Twitter Facebook YouTube

2014 Shows

Ashley, 24, and Dean, 50, say most of their three-and-a-half-year relationship has been volatile, and as a result, they’ve both served time in jail for domestic assault. Ashley says Dean has bitten her on the arm, driven off with her on the hood of his car and even choked her while she was pregnant with their now 3-year-old daughter -- claims he denies. Dean says Ashley is often violent with him, and once hit him in the face with a glass, requiring 26 stitches. He also says she’s immature and goes out partying instead of being a mother to their child -- but Ashley says she only goes out occasionally. Hear from Dean’s 20-year-old daughter, Morgan, and ex-wife, Jody, who say Ashley is the problem. What’s at the root of the couple’s anger? Dr. Phil weighs in and offers help for them moving forward as a couple and individuals. Can Ashley and Dean stop the violence for the sake of their daughter? And, should they stay together? This program contains strong language. Viewer discretion advised. (OAD: 12-16-13)

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: mctm1221 on Oct 24, 2014, 4:13PM
This is an example of complete lack of respect for another human being . Women and Men  please run the other way when any one shows signs of controling you.  This is not an element of love in any sense

Replied By: mctm1221 on Oct 24, 2014, 4:05PM
Get rid of toxic elements in your life no one deserves on needs it.

Replied By: oceanentity on Aug 28, 2014, 9:58AM
I really think it is irelevant that his ex wife says he wasnt like this with her and blames the new partner .. hes abusive to his partner in his NOW. this story made me cringe and shake my head through the whole thing , im not a psycologist but their issues were veru obvious from word go. classic " text book " stuff right there .

there is NO chance for this relationship ..and for the childs sake ...best to just end it now.

Replied By: alwaysaskeptic on Aug 19, 2014, 6:11PM
I skimmed through this waste-of-time episode, pretty much bottom of the barrel.

Replied By: ck071282 on Aug 19, 2014, 8:32AM
I am so years older than my husband and we have been together 25 years, married 20.  It does work!!! Here's to another 20 :-)

Replied By: ck071282 on Aug 19, 2014, 8:19AM
There is a 20-year age difference between my husband and I. We have been married for 20 years and it works!!  The age difference does not come up in our daily lives. We share so many things in common including volunteering as paramedics with our local fire dept.  Here's to another 20 years!!

Replied By: kerryvanwert on Aug 18, 2014, 8:29PM
I feel like Dean took advantage of an unhealthy young adult Ashley. They both need help, seperate from one another!

Replied By: sadiegirl1987 on Aug 18, 2014, 5:37PM
I don't have anything against the age difference in a relationships.  However, I do feel Dean took advantage of a very young and vulnerable Ashley.   From her upbringing, or lack thereof, she did not enjoy her youth and is now acting out because of all she missed and he's trying to control her during this rebellious time. She was not ready to be in a relationship and certainly not ready to be a mother.   Many people with that age difference make it but the big difference is respect.  He does not respect her and she does not respect him.  They do not have the same values and are not working toward building a relationship or providing a secure and stable future for their daughter.   She wants to party and he wants to control her. They need to call a halt to the relationship and try to learn to co-parent that little girl.  Ashley is just much too immature and Dean is old enough to know better. 

Replied By: lv2beach on Aug 18, 2014, 5:31PM
If Ashley came from a solid, healthy background she would not be with Dean.  He preyed on a 19 year old girl, 5 months out of the foster care system.  Anyone with 1/2 a brain should know someone coming out of the foster care program will have issues.  He came from a place of power, as he was an established adult, with a stable job, home, etc.  She came into the relationship with no power.  She was unemployed and immediately relied on him for food, clothing, shelter, etc.  I think she needs mental health assistance, encouragement to obtain job training and perhaps parenting classes.  The sooner she can support herself the better.  Dean?  He needs to let her go, and play with kids his own age.

Replied By: newsscrib on Aug 18, 2014, 5:12PM
saw your show on older men married to young women.

1> My maternal grand father was 15 years older than his wife ( married 30 years )

2> My faternal grand father was 25 years older than his wife ( married 50 years )

3> I am 20 years older than my wife ( married 29 years this month )

PS  Boggie was 25 years older than Bacall !

Showing 1-10 of total 117 Comments