syndrome disorder ?

If a man comes back from a war suffering from having witnessed & perpetrated horrors & has become unstable, then he is weak, immoral  &  also dishonourable.

This is judgmental, rigid & inhumane.

Replied By: jillrbird on Jan 21, 2014, 9:20PM - In reply to cupid2011
He is a mess. This country better figure out what to do with these guys returning home. My son was the greatest guy until he went to war. He has a degree from college and didn't have to go but felt it was his duty but the price we have paid has been too much for any family. They can't go for help or they loose their security clearance. I hope they all get the help they need.

Replied By: jat8818 on Jan 21, 2014, 5:47PM
PTSD has been around a long time, it used to be called shell shock.  I watched the British episode of Who Do You Think You Are with Patrick Stewart, and a newspaper article about his father said he had shell shock. His father was very angry after being in the war, and beat his mother a lot, so it's been around a long time.

Replied By: jat8818 on Jan 21, 2014, 5:45PM
PTSD

Replied By: duckydes on Jan 21, 2014, 2:31PM - In reply to odatmatt
So if they say they do have problems, they can't go home?  Gee, I wonder how many people say yes they do have probems, so they need to stay in Iraq or Afghanistan

Showing 1-10 of total 60 Comments