Twitter Facebook YouTube

2013 Shows

The family of 19-year-old Jake Limberios continues to search for answers surrounding his death in March 2012. Who fired the gunshot that ended his life? Brittany and Will, who witnessed the shooting, say Jake, a gun enthusiast, accidentally shot himself in the head. Although the coroner ruled his death a suicide, Jake’s parents, Mike and Shannon, say their son, a young father, never would’ve taken his own life. Left with so many unanswered questions, Jake’s parents had his body exhumed and autopsied by renowned forensic pathologist Dr. Cyril Wecht, who concluded that Jake’s cause of death wasn’t suicide. Dr. Phil speaks with Dr. Wecht via satellite -- hear why he says Jake couldn’t have shot himself. Plus, Brittany and Will say they sympathize with Jake’s parents but are tired of being under suspicion and agree to take polygraph tests to prove they’re not hiding any details about Jake’s death. What will the results reveal? And, Mike and Shannon say their marriage has grown strained since their son’s death -- can they learn to come together and find peace after such a painful loss?

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: cupid2011 on Nov 24, 2013, 10:23AM - In reply to upsydasy
Always enjoy how well you express yourself and your point of view.   It looks like you were right on about the show having hurt the Limberios' case.  One way is that the witnesses were able to claim media exposure to refuse to testify.  

Totally agree with everything you wrote on your post. 

I have a bit of different thoughts regarding the money they spent on attorneys.  What if she chooses not to go to college?  Also, we don't know how much money the Limberios' have. Maybe they can heir any retirement funds to their grand daughter to help her pay for her school loans.   Maybe you have more info than I do on their finances and I'm totally ignorant. . 

There is no doubt that when people are in extreme grief decision making is altered. 

Replied By: cupid2011 on Nov 24, 2013, 9:18AM
Grand jury declared Jake's death an accident  because acording to the experts, the gun has 30% chance of going off by itself. 

If the verdict is the truth, then any amount of gun safety would not have mattered.  Someone was eventually going to end up dead with this particular gun

http://www.norwalkreflector.com/article/3814751

Replied By: upsydasy on Nov 23, 2013, 9:02AM - In reply to bcbud1
There’s been too much publicity for this story to ever go away now.  Under normal circumstances, I would agree that there’s no reason for a child to know that her father’s death was ruled a suicide.  But since Jacob’s parents can’t let this mystery go, their frustration and anger will eventually affect their grandchild’s life, if it hasn’t already.  There’s no doubt in my mind that Jacob’s parents are furious with his friends for being alive while their son isn’t.  You can’t blame 20 year olds for wanting to get on with their lives.  Everybody grieves in their own way, but I saw a lot of anger in Jacob’s mother eyes when she looked over at Brittany and Will and I don’t think it was just because she thought that they were holding something back.  She wants to see someone punished for her son’s death despite the fact that he was the one who brought the gun in the first place and encouraged everybody to play with it.  Anyone could have been shot that night and had Jacob survived, their son the gun owner may have been the one held criminally responsible.

This story has way too many unanswered questions and angles to ever come to a satisfactory conclusion.  Gun safety, suicide or accidental shooting, displaced grief, families in crisis and teenage narcissism all make great topics for discussion.  But put them all together and you’ve got nothing but total chaos and confusion.  I feel sorry for the little girl who’s stuck in the middle of all of this.  While everybody is busy pointing fingers at each other, nobody’s thinking of her.  Like someone else said, the money spent on exhumations and celebrity pathologists could have been placed in a college fund for her future.

Replied By: cupid2011 on Nov 20, 2013, 9:42PM - In reply to dream28b
Police, Invetigators, etc call it inconsistencies which means lies.

Replied By: dream28b on Nov 20, 2013, 7:55PM
Will mentions in an investigator's inquiry that when the shot went off they all ran into the kitchen. He also says that he called 911 also while Evan did. Then he says it was Evan and Brittany calling. None of this was talked about on the show but the 911 clip is of Evan speaking. He says when he saw Jake he was lying on the floor with his leg bent up. Will also never speaks of them passing the gun around one more time on the couch after getting the souvenier casings. 

Will was adament and I believe Brittany stated too that Jake mentioned to be careful that another bullet was in the gun. This is what Will said on the show but he said to the investigator he wasn't sure if Jake remembered there was another bullet in the gun or not. Will also said that Jake was on the phone with the cell in his right hand and that he was on the phone when the gun went off, however when the body was investigated the phone was in his pocket. Will could not explain this.

