Twitter Facebook YouTube

2014 Shows

Matt says his ex-wife, Mindy, is a liar and manipulator who alienated him from their children and continues to cause problems for him and his new wife, Heidi. He says in 2008, when he told Mindy he wanted a divorce, their argument spiraled out of control, and he barricaded himself inside their house for four hours, surrounded by a SWAT team -- leading to his arrest and 490-day incarceration. Matt blames Mindy for escalating the incident that day and says she has been using their kids as pawns ever since -- even keeping him at a distance while their 8-year-old daughter was dying of cancer. Mindy denies Matt’s accusations and insists that their kids are afraid to visit him because of the abuse she claims they suffered growing up. Matt admits he spanked the kids with a belt to discipline them -- does he think he crossed a line? Plus, hear from Matt’s new wife, Heidi, who admits that Matt can be condescending and controlling and has issues with his temper. She says they fight often, mainly over the drama with Mindy, whom she calls a “master manipulator.” Dr. Phil sorts through the chaos to help get this fractured family on the path to healing. What does he think is at the root of Matt’s anger? And, can Matt and Mindy learn to co-parent peacefully for the sake of their kids? This program contains strong language. Viewer discretion advised.

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: strine on Mar 19, 2014, 7:53AM
So he made his daughter lick the floor to show his highness that it was clean? The little girl who died from cancer had to get a belt so he could whack the other kids? He is a sick POS who isolated himself from his kids and them from each other- I imagine those older kids would have blamed their little sister for being the one to get the belt for him. I hope Dr Phil helps those kids so they don't blame themselves anymore for the way they felt about their sister. His daughter is intelligent enough to realise what he is. He is a jerk. Give up on him, he's making himself a victim. The end.

Replied By: carrionfairy on Mar 18, 2014, 8:44PM
What a revolting human being he is. I'd want nothing to do with him either. I think I've yelled at the TV with this show more than anything else. People like these are the ones I can't muster any compassion or understanding for. Not even a little. I don't think he deserves help. He deserves less than the abhorrent fate he gave to their poor dog. How Dr Phil can sit there and not throttle him.......
Well, he's a stronger person than I am, that's for sure.

Replied By: bcrd500 on Feb 17, 2014, 11:02AM
Does not matter what the ex-wife has done concerning her ex-husband. Anybody, who takes a dog into the desert and shoots it fifteen times needs to be put down himself. His excuse of "bad parenting" and "under pressure" is a dodge to hide the fact he is a bully and sadistic individual.

Replied By: daddysgrl727 on Feb 2, 2014, 8:22PM - In reply to mrnrockies
You are completely right. Let's just see if the church stands behind it's so called "principles" and excommunicates him and his new wife.

Replied By: ziozosa on Jan 24, 2014, 2:47PM - In reply to mrnrockies
I am disappointed to read your reply in regards to Utah. I have lived in Utah for the past 8 years, and have not had at all the experience you had. I am an educated adult female, and have never felt second-rate or somehow "less" than the males who surround me. On the contary, I've felt that in general males here are more respectful and easier to get along with than where I was living before. 

I was horrified to see this man is from an area where I have family members. It disgusts me and I hate everything he has done. But it is outrageous and unproductive to blame the community around him for making him what he is. He is responsible alone for his despicable, criminal actions. This nonesense about ruling planets and "calling up" their wives is completely false and quite frankly merely sensational. I'm sorry you had so many misunderstandings during your time here. And for the record, "Mormons" do believe that all animals, being incapable of sin, do go to heaven. That does not in any way justify his actions, I was sick at the account of what he did to that poor dog.

This nauseating story needs following up, certainly. I have suffered kidney stones myself, and at the story of that poor little boy pleading for relief (even the relief of death) from the crippling pain that one experiences broke my heart. This man is unspeakably guilty, and there are no words damning enough for him. I hope, in the end, justice finds him rotting away in some prison where the inmates exact the same kind of behavior on him as he did on his children. And his current wife needs a really big reality check.  

Replied By: rnfromga44 on Jan 24, 2014, 1:48PM
I wish I had never watched this show either.  I'm disgusted and only wish ill will, death and harm to that man.

Dr. phil should never have brought him on his show.  That poor dog and those poor children.  What a loser.

Replied By: summerh8r on Jan 20, 2014, 8:05PM
This man is clearly abusive, and for his second wife to say "I would never keep my child from him" is delusional.  She sees what he did to the other kids, and how he is now, and she hasn't left yet?  She needs to go and he needs to be put in jail for animal and child abuse.  He should never get out!

Replied By: hazeld12 on Jan 20, 2014, 3:21AM - In reply to kathyincali
Because he is a monster himself!!

Replied By: bethcf on Jan 18, 2014, 12:27AM
I just can't get this out of my mind, and really hope that I don't, as I pray that God intervenes in this situation and that these poor children are kept from him permanently for the rest of his life.  Watched the show over again, and can't get over what this "thing" said in the beginning of the show, He has taken it, and taken it and taken it!!!!!!  I think that says it all about how much remorse he has, not enough in his little fingernail to save him.  And still very upset with Dr. Phil for how he handled it and what he thought was important to address, when that time could have been well spent on the psycho sitting there in front of him that has done things that are so much worse than the first wife, give me a break!!!!!  And to those who say that these wives are to blame, that is right, and they need to get help, they have allowed the abuse.  Women, you don't need that kind of a father for your children, good grief.  I would really like for Dr. Phil to address our concerns on here, because I can't take this show seriously again if this just gets swept under the rug.  Please, please address this issue.  We are all so heartbroken and concerned for these children, and ASPCA or Humane Society needs to be contacted about this also. I have sat and watched the doctor threaten people with CPS or Humane Society before, what about this??

Replied By: nyknicks on Jan 17, 2014, 10:54PM
anyone hear if this goof ball is in prison yet

Showing 1-10 of total 394 Comments