Twitter Facebook YouTube

2014 Shows

Valerie says she’s petrified of her angry 15-year-old daughter, Baylea, whose rages are so violent and out of control that the police are often called to intervene. Valerie says that during these incidents her daughter turns into a “crazed animal,” punching holes in walls, throwing items, and hitting and scratching herself -- and she fears someone could get seriously hurt. Despite her efforts to control her daughter, Valerie says Baylea drinks, smokes marijuana, and skips school. Can Dr. Phil help uncover what’s at the root of Baylea’s rage? Baylea’s older sister, Chelsea, blames their mother for the teen’s behavior, saying she acts more like Baylea’s friend instead of a mother. Is this a case of a bad teenager or bad parenting? And, how does Baylea explain her actions? Valerie admits she’s failing as a mother and needs guidance. Can Dr. Phil help her tame her teen -- before Baylea self-destructs? This program contains strong language. Viewer discretion advised. (OAD: 1-15-14)

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: sybilrn on Jul 9, 2014, 10:53AM
This pathetic woman should never. Have had children!

Replied By: sybilrn on Jul 9, 2014, 10:47AM - In reply to staceycd
In my opinion this Mother should never have had children!!

Replied By: staceycd on Jul 8, 2014, 8:57PM - In reply to wicoandevie
Agree with your statement and also agree Dr. Phil owes this mother an apology!

Replied By: staceycd on Jul 8, 2014, 8:55PM
I too felt sorry for this mom. I am a nurse and when he gave her a rough time for not knowing what disease her daughter had been classified as "the D word" and then poked fun of her at another word she couldn't come up with, this turned me off!! Make a torn mother feel worse than she already does! I too have a teen who is not violent but has had a hard time moving from home to a different state and has refused to go to school. I can not drag this boy to the bus and have tried everything to get him to finish his education as we come from a very educated family but when you have the means to provide whatever you can for your kids, you have no idea how real life is and getting help from the schools is a joke!!!!! We finally figured it out but it wasn't easy. When you have a teen that is not going to listen, you're at a loss and I would've felt worse than better when I left the show also only that he offered counseling and a get away to give reprieve to the mom and daughter.  If you have a daughter that sneaks boys in her room, drinks, smokes pot and whatever else, you have little control, believe it or not. Other than kicking the kid out or letting him leave was my next option. We have withdrawn our boy from school and he is working online but when he feels like it. He has a car and a job and we are controlling that but it's still not easy. I am not afraid of my child and don't feel like I have a situation near what this mom does but after a while of fighting, you do give up and I hope this mom and daughter can figure it out. Dr Phil, you were very insulting to this mom and made her feel worse. I don't understand your reasoning. Sorry

Replied By: annekt1 on Jul 8, 2014, 9:16AM
Dear Dr. Phil,

I feel you owe this mother any apology.

I'm very shocked at this episoid!

I too have a teen that on occasion can become so angry that I'm teriified!  He gets his way in my house too because I become afraid of getting hurt phycially and emtionally.  I don't engage with him inorder to protect his younger brother too.  I'm sure you and Robin have a problems with your children like everyone does but if you had to live with a teen on this level you would have been much more compastioned to the mother.  

I also fear you have made the situation worse for this poor mom!  No doubt her daughter will return home feeling justified and rightious of her behavor because you have blammed it all on the abused mother.

I always have loved your show but I was EXTREMELY DISSAPOINTED with this one.

It really struck a never with me and thank god I wasn't the guest/parent  looking for your help!  It would have backfired and made my life worse that it can already be at times dealing with this same topic.

Replied By: newsmom on Jul 8, 2014, 7:46AM - In reply to jessm1005
I completely agree with your points. Good luck and God bless as you deal with your child's issues. I, too, have a "tough" one and an "easy" one.  I have to parent them differently, and I am totally on top of my son's diagnosis and medications. The fact that the mom had no clue is really shocking. It sounds like her middle daughter is the tough one and she just doesn't want to make the effort because, as you so well put it, she has a total victim mentality.

Replied By: caitiej64 on Jul 7, 2014, 10:52PM
There are no perfect parents out there anywhere. But still most of those kids who have imperfect parents don't threaten their mother and little brother like that. I think Dr. Phil was hard on the mom and "light" on the daughter so he would not alienate the teen and get her to go for treatment. The mother has raised one older daughter who seems very well centered and what seems to be a nice young boy, so it can't be all the mom's fault. I hope someone gives that mom a hug.

Replied By: wicoandevie on Jul 7, 2014, 9:12PM - In reply to cbspeed
I also have been a huge Dr. Phil fan, I record the show daily while I am at work.  But after today's show, I am totally confused with his interaction and tone to the mother. ???

Replied By: wicoandevie on Jul 7, 2014, 9:08PM
I really do believe this teenage is very troubled.  She is totally evil towards her 11 year old brother.  I don't see what the mother can do.  Remember Dr. Phil, children kill their parents all the time.  What other red flag is there?  I am very confused.  Not everyone has a Dr. Phil in their home to talk down the child's anger.  I also have a teenage daughter and I thought she would get pretty mouthy, I have another daughter just two years older and she is extremely loving and respectful.  Not all kids fit in the same mold and some are definitely born with a lot of issues.?????

Replied By: wicoandevie on Jul 7, 2014, 9:04PM - In reply to rmthomas
I really agree with you.  I was totally confused by his response and attitude towards the mother.  If the mom raised anothe,  daughter that turned out ok, then some children are born bad.  Kids kill their parents all the time, this is a total red flag.  This girl is scary.  Dr. Phil you raised great boys, but you could have had a bad child.  She is evil towards her little 11 year old brother, what the heck.

Showing 1-10 of total 232 Comments