Twitter Facebook YouTube

2013 Shows

Megan, 24, says that her twin sister, Mandi’s, extreme competitiveness is destroying their relationship. Megan says that Mandi puts her down and brags that she is the “better” twin -- because she has more money, a cuter husband and a nicer house, among other things. Mandi admits that she likes feeling superior to her sister and chalks up her antagonism to normal sibling rivalry -- but does her behavior cross a line? Dr. Phil gets to the root of Mandi’s need to compete and compare. Is she open to making a change? Then, Paula says her 19-year-old identical triplets, Christina, Brianne and Ashley, have gone from best friends to biggest enemies because of their competitiveness, and she fears the sisters will be forever divided if something doesn’t change. Can they learn to stop the petty rivalry and come together as a family? Plus, Noel says that she’s struggled with depression for years, and it’s taking a toll on her marriage to her husband, Don. He says he wishes Noel would “snap out of it,” and admits that he’s threatened to file for divorce. Dr. Phil offers Noel help with her depression -- will she accept? And, can this marriage be saved?

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: mallowcakes on Apr 21, 2014, 10:03PM
Oh heavens! The first set of twins... that girl HAS to be mentally unstable.

Replied By: paulab12 on Mar 18, 2014, 10:07AM
You wrote just what I was thinking!! 

My 8 yo is more mature than that smug twin! 

My cat Socks (who is as thick as two short plank) is more mature that this repuslive brat

Replied By: irysheis on Dec 20, 2013, 8:34AM
No show you've done has given me more insight into a relationship than this show! I have (had) 8 siblings growing up. I am the fourth sibling.My sister who (who is the next oldest) and I have always had a close relationship but it always had that "I am so much better than you" feeling to it...me being the underdog for lack of a better word. Behind my back she would criticize me, lie, tear me down and if she knew I wanted something, she would run out to get it before i could save and afford it.  I NEVER saw our relationship like the first twins on your show until I watched the show!  I've always felt my sister did not feel very good about herself...always...so I've tried to be tolerant of her misgivings...I'm not perfect by ANY means but I could never understand her backstabbing and seriously competitive attitude towards me.  Thank you for the insight you have given me today.  i love my sisters all dearly...since the death of one of them and one of my brothers, some of us have realized all that pettiness is really a waste of time, it is stupid and senseless.  My sister and I are now 58 and 61 and FINALLY, are starting a truthful relationship (at least I hope we are).  It is too bad so many people waste so much time in their lives but I thank you for opening my eyes at this time.  Keep up the GREAT work & I'll keep watching.

Replied By: staroftexas on Dec 17, 2013, 4:00AM

Hope Dr.Phil will do a show regarding the potential cause for a sibling to behave like Mandi did on the show. I suspect the parents never attempted to tell her her behavior is unacceptable. I'm astonished at the lack of insight and how oblivious Mandi was at how hurtful and unhealthy she is toward her sister. Please inform us Dr.Phil. I can not wrap my brain around this. Also, you touched on how bothersome it was for the triplets to be so disloyal toward each other. Please do a show covering these topics.

Replied By: berdeniafaye on Dec 13, 2013, 8:16PM
I was in SHOCK as the audience was, watching this girl smile throughout the show, NOT having a clue!!! She was in so much denial & watching her you knew right away that she is a very sociaopathic woman. And she just did not get it.!!!! Even with the audience laughing at her, she was SO self serving that I seriously don't think she heard a word you said........and the scary part is she will be a mother & she votes....OMG!!!! And to think there are more out there scares the living crap out of me...Praise God one of them was normal.........

Replied By: carlan on Dec 12, 2013, 11:09AM - In reply to thingsshapeu
... "You couldn't get any stupider if we cut your head off!"
Some may consider that remark "unkind," but Mandi demonstrated such an extremely low level of insight that he may have thought that he needed to use extreme language in order to make some sort of contact with her.
Unfortunately, I don't think she ever did realize how utterly "clueless" she really is.
I guess empathy is one area in which she doesn't excel, and that's pretty important. Mandi needs serious help.

Replied By: carlan on Dec 12, 2013, 10:58AM - In reply to drroberts
I have to wonder if Mandi really truly believes that she's just fundamentally "better" than her sister.
I realize that she would insist that she "knows" she is, but why does she have to keep saying it, and saying it, and saying it, ad nauseum?
How on earth does being secure in your own "superiority" translate into constantly comparing yourself favorably to others, particularly to someone you profess to love?
That reeks of insecurity, to me. If you truly, deep down, believe that you're "all that, and a bag of chips," why not just relax and enjoy it, instead of constantly reminding yourself and everyone who'll listen how "wonderful" you are?
For someone who claims to believe so firmly in her own superiority, Mandi devotes an awful lot of time and energy to reassuring herself. Of course, it "feels good," because it's comforting. But why would a goddess-like creature need comforting?
I think Mandi is inwardly terrified.

Replied By: tjackson68 on Dec 12, 2013, 2:34AM
In a weird way, I feel sorry for you.  One day, your world will crash down around you, and you will be looking for someone to lean on.  Unfortunately, it won't be your sister, because you have done nothing but alienate her.

Think about what you are doing to her.  What if she died tomorrow, and you don't get a chance to make amends?  She would depart knowing she didn't have your unconditional love and support?  Can you live with that?

Replied By: tjackson68 on Dec 12, 2013, 2:21AM
I could say a lot of things about your attitude and actions.  But I won't.  Instead, I will ask you some questions.

Mandi, what would you do if your sister died tomorrow, and you didn't get a chance to make amends with her?

How would you feel knowing that she departed life without your unconditional love and blessing?

Think about that as if it was a real situation. 

Then, do the right thing now by getting over "holiness" and treat your sister as you would want to be treated if you were in her shoes.

Replied By: drroberts on Dec 11, 2013, 12:40AM
...or at least the smug twin needs one!

I would love to see an interview with the PARENTS and find out what they think about the horrible behavior from one of their girls! 

Karma has a way of knocking people like that off their pedestal. 

WHAT IF... not that I want this to happen, but just giving you a karmic warning... 

What if smug twin's hubby is SO embarrassed by this show and the behavior in general, that he leaves her? And all those things she brags about (nicer house, don't have to work, nicer yard, etc) all disappear?  Who will she hope she can rely on? The twin sister that she's been running into the ground for all these years. 

I'm sure smug twin is certain that none of this will ever happen to her, the 'better' sister, but like I said, karma has a way of putting people in their place. 

Showing 1-10 of total 158 Comments