Twitter Facebook YouTube

2014 Shows

Matt says his ex-wife, Mindy, is a liar and manipulator who alienated him from their children and continues to cause problems for him and his new wife, Heidi. He says in 2008, when he told Mindy he wanted a divorce, their argument spiraled out of control, and he barricaded himself inside their house for four hours, surrounded by a SWAT team -- leading to his arrest and 490-day incarceration. Matt blames Mindy for escalating the incident that day and says she has been using their kids as pawns ever since -- even keeping him at a distance while their 8-year-old daughter was dying of cancer. Mindy denies Matt’s accusations and insists that their kids are afraid to visit him because of the abuse she claims they suffered growing up. Matt admits he spanked the kids with a belt to discipline them -- does he think he crossed a line? Plus, hear from Matt’s new wife, Heidi, who admits that Matt can be condescending and controlling and has issues with his temper. She says they fight often, mainly over the drama with Mindy, whom she calls a “master manipulator.” Dr. Phil sorts through the chaos to help this fractured family get on the path to healing. What does he think is at the root of Matt’s anger? And, can Matt and Mindy learn to co-parent peacefully for the sake of their kids? This program contains strong language. Viewer discretion advised. (OAD: 1-13-14)

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: artgallerymom on Jul 17, 2014, 10:24PM
Someone should help the exwife keep this man at a great distance from her and her children.  He screamed at her that she stole the time from him with his children.  He actually believes that he deserves the time.  Someone needs to protect the women in his life from his manipulation. I don't understand how Dr. Phill didn't come down on him stronger. The man deserves to be locked up. Very upsetting. I felt sick and shaken all day after watching this.

Replied By: catlady30 on Jul 13, 2014, 12:10AM
I'm not a dog fan but I do love animals as a long time vegetarian and my heart is broken to hear about what happened to Crystal.  Does anyone know of a virtual memorial for her I can pay my respects to?

I agree with the majority of posters asking why he is not in prison for animal and child abuse.  The fact that he is not makes me wonder what the point of exposing him on TV was.  Someone mentioned he had been incarcerated but for what they weren't clear and if it was before or after the dog killing idk.

Replied By: big43dog on Jul 12, 2014, 10:33AM
Shooting 15 times your faithful and devoted dog is

savage and demented.  15 times   15 times  you

should be locked up

Replied By: yankee_rose on Jul 11, 2014, 11:51AM
Watching this show made me sick. I lived through a childhood similar to what those kids went through. My father got away with everything he did back then and I am still bothered by the things he did. There has been no asking for forgiveness from from him, and no contact since 1997 and I wish to have none. I, too, am haunted by his treatment of my father, my brother, and myself. My heart goes out to those kids. That man's arrogance and the look on his face throughout the whole show made me want to hit him. Or worse. He is sick and demented for what he did to the family pet. My father did similar things to animals as well. I support his ex keeping the kids away from him...I would do the same thing. And the present wife needed to keep her big mouth shut. She will be the next one he goes after if he doesn't get help. He should have been put in jail for what he did to that dog. I will never forgive or forget what my father did to us and I'm sure those kids wont either.

Replied By: loyalwatcher2 on Jul 10, 2014, 3:26PM
I am really upset after watching this show.  How dare you not help the ex-wife protect her children - she did everything in her power to help her kids.  I certainly hope that NONE of the kids have to go with this father until (and if) he gets help.  His cocky attitude, that he displayed, obviously shows he has NO REMORSE until you brought it to his attention.  In addition what an IDIOT the new wife is - can't she see that she is being abused just like his first family.  THAT MAN BELONGS IN JAIL AND SHOULD NEVER HAVE ACCESS to kids.

Replied By: evidencepw on Jul 10, 2014, 1:46PM
This man should never be allow to have contact with any children he is a self obsorbed  evil person.  his tears are so fake it is sickening.  His second wife is also ill to put up with him.

Replied By: upsydasy on Jul 10, 2014, 10:27AM
When I heard the news today, this guy was the first thing that I thought of.

Replied By: pleasantonmeg on Jul 10, 2014, 10:01AM - In reply to sarajam
The man is off his rocker and I could not believe Dr. Phil did not say so.

Replied By: pleasantonmeg on Jul 10, 2014, 9:59AM
I was shocked at the behavior of this father.  Killing the family dog and having his son bury the dog?  Being the reason for the SWAT Team to be called to this family's house for having his family on lock down?  Having his daugheer lick around the bathroom toilet to prove that she cleaned it?  I could not believe any of it or that Dr. Phil told this man he did not think he was psychotic or mentally ill.  Not mentally ill just because he can now say his actions were "deplorable" years after the fact?  Little too late.  I thought the man was psychotic, mentally ill, a threat to his family and beyond help.  He actually said it was too late for his children.  That's because it's too late for them to have him as a father in my opinion.

Replied By: spencerandsam on Jul 9, 2014, 5:35PM
Im never that shocked enough to write into a show but the Tues, July 9th show was so disturbing! I cant believe with what this nut has done to his kids and animals that it is even in question that his son go live with him! His current wife is in for a life of misery if the guy doesnt kill her first. How can he say he is better now that he is not with his ex wife? I dont know anyone who abuses their children and pets and claims they did it because the ex gave them a bad attitude? Yikes! This guy is a walking time bomb that counseling is not going to cure. My heart breaks for that poor little girl. The stress she endured from him may have made her sick. Sick freak. Next debut will be the ID Channel.

Showing 1-10 of total 498 Comments