Twitter Facebook YouTube

2014 Shows

Samantha says a few months after her husband, Adam, returned home from serving in Iraq, he lost his job and became filled with rage during their fights, even threatening to shoot both of them. One night, after an argument, she says he shot her in both legs with an AK-47 and left her bleeding for nearly an hour before turning himself in, allowing her to receive medical attention. After a month in the hospital, five surgeries and several skin grafts, Samantha shares her story with Dr. Phil. Adam is currently behind bars, awaiting trial on aggravated assault charges -- but Samantha says the charge should be attempted murder. And, hear from Adam’s sister, Diane, who says she believes her brother is suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder. What does Dr. Phil think? Then, Laurie says while divorcing her husband, Andre, in 2010, he did the unthinkable: He shot and killed their 4- and 5-year-old sons, then turned the gun on himself. Andre survived and is currently on death row. Laurie shares her heartbreaking story. How can she find peace after such a horrible tragedy? This episode contains graphic medical images. Viewer discretion advised. (OAD: 11-29-13)

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: sabella on Jul 8, 2014, 8:20PM
Did anyone notice that, of the two wives, Laurie did EXACTLY what Dr. Phil berated Samantha for NOT doing - yet lost her two precious boys in the process? Samantha may not have been the perfect wife,but abused wives are usually brainwashed to feel worthless - and too vulnerable to leave. Give her a break, Dr. Phil!

Replied By: zarath on Jul 4, 2014, 9:33PM

I don't think I have ever heard a person talk & show the courage she has. I don't know where she gets it. I am so happy that she has found love again & children even though they are step-children. I wish her all the luck & continued courage in the years to come. It would be nice to hear how she is doing in later years. In fact, Dr Phil I wish you would have several shows that will show us how these people you have on your show have either overcome their problem, or if they have not. That would be interesting.

Replied By: cabbey916 on Jul 4, 2014, 7:32PM
My local news channel cut in with breaking news for the entire episode!!!!!

Replied By: cola1106 on Jul 4, 2014, 6:45PM - In reply to suzannesrs
I totally agree

Replied By: cola1106 on Jul 4, 2014, 6:43PM
Im sorry I just dont feel sorry for her. I mean when are women going to wake up and stop putting a man before their children. If you want to endanger your life go ahead but dont sacrifice uour children's safety for some abusive man. She knew better.

Replied By: snsanty on Jul 4, 2014, 5:59PM
I am so sorry for both guests. The first lady should get her children back ASAP! CPS had no right to remove them once the husband is in custody since they are in NO danger anymore. Spoken from experience, CPS kicks NON ABUSIVE parents when they're down. It's a big financial racket who hates 2 parent families and thinks non traditional families work best. I hope both women get the help and healing they need!

Replied By: suzannesrs on Jul 4, 2014, 4:52PM
Did I hear her say she really thought he wanted to kill her??? The man was trained to use an AK47 - if he wanted someone dead they would be. Come on.

I agree she is having a hard time but I do really think this is one of those times we need to look at the other side of that pancake.

I am having a hard time finding sympathy for a woman who allows her children to remain in the terror of  living with a man who is using drugs, drinking, has PTSD and is threatening violence.

She didn't know there was a safety issue??? 

HUMMMM

Replied By: cdrens on Jul 4, 2014, 4:51PM
My biology teacher had what they called shell shock. He was a a WW 2 vet who had lived through El al Hanim  and the Battle of the Bulge. He was s a tank soldier. This was a really noble man and truely nice. Yet if some Morin would deliberately drop thier books on the floor he would drop and hide.   This was before PTSD . Yet he managed.to live without killing a soul. In fact he embraced life. So what has changed? Why are these men suffering so?  Is there no help ? Why ? It seems that therenis a disconnect between they troops and the rest of the population. If a nation.goes to war does that not mean the WHOLE NATION goes to war. And then deals  honourably with the fall out,?

Replied By: miriah62 on Jul 4, 2014, 4:25PM
This type of problem is rampant among Military families with combat duty and PTSD symptoms.  The vet can't get appropriate help for their condition and the family members are torn with the guilt of not being able to help them.  Substance abuse comes into play as a coping mechanism.  The community needs to intervene in helping the families and the medical needs of the vets need stronger and more active attention before it reaches this stage.  These women don't leave because of the guilt and the lack of financial resources.  We have to be part of the solution.

Replied By: cdrens on Jul 4, 2014, 3:49PM
You are amazing. So sorry for your loss but oh lady you are a strong classic amazing woma.

Showing 1-10 of total 37 Comments