Twitter Facebook YouTube

2013 Shows

On the night of July 7, 2013, Anna Benson, former star of the reality TV show Baseball Wives and known as “baseball’s hottest and most-infamous wife,” showed up at her estranged husband, former New York Mets’ pitcher Kris Benson’s, house, armed with an expandable baton, a gun, a knife and a hatchet -- and wearing a bullet proof vest and an ammo belt. According to police reports, Kris said that Anna, with whom he was going through a contentious divorce, pulled a gun on him, smashed his computer and demanded he give her $30,000. In a Dr. Phil exclusive, Anna speaks out for the first time about that night. How does she explain her actions? Anna was arrested and later pleaded guilty to aggravated assault and possession of a firearm during commission of a felony. Anna is adamant that she never planned to hurt Kris -- so why does she say she was she so heavily armed? Then, Dr. Phil confronts Anna about her troubled past. How does she explain a previous murder charge and reported drug use? And, one of Anna’s daughters says her mother was diagnosed as bipolar 11 years ago. Does Anna believe she has a mental illness? Plus, what does the future hold for Anna?

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: nzder110 on Apr 16, 2014, 11:44PM
The image I can't get out of my head is her when she is much younger being arrested for her alleged involvement in a murder, and she is grinning and chewing gum.  the charges were dropped due to a lack of evidence I think.  But I found that pretty disturbing.

Replied By: venator on Feb 2, 2014, 4:42AM
All fake tears and a gold digger as well.

Replied By: venator on Feb 2, 2014, 4:39AM - In reply to cupid2011
Women as well.

Replied By: cupid2011 on Dec 6, 2013, 11:13AM - In reply to wineglass
A symptom of her mental illness is being delusional, which is not her ego.

Replied By: wineglass on Dec 5, 2013, 8:18PM
I feel so sad for this woman. Her mental health issues and ego have lead her to believe that she is very intelligent and more famous than Marilyn Munroe. Seriously, I had not even heard of her until I watched your show. Her acting skills are terrible. Every time she showed emotion it was like a light switch turned on and then a second later her fake tears were gone and she pretended to be some bad ass. She really needs help. you are a good man to be so patient and see through her facade and help to get her straightened out.

Replied By: kackie68 on Dec 5, 2013, 1:14PM
I honestly thought when I saw the previews that this girl was out of her mind! With that said, I quickly changed my mind after seeing the interview and hearing how he "manipulated" the taped conversation and DID NOT sound at ALL scared on the 911 call! I actually believe her and even surprised myself with that decision! I have been in abusive, serious stalker situations where I was almost killled, and I KNOW how these men can and DO manipulate the law, the other person, etc. and make it like they are innocent and the victim is crazy! Especially, one, like him, who has money and lots of it! He saw a perfect situation to set her up and took full advatage to do so! Was she at some fault to let herself get into that situation? YES, BAD judgement on her part, but that is all! She should NEVER have brought the bag in the house with all the weapons in it, knowing how he was, but afterall, if YOU don't think like that yourself, its very hard to foresee someone doing something like that if you don't have it in you yourself! call it naive but that is the truth! maybe she could have used some skills from Lifecode before hand and she wouldnt have fallen into his trap but I fully understand how fame, money and HIS manipulation could make her look like the one who is "out of reality and paranoid or delusional" etc. and its real easy to hide things when you are the one who is actually up to the trouble! just because they cannot "find" the evidence to back up what she is saying doesn't mean it didn't happen!!!! again, I have been in a similar situation and it almost got me killed!!! it is VERY realistic for someone to do, and just because you can't see what may be right in front of you, doesn't mean it isn't there! You cannot "see" God, but that doesn't mean for US who believe, that HE isn't there does it???? just sayin'.....................

Replied By: cupid2011 on Dec 2, 2013, 8:45AM
Mentally ill people like Anna suffer from severe paranoia.  She thinks people are out to kill her, which could explain why she is obsessed with weapons and bullet proof vests.   She is paranoid and delusional.  

SHE HAS A MENTAL DESEASE. 

AGAIN WOULD YOU BLAME A DRIVER OF CAUSING AN ACCIDENT  AS A RESULT OF SUFFERING A HEART ATTACK WHILE DRIVING?

