2014 Shows

The family of 19-year-old Jake Limberios continues to search for answers surrounding his death in March 2012. Who fired the gunshot that ended his life? Brittany and Will, who witnessed the shooting, say Jake, a gun enthusiast, accidentally shot himself in the head. Although the coroner ruled his death a suicide, Jake’s parents, Mike and Shannon, say their son, a young father, never would’ve taken his own life. Left with so many unanswered questions, Jake’s parents had his body exhumed and autopsied by renowned forensic pathologist Dr. Cyril Wecht, who concluded that Jake’s cause of death wasn’t suicide. Dr. Phil speaks with Dr. Wecht via satellite -- hear why he says Jake couldn’t have shot himself. Plus, Brittany and Will say they sympathize with Jake’s parents but are tired of being under suspicion and agree to take polygraph tests to prove they’re not hiding any details about Jake’s death. What will the results reveal? And, Mike and Shannon say their marriage has grown strained since their son’s death -- can they learn to come together and find peace after such a painful loss? (OAD: 11-15-13)

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: alwaysaskeptic on Jun 11, 2014, 5:34PM
Brittany's many reiterations of "I'm not lying!" sound almost exactly like Lynne, the teenaged guest from some weeks ago who repeatedly screamed the same thing, "I'm not lying!" when accusing her step-dad of multiple rapes. But of course it was proven that Lynne was lying her face off. Is poor-little-me Brittany cut from the same cloth?

Replied By: alwaysaskeptic on Jun 11, 2014, 5:28PM - In reply to rimi2013
Was it not Evan who placed the 911 call?

Replied By: rimi2013 on Jun 11, 2014, 4:14PM
From the moment I heard the 911 call recording I thought that this was a horrible accident, possibly by Brittany.  My thoughts are this:

We know the boyfriend, Will, called into 911 and you can hear him consoling Brittany, telling her to calm down. He was gentle with her in regards to his tone.  I would think that if he accidentally shot Jacob, then he would have most likely been more horrified, and maybe the tables would have been turned, and Brittany would have been consoling him, with her making the call to 911.  

I wonder if one of the scenarios of the father could be correct. I will add my thoughts: 

If Brittany was sitting on the couch holding the gun, and Jacob walked toward her, while stating, "be careful, the gun is still loaded with one bullet",  he could have turned away for a moment to dodge looking down the barrel of the gun in a protective mode, while standing above her.   When  the gun went off ( I would believe by accident), I could understand why the gun would shoot upward, on the side of his head, and toward up to the ceiling.  Also, this may explain why there was so much blood on her shoes.  Jacob may have been directly in front of her, near her feet, when he collapsed.   The detectives told her that she did not want those back because of that reason.  So, I wonder if the gun powder residue was all over Brittany?  I wonder if that was stated in the police reports. 

Those are my viewpoints on this tragedy.

I think its horrible for everyone involved.  I hope since the first airing back in November 2013, that things have gotten better for everyone. 

Replied By: deblynch2 on Jun 11, 2014, 2:18PM
i think what happened is they were all fooling around with the gun and one of them shot Jacob. I don't think he shot himself. i believe it was an accident but one of them shot him. that's why the girl said but i am still alive, meaning why ruin her life over an accident when jacob is dead.

Replied By: alwaysaskeptic on Jun 11, 2014, 12:52PM - In reply to lelaag
From watching these shows last fall and doing a lot of reading online (the family's websites and news stories) I believe it was mentioned somewhere where Jake's phone was located. I hope most of that material is still available online. If Jake "shot himself" right after he hung up his phone call to his friend, then Evan called 911, I've always wanted to know the time lag between Jake's call ending and Evan's call being placed. Lots of mysteries to this case.

Replied By: alwaysaskeptic on Jun 11, 2014, 12:41PM - In reply to skyemail
Evan chose not to be on the show. Appearing on Dr. Phil is not a legal obligation! You can probably research anything he may have said in previous statements. I believe there used to be a site where they had interviews with all three plus a copy of the entire 911 call. There were many stories online from when the accident happened through the initial broadcast of these 2 episodes last fall.

The entire truth has not been revealed and it looks now like it never will be.

Replied By: albertev on Jun 11, 2014, 10:55AM - In reply to sweetiepie75
I generally watch Phil. But I think he is getting too big for his britches. This show should have never been put on the media. The parents will never agree to anything except he did not kill himself. Phil consistantly almost abused th rights of these kids....by the way where was the third one?....it sounded like Phil was trying to entrap them by telling them half truths.   I was surprised that the Dr put the pressure on them in order to convince the parents of...what I don't know. In the end the parents will always be drenched in guilt about the gun and probably will sonn seperate . And the kids lives will be ruined based on  a phony polygraph test and 'science' that is always rite..Phil.  Except science cannot tell if the firing mechanism is faulty in a handgun.....I wish the kids a better life than they will hagve...and hope that the parents get some counselling before they end their relationship.. you could see it in Fathers eyes.....he is trapped between a wife who will never forget that he kept guns in the house as a cause..and himself trying to deal with a lost son.....sad....

Replied By: naturemum on Jun 11, 2014, 10:04AM
Brittney has no concern for anyone other than herself in this. Selfish baby and deceptive on a proper polygraph test.  They've convinced themselves of the way it happened and as far as blaming Jacob, grow up - this didn't happen to inconvenience you!! Also, where's the 3rd witness? Maybe they're covering for him.

Replied By: cephar on Jun 11, 2014, 9:54AM
I believe what happened did not end the way any of them thought it would.  But I do think these kids are hiding something.  The girl ( Britany?)  especially does not appear truthful.  What happened was probably an accident but what they say happened does not make sense. They get very defensive when questioned & being a girl does not make a difference. Nobody has accused these kids of killing Jacob. I think they both know more, as well as the boy that did not come on

Replied By: skyemail on Jun 11, 2014, 9:04AM
Both shows skip over the fourth person who was at the house when the teen was killed.  Evan was mentioned only once, but nothing was said about him taking a polygraph test or not. 

when the shooting scenario was described by each if the witnesses, it seems they heard the gun shot and saw the teen drop to the floor but were nit actually looking at him before he was killed.  How can they say he shot himself if they did not see him holding the gun?

it may have helped the parents to discuss these events, but I doubt that anything was learned that was not known prior to the show.  The parents were told not to feel guilty tyat they had allowed their son to have access to a gun.  In the end, they still have to live with the fact that their son was foolish enough to take a gun to a party and play with it like a toy!  That is hard to accept but one must deal with the fact that an adult made a mistake that allowed this tragic accident to occur.

Showing 21-30 of total 781 Comments