Twitter Facebook YouTube

2014 Shows

Twenty-four-year-old Shannon says two years ago, her ex-boyfriend, Sam, stabbed her multiple times in the face, hands and arms with a butcher knife -- and she feels betrayed by her family, including her mother, Diane, because they didn’t visit her in the hospital. Diane says she had too many obligations at home, and had this been a “life or death situation,” she would’ve taken the trip to see Shannon. Is she lacking compassion, or is Shannon being a drama queen? When the two come together on Dr. Phil’s stage, can they put the past behind them and repair their fractured relationship? Then, Kasey says she’s fed up with her 24-year-old son, Jason, who is still living at home, refuses to get his driver’s license and plays video games all night long. Is Jason addicted to gaming, or is Kasey enabling her son? Find out why Jason blames his mother for his current situation. Can he learn how to survive on his own -- and does he want to? Dr. Phil enlists the help of best-selling author and psychologist Dr. Art Markman to help this mother and son start fresh.

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: cupid2011 on Jan 27, 2014, 12:36PM

THANKS YOU TO THE POSTERS FOR ENLIGHTENING ME AND HELPING ME UNDERSTAND WHERE THE MOTHER IS COMING FROM.

Replied By: staytuned on Jan 26, 2014, 6:56PM - In reply to fazie25
I was thinking this too.   Dr. Phil has more information than what is shown on tv and if the mom was really in the wrong, he would've given it to her.  I find it interesting that Shannon didn't mention visiting her mom while she was going through surgery with her heart issues.  The me, me, me attitude was seeping out from all sides.

Replied By: coffeegirl64 on Jan 26, 2014, 7:31AM - In reply to fazie25
I agree with you entirely.  It looks like on this episode there was a LOT of extra information that wasn't shared.  I've watched families go into debt, lose jobs, time and life trying to "be there" for kids that just won't listen or that cry wolf a lot.

If someone moves far away, gonig to them becomes a little harder and a LOT more costly.  There was probably a lot more history that this mom took into account when she got that phone call from her daughter.  We will never know.

Replied By: coffeegirl64 on Jan 26, 2014, 7:15AM
I'm not as outraged at this mom as some might be.  Maybe it's because I can sympathize with her more as I've got siblings and other family members that put themselves in harms way over and over and over again and one day it might be my family sitting on the show, ha.

And maybe it's because, to a degree, I've been that young lady myself in my own life and I have to be real honest with myself about my family's obligation to me.  It would be GREAT if my folks would drop everything and come attend to me during a crisis; however I moved myself to another state and make my decisions without thier advice or input so I can't really reasonably expect them to suffer consequences and spend money (you guys talk about plane tickets likey they are cheap) with me when they don't get the option to make the choices with me...or give input to my choices.

Nobody ever asks to be attacked and that was HORRIBLE and I totally feel for the young lady.  But for the grace of God; it could have been me when I think of previous relationships.  And yes, in an ideal world it would be awesome if your mom could come and be right by your side within hours....but I don't know that you can actually be mad at her for not.

Replied By: esulliv on Jan 25, 2014, 8:05AM - In reply to manifestosparx
Me too!

Replied By: cupid2011 on Jan 24, 2014, 8:39AM - In reply to huneymelt
MY MOTHER WAS NOT COLD LIKE THIS WOMAN.

I SAW POSTS  HERE FROM OTHER WOMEN WHO ALSO HAVE SERIOUS HEART PROBLEMS AND THEY ARE NOT COLD OR BLAME .

SHANNON'S MOTHER'S HEART WAS WELL ENOUGH TO FLY TO THE DR. PHIL SHOW.  SHE APPARENTLY HAD HER HEART FIXED AT THE TIME OF THE TAPING OF THE SHOW AND SHE WAS STILL COLD.

SURGERY DOES NOT FIX A COLD HEART.

Replied By: huneymelt on Jan 24, 2014, 3:05AM - In reply to unsure2013
Amen, and why does she need to beg for concern!!!

Replied By: huneymelt on Jan 24, 2014, 3:03AM - In reply to cnkfan
THANK YOU JESUS!! FINALLY SOMEONE WHO SEES THE BIG PICTURE!! SHE JUST NEEDED HER FAMILY NO MATTER WHAT SHE'S DONE IN THE PAST. SHE DIDN'T NEED JUDGEMENT.

Replied By: huneymelt on Jan 24, 2014, 2:57AM - In reply to mymabell
Absoluely!!

Replied By: huneymelt on Jan 24, 2014, 2:55AM - In reply to velmagwink
LIKE!

Showing 1-10 of total 310 Comments