2014 Shows

The family of 19-year-old Jake Limberios continues to search for answers surrounding his death in March 2012. Who fired the gunshot that ended his life? Brittany and Will, who witnessed the shooting, say Jake, a gun enthusiast, accidentally shot himself in the head. Although the coroner ruled his death a suicide, Jake’s parents, Mike and Shannon, say their son, a young father, never would’ve taken his own life. Left with so many unanswered questions, Jake’s parents had his body exhumed and autopsied by renowned forensic pathologist Dr. Cyril Wecht, who concluded that Jake’s cause of death wasn’t suicide. Dr. Phil speaks with Dr. Wecht via satellite -- hear why he says Jake couldn’t have shot himself. Plus, Brittany and Will say they sympathize with Jake’s parents but are tired of being under suspicion and agree to take polygraph tests to prove they’re not hiding any details about Jake’s death. What will the results reveal? And, Mike and Shannon say their marriage has grown strained since their son’s death -- can they learn to come together and find peace after such a painful loss? (OAD: 11-15-13)

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: kickass122795 on Jun 12, 2014, 4:04AM
unbelieavable just to start off with the part that jacob was sitting right in front of the three teens and not one of them see how he shot himself lol , then the girl says she saw but didnt remember ,outragous they should both be prosocuted ,a proper investigastion should have been conducted poor jacob SHAME on those 3 other lieing teens.

Replied By: augustbabe on Jun 12, 2014, 2:53AM
It's obvious that these kids are covering up the truth.  Why not bring back the two male mediums Dr. Phil had on a few weeks ago to help these parents out?  I'm skeptical, but apparently the mediums were pretty credible to those on the show that day.  I mean why not use any means possible to chip away at the lies and uncover the truth?  Unless, Dr. Phil knows better.  It is all for T.V. anyway! Right??

Replied By: parchit29 on Jun 11, 2014, 11:19PM
The kids took polygraph tests several times. Now almost 2 years later they're taking it again. These tests are not always conclusive. As for not remembering, it's possible when in shock. I actually don't remember the weeks following my mother's death. I remember my pastor coming over and consoling me but after that, my mind is blank. I don't remember how I got to the funeral in another city. For all I know I could have walked there naked. I have absolutely no memory. So back off everyone. It's so typical to judge when you don't know all the facts. Parents will believe what they want no matter what. How many parents still believe their kids couldn't do something awful even after they're put in jail? The police didn't investigate properly. It wasn't suicide but a tragic mistake. These parents need to just accept the fact that their son is gone, it wasn't suicide, and try to live life.

Replied By: alex18cody16 on Jun 11, 2014, 10:09PM - In reply to stephanie1121
I agree with you 100%.  I have seen this episode twice.  During the initial interviews before the first show, both of them had smiles on their faces.  To me, that meant nervousness.  It is so obviously that he is covering for her.  These parents never once, unlike any other Dr. Phil show, say quietly and listened.  They are heartbroken and just want answers.  Never once did they interrupt or shout out anything.  I hope they find peace with the death of their son.  My heart breaks because I have a 19 and 21 year old and couldn't even begin to imagine what they are going through.

Replied By: alwaysaskeptic on Jun 11, 2014, 9:35PM - In reply to elt1222
For the most part, the age of majority in the United States is 18. This is when children become adults and are legally responsible for themselves. The drinking age may be 21, and there are other examples, but that does not mean that parents are legally responsible for their children until they reach the age of 21.

Replied By: elt1222 on Jun 11, 2014, 7:26PM
The question that never seemed to get asked, like the elephant in the room that is never mentioned, is WHY DID A 19-YEAR-OLD TAKE A GUN TO A PARTY?????  Why did he have a gun?  Parents are legally responsible for their children until they are 21, and I would have never allowed my boys to have a gun at age 19 for any reason.  I've lived most of my life in two states that have lots of hunting, NY and PA, and I know of many accidents that have occured.  People accidently shoot themselves or someone else every year.  My grandfather, who had a dairy farm, even had cows shot accidentally by hunters.  My parents both hunted, but they were extremely aware of the dangers that go along with guns.  In our house bullets were locked away, and we never knew where they were or where the key was.  Guns kill, and young people should not be carrying them around!

Replied By: dsgreen23 on Jun 11, 2014, 7:04PM
I don't think it's fair to have two teenagers take polygraph tests and to interpret the results of those tests without disclosing that polygraph tests are not always accurate or reliable. There are many reasons, other than deceptiveness, that someone may fail a polygraph, but Dr. Phil doesn't tell the teenagers or the audience this fact.

Dr. Phil said that he strongly believes in "science" on this episode. But he doesn't talk about scientific research about polygraph tests, which indicates that they are fallible. According to the American Psychological Associaton, "Courts, including the United States Supreme Court, have repeatedly rejected the use of polygraph evidence because of its inherent unreliability."

Replied By: rimi2013 on Jun 11, 2014, 6:20PM - In reply to alwaysaskeptic
Oooh, I hope I did not get this incorrect.  Someone correct me if I am wrong.  But even if I do have that incorrect, the person calling is a lot more calm than Brittany.  It sounds like to me, he must have called 911 right away due to how frantic sounding she was in the background.

Replied By: rimi2013 on Jun 11, 2014, 6:18PM - In reply to alwaysaskeptic
Maybe she is in denial and went into shock and really just cannot remember. I know it has been awhile, but sometimes the mind has a way of protecting one's self during a traumatic experience.   Just an idea of what may have happened.  I really just do not want to believe the kids would take a lie this far.  I am sure lie, or no lie, they are being punished by this on a daily basis.  And now again, after re-airing for a second time and I actually saw it air again this morning on another cable channel.   Not good for any of them.

Replied By: stephanie1121 on Jun 11, 2014, 6:11PM
I saw this show when it first aired last year and I was gutted. After seeing it for the second time, I can hold my tongue no more.
Watching Brittany smile and smirk sitting across from the devasted parents of Jacob appalls me. The agony on Mike and Shannon's faces was palpable as I sat in my living room a thousand miles away. Then Brittany has the audasity to raise her eyes to the heavens and shouts " why are you doing this to me Jacob"! She is a despicable human being and in my opinion ranks right up there with Casey Anthony. Karma is an interesting phenomenon and one I hope she finds out about soon.

Showing 11-20 of total 781 Comments