Twitter Facebook YouTube

2014 Shows

On the night of July 7, 2013, Anna Benson, former star of the reality TV show Baseball Wives and known as “baseball’s hottest and most-infamous wife,” showed up at the home of her estranged husband, former New York Mets pitcher Kris Benson, armed with an expandable baton, a gun, a knife and a hatchet -- and wearing a bulletproof vest and an ammo belt. According to police reports, Kris said Anna -- with whom he was going through a contentious divorce -- pulled a gun on him, smashed his computer and demanded he give her $30,000. In a Dr. Phil exclusive, Anna speaks out for the first time about that night. How does she explain her actions? Anna, who pleaded guilty to aggravated assault and a firearm charge, is adamant that she never planned to hurt Kris -- so why does she say she was she so heavily armed? Then, Dr. Phil confronts Anna about her troubled past. How does she explain a previous murder charge and reported drug use? Plus, what does the future hold for Anna? (OAD: 11-27-13)

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: loyalalways on Aug 17, 2014, 8:40AM - In reply to lindah1524
Exactly!! Some people here automatiically assume that he's innocent of everything. I'm not saying he's evil because I don't know him. However, he DID have a part in this problem. When there's a problem in a marriage, NEVER is it only one person's fault. Dr. Phil has had a few ex-wives of sports figures on his show who claimed almost the exact same thing as Anna. Criticizing someone who is obviously mentally ill is VERY unfair. The same thing could happen to anyone one day and, if it happens to them, these critics will see how it feels to be criticized for something in which you have no control. I agree that she shouldh't have gone to his house with all those weapons. That wasn't very smart. However, her mind is NOT working rationally due to her mental health issues. She  needs HELP, not criticizm.

Replied By: loyalalways on Aug 17, 2014, 8:18AM - In reply to ohgrowup
You don't know her, either. For  you to criticize someone when you know nothing about them is judgmentgal, IMO. That's the problem with people today, they look for the negatgive in others instead of the positive or find out WHY the person is doing strange things. She has a lot of problems. How does criticizing someone help them??? Do you criticize all of your friends and family  members who are sick? You're the one who needs to get a grip. Have some compasson for someone who's obviously hurting very deeply.

Replied By: loyalalways on Aug 17, 2014, 8:00AM - In reply to raycid74
No, she doesn't. You don't put people with mental health issues in prison. She's where she belongs right now - in a facility to HELP HER with her mental health issues.

Replied By: upsydasy on Aug 16, 2014, 9:47AM - In reply to alwaysaskeptic
It perpetuates the Cinderella myth that implies a handsome prince will swoop down from his castle and save a lucky and entitled few from having to engage in life in the same way the rest of the populace does.   But if the marriage fails, this prince still owes them a living in whatever way they see fit, because he has the funds to provide for whatever lamebrain scheme they can come up with, such as designer SWAT gear.  (I mean what’s next?  Bedazzled AK47’s?)  The ex-husband is treated as a sort of bottomless pit of easy cash or a hemorrhaging ATM machine. These women, along with their rose-seeing admirers and defenders here, really need a course in finance 101.  Unfortunately, since they never had a lot of money of their own they have no concept of what it truly means.  For instance a cash advance of $30,000 would actually cost double to withdraw in my neck of the woods, not to mention a fee going to whatever financial institution is holding the funds for liquidating the assets. An advance by its very definition means that she is asking for a loan and consequently not entitled to that money yet (I don’t know if I said that already, but it bears repeating).  It also proves that she has failed to budget what she had already received.  No bank in their right mind would lend money to a customer who consistantly fails to show their ability to manage it and pay it back.  I don’t know about you, but I could blow 30,000 bucks in a matter of days if I had it and I suspect that’s what this silly and disturbed woman intended to do knowing full well that she could always come back for more.  I’m sure her ex knew it too.  He was lucky to get out of that house alive and uninjured because there’s no doubt in my mind that she was out for blood that day if he didn’t give into her demands and not just her so-called pretend mail.

Replied By: alwaysaskeptic on Aug 15, 2014, 8:27PM - In reply to cupid2011
He had her sign a pre-nup for the same reasons others do, to protect the assets they have. Why should marriage (and then divorce) be a lottery windfall for a former spouse?

Replied By: alwaysaskeptic on Aug 15, 2014, 8:04PM - In reply to upsydasy
A voice in the wilderness! uspydasy, thanks for another of your rational, intelligent posts. It's such a relief to hear something different than all the bleating that poor Anna was nothing but a victim while her ex was nothing but a manipulative monster. I agree that this armed assault wasn't the very first violent behaviour on her part. I don't know why there is this pack of female posters who invent all sorts of history and "her ex most likely did blah- blah" in order to bolster their viewpoint that men are always abusive monsters while the women are blameless, angelic Polly Purehearts. This kind of misguided self righteous hatred of men isn't healthy for either gender.

Replied By: alwaysaskeptic on Aug 15, 2014, 7:48PM - In reply to cupid2011
Come on, it's only baseball! Haven't you ever seen a bench-clearing "brawl" during a baseball game? I've seen tougher fights on Dance Moms!

Replied By: alwaysaskeptic on Aug 15, 2014, 7:41PM - In reply to cupid2011
When an angry ex of mine breaks into my house with an arsenal of weapons and a bulletproof vest, starts smashing up the joint and intends to rob me of substantial cash, I'll be thinking she intends me harm, not wondering if she is fascinated by lethal weapons.

Replied By: alwaysaskeptic on Aug 15, 2014, 7:37PM - In reply to cupid2011
I replied to this post before I finished reading it, due to being gobsmacked at the notion that the poster thought armed robbery was a reasonable thing for Anna to do. Then I read the remainder of the post, which states that the economy will flourish if women like Anna are allowed to spend money but will falter because of stingy, rich men who don't hand over cash to their gun-wielding exes. I'm speechless, but can still type.

Replied By: alwaysaskeptic on Aug 15, 2014, 7:26PM - In reply to cupid2011
You see nothing wrong with her breaking into his home armed to the teeth and attempting to extort money from him? This type of frontier justice is fine by you?

Showing 1-10 of total 194 Comments