Twitter Facebook YouTube

2013 Shows

Ashley, 24, and Dean, 50, say most of their five-year relationship has been volatile, and as a result, they’ve both served time in jail for domestic assault. Ashley says Dean has bitten her on the arm, driven off with her on the hood of his car and even choked her while she was pregnant with their now 3-year-old daughter -- claims he denies. Dean says Ashley is often violent with him, and once hit him in the face with a glass, requiring 26 stitches. He also says she’s immature and goes out partying instead of being a mother to their child -- but Ashley says that she only goes out occasionally. Hear from Dean’s 20-year-old daughter, Morgan, and ex-wife, Jody, who say Ashley is the problem. What’s at the root of the couple’s anger? Dr. Phil weighs in and offers help for them moving forward as a couple and individuals. Can Ashley and Dean stop the violence -- for the sake of their daughter? And, should they stay together? This program contains strong language. Viewer discretion advised.

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: strine on Mar 4, 2014, 10:15PM
She obviously was after him for money and he was after her for something young and attractive (not my type of attractive) to show off to other men. He obviously felt great about himself knowing a younger woman was interested in him sexually - except she wasn't, she was after something else.

People calling him a perve are forgetting that she was after something too.

She had excuses for everything she did and used the fact she was pregnant at some stage to make herself look like more of a victim. WOmen like her are the reason courts do not believe real abuse victims. She seems to be starting it when he needs to go out. Maybe she feels like she has no life at home with a child, she should get one. Get out of the house and get yourself a job, get some hobbies, get healthy for your child before she grows up looking to other people for happiness because she didn't get any as a child. She doesn't deserve your crap. 

That man needs to stop feeding the troll because she is using his behaviour against him- call the police every time she touches you and don't touch her back, don't call her names, let her show what she is.

Replied By: deblynch2 on Dec 23, 2013, 12:25PM
i agree CREEPY I don't care what anyone else has done this is CREEPY

Replied By: cheryl12750 on Dec 18, 2013, 7:25PM
This is not agood reationship. They are both at fault. This girl should not be around the baby. In fact neither one should be around her. They both need to grow up. Any man that takes up with someone that many years younger than he is. Dean acts likes her father. Dr. Phil get that baby away from both of these people. She is nott safe. Asshley & Dean are the worst kid of people.

Please, please Dr. Phil get this baby away ffrom them. Please

Replied By: pinkhouse14895 on Dec 18, 2013, 1:28PM
I had many realtionships over time but they never seem to work out.

I was introduced by a firend to this male person, he was 20 years older than myself on top of

that he was of jewish faith. When we had first met things had been going what I believed to be

'GREAT'. He had respected me for me. I never got pregnant. Soon after that we became engaged,

I moved in with him June of 1979 we got married in the Lutheran Church.

I need to mention before I go futher- My parents we tollaty against this marriage from day one,

espically my mother. She always said not tomorrow but 10-15 years down that road things will change.

She was right in highsight and wished I had listend to her.

I received my parents blessing in June as my  late father walked me down the aisle.

Soon after we had been married things slowly drifted apart. - We had a daughter born to us in 1981.

In November of 1982 we lost our only child & daughter in a very bad and serious car accident.

Our marriage went downhill from there, we had no children until 1986 Robert came along, then

in 1988 we had Christopher & last but not least we gave brith to Richard.

To this day my husband has "never" nor will he ever come to terms with our daughter's passing.

I have since moved on with my live. We are stilll married to this day but that's kinda it. Married in

name only.

I don'y recommend anyone getting married to anyone that is older or involved for that matter!

I guess we have to sometimes learn the hard way. That is rather unfortunate.

Replied By: kaysquare on Dec 17, 2013, 6:03PM
I doubt this "couple" was ever in love.....they were in "lust" (he was anyway).  What a totally dysfunctional relationship that I can't see ever becoming anywhere close to normal.  How on earth can their beautiful little daughter survive having them as parents?

Replied By: coco63 on Dec 17, 2013, 4:58PM
No, it will be disstructive, and won't be good, she is hurting from the loss of her parents, trust me I know, but that is not the way to stop her pain, and him he was just thinking with his other head, and the poor child has to pay for both of them being so dum.!!!

Replied By: jensaun on Dec 17, 2013, 1:38PM
The show on the 26 year old age difference was phenomenal! It was Dr. Phil's exacting advice and direct (sometimes painful) examination of the issues with compassionate and effective treatment that brought tears to my eyes. Reminded me of seeing him for the first time on Oprah.  Bravo to Dr. Phil and Robin!

Replied By: cupid2011 on Dec 17, 2013, 1:19PM - In reply to lomiqu
This 18 year old girl was not ready to get married at 18 either.

Replied By: lomiqu on Dec 17, 2013, 12:00PM
yeah, this relationship has a great chance!

Replied By: adriana43528 on Dec 17, 2013, 11:03AM
Seriously audience, you laugh when Dr. Phil described the alleged physical violence this female did to the male?! Would you laugh about HIM doing the exact same things to HER or either one of them to their child?!

Physical actions taken against a partner with the specific intention of inflicting harm are serious matters. I don't understand how any of it is funny.

Plenty of males in our country suffer domestic violence at the hands of their wives. Age, gender should make NO difference when it involves one person causing physical harm to another.

To laugh at such things is truly sick.

Showing 1-10 of total 89 Comments