Will also said Jake had a habit of playing around with the gun and pointing it at his own head. He says that even before they went out back to shoot it that he did this playfully but never mentioned killing himself. He said Jake mentioned that night something about imagining playing Russian Roulette with that gun.

In Brittany's interview she says that he picked up the gun after he got off the phone. She said he doesn't believe he knew there was one still in the gun but that he wasn't aware it was the next one in the chamber. Brittany states in the interview that it was on the ottoman while Jake was on the phone, then he picked it up; also stated he usually carried it in his waistband but didn't know if that was where it was before the incident. She said she had no knowledge of the gun when they were in the car.

Consider once you have gone over so many scenarios in your head of what could have hapened, what you could have seen and what you think you remember seeing, you have several different "videos" in your head. Also when others repear their own facts and those become your own, you can write a new "video" that you actually refer back to when making a statement. These witnesses have been way too influenced by each other and by sitting alone and going over what they "could have" seen or the "what ifs" of what could have happened. Then they no longer have in their head just what they did see and what did happen. The waters have been too muddied in my mind to get a real confess and accurate story from the witnesses of what happened that night.

Replied By: samdreasen on Nov 20, 2013, 2:39PM
Things really dont add up with this story. I think Britney and Will are hiding something. Im sorry their body language and how defensive they are suggests that they are obviously not sharing everything. I think one of them did accidentally shoot him and they would rather take it to the grave than own up. 

I also think Britneys statment after Dr. Phil interviewed her about one of her answers was HIGHLY disrespectful to Jake and his family. She should be ashamed of her conduct on the show.  I think its sad that they are being so negative toward the parents. Instead of having a poor attutude and saying "Im the victim, Im the one who is suffering." They should come together with that family and heal together. The fact that they are not suggest that they feel guilty about something. I dont know there are alot of missing pieces to this puzzle. 

Replied By: cupid2011 on Nov 20, 2013, 7:50AM - In reply to bcbud1
she is going to be wanting to know how her dad died when she grows up.  Maybe she will even get a hold of his death certificate when she learns how to read.  Now the whole town nows someone is bound to be mean enough to tell her that her dad killed himself.  A lot of very mean and nasty people around.  Adults often are extremely mean to kids.  If Jake's best friend succeeds at making a Jake's Law she most definetly will know when she gets older.  It will be up to her to sort things in her mind and make a conclusin about how he died. She will have to live with knowing or not knowing.   

I have known people who live in fear (A LOT OF FEAR) thinking that they are going to die the same way their parents did from cancer, diabetes, etc.

Replied By: bcbud1 on Nov 20, 2013, 1:49AM - In reply to upsydasy
If they just tell her that her daddy died, that should be enough. She's too young to really understand what suicide is anyway, so why tell her? All she needs to be told is that her daddy loved her with all his heart, and that he misses her too.

Replied By: eimee123 on Nov 19, 2013, 9:38PM - In reply to wyldmee
Seriously ?? Dr Phil is not the one putting Brittany & Will through anything. If they are lying, they themselves are doing it !!! Its so obvious their hiding something, and it's a shame they can't give Jacobs parents the peace they need & our looking for. My sincere sympathy to them. Losing a child has to be the HARDEST thing a parent must endure.

Replied By: dream28b on Nov 19, 2013, 8:11PM - In reply to orionredstar
I think a terrible accident happened that day, and it's very possible with the forensic evidence of where the bullet ended up and either predicted exit wound that someone else made the gun go off. Or that Jake might have dropped it, but I don't believe he meant to kill himself that night.

That is one thing I don't get about the whole case. Suicide or not, Jake is gone and a family is hurting. Why the family is drilling suicide or not, while also stating they don't care to prosecute or rub the blame in on someone else. They are clearly set on hearing that someone else did it and ready to set the blame.

I do think both witnesses look and act guilty, but more in the sense that they don't know what they are stating is true, not that what they are saying is a lie they made up. Even Brittany says she did see it but can't remember anything, then changes to she didn't see him do it but she knows he did it, then also states she wishes she could remember what happened. I think she last saw him with the gun so it only makes sense he did it, but I do not believe she saw him do it. 

There may have been a trade of the gun happening and it dropped and went off. The third witmess wasn't even there to tell their story and no one asked on the polygraph if he did it and no one polygraphed him. I think with him being the caller there is a big reason to involve him in getting more answers of who is responsible, but the parents need to put to bed the suicide statement being changed on the certificate until there is evidence in the court. And not just a lie detector done on television that isn't 100% accurate.

Showing 1-10 of total 589 Comments