Twitter Facebook YouTube

2014 Shows

(Original Air Date: 11/21/13) Judy says that last year, her husband, Danny, suffered a mid-life crisis that destroyed their 30-year-long “picture perfect” marriage. She says that Danny cheated on her, moved out, filed for divorce -- and left her a note telling her to move on with her life. Ten months later, she says she finally did -- with a new man, Lawrence, who Judy confides made her “weak in the knees” the first time they met. But now, Danny’s back and says he made a huge mistake -- and he’s willing to do anything to win Judy back and fix their relationship. Judy says she’s torn between her husband and her new boyfriend -- and she wants Dr. Phil to help her make a decision. Can Judy and Danny’s marriage be saved -- or is it time to move on? You may be surprised by what Dr. Phil thinks!

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: nzder110 on Apr 13, 2014, 11:53PM
I actually really liked this couple, and her new boyfriend sounded really nice two.  Two of the most sane people I think Dr Phil has had on his show.  I think that their marriage does stand a chance of fixing.  The one comment I didn't like is that the daughter wouldn't accept the new boyfriend, if she chose to stay with him, and I thought that was extremely selfish.  If she does end up choosing her new boyfriend, then I hope that her family can accept it.

Replied By: sandy730 on Feb 27, 2014, 9:06PM
Loved Judy, could see in Danny's eyes he loves her too.... I would NEVER forgive my husband if he had an affair... But... I sort of liked Danny.  Whatever the outcome I hope Judy is happy, healthy and at peace with her decision... Whether it is Danny or Lawrence.   one more thing, how dare her daughter not accept her if there were another man in her life...  Danny was the one who had the FIRST affair!

Replied By: aussiechilli on Jan 30, 2014, 10:52PM - In reply to jlangel
don't like him worth a damn,think he is a major ferret,

but she is a character and easy to like, she was a great guest on his show.  

Replied By: jennef on Jan 17, 2014, 12:23AM - In reply to billrm
Did HE think of his 30 year old marriage when he was unfaithful to Judy?

NO.

So why should she not move on ?

She said herself that she now had a marriage certificate but no marriage.

Replied By: jennef on Jan 17, 2014, 12:02AM - In reply to johnr72hd
How can you write all that for everyone to read & not realize how  spineless & self-centred you appear ?

What was wrong with those wives to put up with your lack of character for so long?

And as for fathering all those children.......Hope you had money.....They must have lost out,too.

Replied By: jennef on Jan 16, 2014, 11:50PM - In reply to haupth
Yes,I agree! Dan should be out of the house,fast.

This is too easy for him!  She should see him at the therapist's only.

Is Lawrence going to stick around while Dan's living in the house with her  - "in a different bedroom" ???!!!

I don't think so!

And has he stopped seeing the other woman? (Women?)

I must be cynical : I don't believe their marriage could have been as great as she said,that she couldn't get enough of him ! Something not quite truthful here .

Yes,I can see that Lawrence is risky  - but he's most certainly an attractive man, whereas Dan is not.

I don't know what she sees in him,in fact .

Replied By: narcology on Jan 7, 2014, 5:14AM
I went through the exact same thing. DOWN TO BUCKLING KNEES  EXACT!  I chose the other man and it practically ruined my life.  It practically killed me.  I can see you love your husband still.  I'm not accusing Lawrence of being a bad guy Idk him but the guy I left for was exactly as you described. ... perfect charming etc.... until one day the mask came off and he turned into a monster.  If you want any more info you cam seems me a message on my Facebook page narc-ology. It is about narcissists and how they sweep into your life when you vulnerable.  I'm totally not trying to promote my page this is the first time I have ever commented and I hate going through the whole registration thing but I just felt so compelled to write to you.  Ik its hard but you and your husband have something special. It's not worth the risk.

Replied By: kamkms on Jan 4, 2014, 12:08PM
Judy mentioned not being able to stop the visions of her husband and the other woman. Any suggestions on how to stop these visions. I can't stop thinking of my husband and my friend who I just learned had a 3 year affair. Same as this man, he wants to stay and realizes how much a mistake it was and how much he loves me. We are trying to make it work but I can't get these terrible visions out of my head. I know this is a strange question, but is there any neurological tricks one can do to avoid these visions. I know the obvious is to think of good thoughts but that doesn't seem to work. Any suggestions?

Replied By: connienchip on Jan 3, 2014, 3:49PM
Dr. Phil...

This has been one of the best shows that I watched. Both Danny & Judy were respectful while on your show, they did not bad-mouth nor verbally attack one another, Judy spoke very factual and with great intelligence. It was very refreshing to watch and listen to.

I do not believe there is such a thing as "mid-life crisis" that suddenly whirls around like a tornado, upsets a relationship (no matter how many years). Instead, the so-called "mid-life crisis" is a facade, blaintently an excuse for a person's actions and choice of behavior.

Please do a follow-up on this couple.  And selfishly speaking, since I work, I'd love to be informed as to when the follow-up will take place. I will be sure to follow-up myself and check your website for it.  

Thank you for chosing and airing this story.  Judy, I thank you for chosing to contact Dr. Phil and for agreeing to go on the air and share it with the world. Danny, it is sad to hear / know that you hinted about having a lil bit of religion. That said, you know and realize what God has to say about looking at another woman with lust in your heart. Not only did you "look", you acted upon it!  The responsibility of breaking the marriage vows falls upon you, Danny. 

Judy, be well and follow your heart.

Replied By: deblynch2 on Jan 3, 2014, 1:07PM
once the trust of marriage is broken by having relations with others, the marriage is corrupted. they both had an affair, their marriage can never be the same no matter how hard they try.they are both whacky in my opinion

Showing 1-10 of total 173 Comments