Twitter Facebook YouTube

2014 Shows

Valerie says she’s petrified of her angry 15-year-old daughter, Baylea, whose rages are so violent and out of control that the police are often called to intervene. Valerie says that during these incidents her daughter turns into a “crazed animal,” punching holes in walls, throwing items, and hitting and scratching herself -- and she fears someone could get seriously hurt. Despite her efforts to control her daughter, Valerie says Baylea drinks, smokes marijuana, and skips school. Can Dr. Phil help uncover what’s at the root of Baylea’s rage? Baylea’s older sister, Chelsea, blames their mother for the teen’s behavior, saying she acts more like Baylea’s friend instead of a mother. Is this a case of a bad teenager or bad parenting? How does Baylea explain her actions? Valerie admits she’s failing as a mother and needs guidance. Can Dr. Phil help her tame her teen -- before she self-destructs?

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: cupid2011 on Jan 24, 2014, 2:45PM - In reply to cupid2011
ROBIN IS ALSO A PUBLISHED AUTHOR

ROBIN HAS TOLD THE STORY OF WHEN SHE AND HER HUSBAND WERE DISCUSSING FINANCES.  HE TOLD HER HE WANTED TO BE NOTIFIED FIRST BEFORE SHE SPENT ANY MONEY.  SO ROBIN CALLED HIM EVERY 20 MINUTES EVEN IF IT MEANT INTERRUPTING HIM WHILE HE WAS IN MEETINGS AT WORK.  SHE CALLED HIM BEFORE SHE BOUGHT GROCERIES AND BEFORE SHE PUMPED GAS IN THE CAR.  THAT ONLY LASTED A DAY.  

ROBIN GIVES CREDIT TO HER MOTHER.  ROBIN SHARES A CHILDHOOD MEMORY WHEN HER FATHER WAS A GAMBLER.  ONE DAY HE GAMBLED AWAY THEIR HOME.  THE MEN SHOWED UP AT THEIR HOUSE DEMANDING THAT THEY MOVE OUT.   ROBIN'S MOTHER  DID NOT SUBMIT TO THEIR DEMANDS.  SHE TOLD THEM TO GET OUT AND SHE CLOSED THE DOOR.  A LOT OF WOMEN WOULD HAVE ALLOWED THESE MEN TO HAVE THEIR WAY WITH THEM. 

ROBIN'S WEBSITE IS IN TRIBUTE TO HER MOTHER

IF ROBIN WANTS TO GO TO COLLEGE AND GET A DEGREE, I'M SURE SHE HAS THE FREEDOM TO DO SO. 

THE MOTHERS THAT APPEAR ON THE SHOW AGREE TO GO THERE.  NO ONE TWISTS THEIR ARM.  IT IS THE MOTHERS WHO GO THERE TO HAVE THEIR TEEN DAUGHTERS FIXED NOT THEMSELVES.   MOTHER'S BLAME KIDS FOR BEING BAD KIDS.  KIDS ARE NOT BORN BAD.  DR. PHIL CANNOT FIX A KID WITHOUT ALSO FIXING THE PARENTS.  

Replied By: hazeld12 on Jan 21, 2014, 6:52PM - In reply to ahhhhh7
Where does this person get off criticising mothers on a daily basis, I think he may have psychological problems of his own, maybe hatred towards his mother, because he didn't hate his alcoholic father, so perhaps he blames mothers for all his ills in his life, his affairs and his inability to treat his wife as an equal.

Replied By: cupid2011 on Jan 21, 2014, 10:08AM - In reply to suzannesrs
I KEEP HEARING MOTHER'S COMPLAIN ABOUT LACK OF ENERGY.  

YET THEY HAVE NO PROBLEM SCREAMING.   

QUIT WASTING YOUR ENERGY SCREAMING.

WORK ON YOUR DIET AND TAKE SUPPLEMENTS TO GET MORE ENERGY IF YOU REALLY ARE TIRED.

Replied By: cupid2011 on Jan 21, 2014, 10:01AM - In reply to suzannesrs
DR. PHIL AND ROBIN KNOW CLEARLY THAT CHILDREN IN AMERICA ARE BEING NEGLECTED AND THAT THE FOSTER CARE SYSTEM IS BROKEN.  BROKEN BECAUSE ADULTS ONLY CARE ABOUT THE MONEY.

THEY ARE BOTH INVOLVED WITH  WOMEN ATTEMPTING TO GET AWAY FROM ABUSIVE PARTNERS  

THEY ARE BOTH INVOLVED WITH CASA THAT HELPS WORKERS BE ONE ON ONE WITH CHILDREN IN THE FOSTER CARE SYSTEM. 