UNFORTUNATELY, WHEN IT COMES TO MENTAL ILLNESS, WE ARE LIVING IN THE MIDDLE AGES. IT IS NOT RESPECTED AND PEOPLE REDICULE AND YELL AND CALLED MENTALLY ILL PEOPLE ALL SORTS OF TERRIBLE NAMES.   

A LOT MORE RESEARCH NEEDS TO BE DONE ON MENTAL DESEASE AND THE LAWS NEED TO BE CHANGED IN SEVERAL WAYS. 

WE SHOULD BE ABLE TO CALL THE POLICE WHEN WE NEED ASSISTANCE IN GETTING A FAMILY MEMBER TO THE MENTAL HOSPITAL WHEN THEY ARE DIFFICULT TO MANAGE BECAUSE THEY DON'T TAKE THEIR MEDICATIONS.  IN MATTERS OF LIFE AND DEATH MENTALLY ILL PEOPLE CAN LEGALLY BE FORCED TO BE ADMITTED TO MENTAL HOSPITALS.

IN ANN'S CASE, HER HUSBAND AGREED TO BE RESPONSIBLE FOR HER AND TO TAKE CARE OF HER IF SHE EVER BECAME ILL.   THAT IS THE PURPOSE OF MARRIAGE VOWS.   

Replied By: cupid2011 on Dec 2, 2013, 1:45AM - In reply to realworld2
Or she had to force herself to stay as calm as possible or Dr. Phil would have no choice but to stop taping. She may have also been under prescription medication in order to do the interview with Dr. Phil. 

It was obvious to me that her voice cracked as she tried to hold back the tears. 

AGAIN, ANNA HAS A LIGITIMATE PSYCHOLOGICAL DIAGNOSIS that  more than likely makes her emotional to the point of crying.  She cannot fake her tears. 

Replied By: cupid2011 on Dec 2, 2013, 1:38AM - In reply to realworld2
She has a history of mental illness and, she is  under court ordered medical care under the care of a psychiatrist.   

If anyone is to blame is her husband for not getting her the help she needed.    Family is responsible to help when someone is sick especially from a mental illness.  Her husband could have hired a nurse or a body guard to make sure she takes her medications and to make sure she gets to her doctor appointments.   Her husband has so much money and he doesn't know how to put it to good use. 

It is obvious from the horrible comments so many people make on the Dr. Phil  community boards that most people don't know how to help mentally ill people other than to scream and insult them and call them all sorts of ugly names. Her husband has more than likely screamed and called her all sorts of ugly names like the posters who come here to yell at mentally unstable people.   

The worse thing you can do to a mentally unstable person is to yell at them.  They are already paranoid and by screaming at them you just make them more paranoid. 

When are we going to become civilized enough to respect mentally ill people and start treating them with dignity and respect and help them get the help they desperately need instead of holding them accountable for their behaviour? 

OUR ONLY WAY OF SOLVING PROBLEMS IS BY BLAMING, PUNISHING AND SCREAMING AT THEM.

I find it extremely bothersome coming to the Dr. Phil Boards and see how people treat mentally ill people.   I ABSOLUTELY DO NOT UNDERSTAND HOW THE MODERATORS CAN DO THEIR JOBS WITH SO MUCH ANGER AND HATE VIBES THROWN ON THE DR. PHIL BOARDS ESPECIALLY DIRECTED AT SEVERELY MENTALLY ILL PEOPLE.   I ABSOLUTELY WOULD NOT WANT TO DO THEIR JOB FOR ANY AMOUNT OF MONEY. 

Replied By: cupid2011 on Dec 2, 2013, 12:52AM
I don't believe she showed up to kill her husband.  

I see nothing wrong with her asking him for money.  I think he should give her some.   

I realize some people think she is the kind of woman who never has enough money because she spend it all and she never has enough.  But then on the other hand, some wealthy men are so stingy that they keep their money in storage.  I think Anna should have some and spend it.  Money is to be spent to keep it curculating and keep the economy going. 

I think our recent years with bad economy was also made worse by wealthy people storing their money and keeping it out of circulation.

WHERE ELSE DID THE MONEY GO WHEN THE ECONOMY IS IN SUCH BAD STATES?   WHO HAS ALL THE MONEY WHEN NO ONE ELSE HAS ANY?

I SAY WOMEN LIKE ANNA SHOULD  HELP SPREAD THE MONEY AROUND AND HELP THE ECONOMY.  

It is greedy, stingy men like her ex that hurt the economy.

Showing 1-10 of total 151 Comments