DR. PHIL IS RETIRED, BUT HE CONTINUES TO BE INVOLVED WITH PEOPLE

DR. PHIL IS INVOLVED IN CHANGING LAWS TO REHAVILITATE YOUNG TEENS

DR. PHIL IS INVOLVED IN GETTING THE GOVT TO FUND WOMEN'S SHELTERS IN AN EFFORT TO SAVE LIVES.  HE UNDERSTANDS THE RISK INVOLVED FOR PEOPLE INVOLVED IN ABUSIVE RELATIONSHIPS. 

ROBIN JUST LAUNCHED HER NEW WEBSITE TO EDUCATE US ABOUT DOMESTIC VIOLENCE.

WHY DOES HE DO THIS?  BECAUSE HE HAS MANY YEARS OF PERSONAL EXPRIENCE WORKING DIRECTLY WITH PEOPLE.  HE DOESN'T JUST SIT BEHIND A DESK PUSHING PAPER.

YOU HAVE SEEN ROBIN IN ACTION ALSO RIGHT ON THE SHOW.  SHE HAS A SKILL TO GET WOMEN TO LISTEN TO HER AND TO TAKE HER SERIOUSLY AND TO TRUST HER. THESE ARE WOMEN WHO ARE VERY PARANOID AS A RESULT OF BEING BEATEN REPEATEDLY.  TAKES A SPECIAL PERSON LIKE ROBIN AND DR. PHL FOR THESE SEVERELY PARANOID INDIVIDUALS TO TRUST. 

THEY ARE BOTH INVOLVED DIRECTLY WITH PEOPLE.  THEY'RE NOT JUST SITTING BEHIND A DESK PUSHING PAPER. 

I'D LIKE TO SEE A PARENT'S RESUME MATCH THIS ONE

Replied By: gualderama on Jan 20, 2014, 12:45PM
I always have to wonder in these "teens out of control " stories-where are the dads?  Dr Phil is always pretty tough on the moms but l don't think he understands how tough it is to be a single mom with teenagers.  Many of the moms feel so overwhelmed that they check out-l can relate.  Somehow the dads need to check in too-it is not fair to blame the only parent who stays and tries.

Replied By: suzannesrs on Jan 19, 2014, 9:25PM - In reply to lashelc
Thank-you for your comments. Dr. Phil is very good at what he does, but he reminds me of a staff member of a mental facility for teens who visited my classroom. We were transitioning a girl from the facility to my classroom. After spending some time in the classroom they admitted they needed to do more of that. They really had no idea of "the real world" they were putting this girl into.

I have also seen it over and over in college professors who have not been in the classroom in years, some have never been. They have wonderful theories, all well researched etc, but making them work in the real world is a whole different stroy.

People who have never been a single parent, living from paycheck to paycheck (and pleased to have it) living in fear of being able to pay the bills and raise the kids to be healthy adults.Until you have been there you have no idea of the challenges of raising children when you are so exhausted you can't hang two thoughts together. Then you are fighting against this society that tells them they need $100 jeans (and you have $12 to feed 3 of you until the end of the week)  and they need to "go out" etc etc etc.

l  It is so difficult - and at times impossible to have the energy to go toe to toe with them when needed.

This mother needed help, she is exhausted, terrified, she did not need two men attacking her.

Replied By: cupid2011 on Jan 19, 2014, 4:21PM - In reply to ahhhhh7
IF YOUR KID HAS CANCER, DO YOU JUST LET HIM DIE?

THIS MOTHER IS NEGLECTING HER DAUGHTER BECAUSE SHE DOESN'T EVEN BOTHER MAKING SURE SHE TAKES HER MEDICATION OR THAT SHE GET PROPER MEDICAL CARE FOR HER DESEASE. 

MENTAL ILLNESS CAUSES ANGER AND DEPRESSION.

THIS KID IS NOT A BAD KID.  SHE IS A VERY ILL GIRL. 

Replied By: ahhhhh7 on Jan 18, 2014, 7:00PM
I would like to see Dr. Phil raise a teenage girl before he gets all high and mighty towards the parents (mostly the mothers).  He can quote his degrees up and down but unless it is your own daughter screaming and yelling at you - and in many cases larger than you - then really you don't know how it would be.  He can turn to them and use that sweet strange voice - I know how is, etc.  and then they can turn into a different person than the one the parent is dealing with.  I raised 2 daughters and believe me it was no picnic.

Replied By: kathyincali on Jan 18, 2014, 7:24AM - In reply to mommatoad
Agreed :)

Replied By: mnsc24 on Jan 17, 2014, 7:39PM
So, Dr. Phil rails against this Mom and calls her an "abuser", repeatedly admonishing her, but on the January 13th show, Dr. Phil barely raises his voice to the sociopathic dad who has spent years abusing his children, wives, and shooting a beloved dog 15 times (in front of s=his son).

What the heck??  This is SO inconsistent on Dr. Phil's part and I'M DISGUSTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Showing 1-10 of total 182 Comments