Twitter Facebook YouTube

2013 Shows

On March 2, 2012, 19-year-old Jacob “Jake” Limberios was fatally shot in the head in the presence of three friends. The coroner ruled his death a suicide -- but Jake’s parents, Mike and Shannon, say it doesn’t add up. They claim there was no investigation into Jake’s death, no evidence collected and no autopsy performed before Jake's death was ruled a suicide -- and they refuse to believe their son would take his own life. Jake’s family say a lot of questions remain unanswered, including: Who fired the shot? Two witnesses, Brittany and Will, adamantly maintain that Jake accidentally shot himself, but Mike and Shannon say their son knew how to handle guns safely and that the evidence doesn’t support that conclusion. Mike takes Dr. Phil cameras to the scene of the shooting to demonstrate why he believes that Jake was shot by someone else in the room. And, Brittany and Will face Mike and Shannon on Dr. Phil’s stage frustrated by the cloud of suspicion that they say still follows them as a result of Mike and Shannon’s allegations. When offered a chance to take a polygraph test, will they accept? Don’t miss this compelling two-part mystery.

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: factualsam on Apr 3, 2014, 4:57AM - In reply to atlhutch
Just finished viewing the Jacob Limberios tragedy. Unfortunately where I live the Dr. Phil shows are not up to date. I was rather surprised in Dr. Phil's tactics in his communication with Brittany and Will, hardly professional. It appears as if he was continually trying to hound these two into a confession. Obviously Dr. Phil had already, through his manner and approach, made up his mind that these two were hiding something.

Mike and Shannon show a lot of guilt! I am certain that Mike feels that he is responsible for Jacob's gun fetish. What went on before Jacob's death would hardly be classified as "Jacob is always careful with guns" according to Shannon.

Most parents are the last to know what their teens are really up to. Who knows what really happened? Jacob could easily have shot himself as he was fooling around with the weapon. In my country we have very strict gun controls and I am still stunned at the slack atttitude towards guns.

I fully agree that the continual hounding of Brittany and Will by Dr. Phil, Jacob's parents, the community and the wider community on facebook  does not help anyone, but tends to make the witnesses angry and hostile as shown by the polygraph results.

Replied By: goldenbeach on Feb 13, 2014, 1:41PM
I don't get it.  Autopsies are compulsory in Australia.  I can't believe USA is so backward in this.

Replied By: ozlollygirl on Jan 27, 2014, 9:15PM
I just read the Grand Jury report. Will and Brittany deserve a public apology. 

Why would they have agreed to go on TV or to take the polygraph if they were going to lie?  Apart from that, the questions asked were not specific enough, nor was there any detail given of any other questions asked. I understand the grief and desperation of Jake's parents but I also understand Brittany's proclaiming "this is my life!" His parents want closure, but Brittany and Will are now branded as liars and have public doubt hanging over them. There were so many things done wrong in the original investigation that have prevented a full view of the truth. How about Jake's parents take that up with the state instead of going on a witch hunt of Jake's friends? Jake took the gun and alcohol to the gathering - they need to accept that no matter what, he made a poor choice that set this whole chain of events in to play. 

It's a tragedy. Don't keep punishing Will and Brittany. 

Replied By: traceycb76 on Dec 17, 2013, 1:25PM - In reply to cupid2011
I spent a while on that page, looking to answer that very question - was this coming from the family? And I believe it is. I can't imagine what they are going through, I don't blame them for any emotion they might have - but based on what I read, I feel they were not honest about their intentions on the show.

As for "20" not being a teen anymore - I guess I might have been unclear. At such a young age, when their brains are not even fully developed, I believe they are incapable of understanding the impact that the loss of a child has. I looked at some of their comments as well and agree that they have been insensitive and even selfish in their responses, but I have to believe that their reactions are more about a lack of maturity than a lack of character. I could be absolutely wrong - it wouldn't be the first time and likely won't be the last, but this is just my opinion.

My bottom line is that it's just all very sad - for everyone. I don't know if I believe that finding the truth will ease the family's suffering anyway, but I've never been in their position. Whatever happens, I hope they all find peace.

Replied By: cupid2011 on Dec 1, 2013, 3:57PM - In reply to traceycb76
I doubt they are totally controlling the website. I doubt they approve of any comments attacking the teens.   I also doubt that the parents mean to injure the teens.  Afterall, by inviting them to the Dr. Phil Show, they were agreeing to keep the teens out of the jury court hearing.  I'm sure their attorney let them know that by having them appear on the show,  the teens would be able to claim "media exposure" as a reason not to testify in court.   That is exactly what happened.  The teens got out of testifying in jury court by  claiming "media exposure."    The teens haven't exactly been behaving in a civilized manner either.  Brittnay is no longer a teen either.  At 20 years old, she make insensitive comments on her facebook.

Replied By: traceycb76 on Nov 30, 2013, 10:29PM
When I watched these two episodes, I just felt sad for everyone involved - including the two kids that were with Jacob when he died.

I believed Dr. Phil and the parents when they said they didn't want to see anyone hanged for an accident, but just wanted to know the truth about what happened. I felt that some of the responses from the kids, while insensitive, were easily attributed to their ages and the fact that they can't possibly understand the loss of a child. I believed what I was witnessing was a story of sadness.

Then I found the campaign Jacob's parents are running on Facebook. When his mother said that she didn't want another parent to lose their child because of a mistake or accident, I believed her....but this campaign is clearly designed to crucify these kids. It's full of hateful comments and it's clear that they don't feel this was an unfortunate accident.

They believe these kids are murderers. I don't know what happened that night - no one but those four kids know, but I do believe it was an accident. I believe it's possible that one of those kids caused Jacob's death and I believe it's possible that Jacob was the cause. At the end of the day, I believe it was an accident - that simple.

Dr. Phil promised those kids that no one was out to get them, that no one believed that they murdered Jacob maliciously - but his parents DO believe that - just look at their Facebook page!

If the parents had been honest throughout the entire show about believing the kids were monsters, I wouldn't have a problem, but they lied...I'm really, really disappointed and disgusted.

The entire situation is horrible and makes me sad. I hope these parents find a way to live in peace that doesn't include hating others.

Replied By: atlhutch on Nov 30, 2013, 5:34AM - In reply to mommamichelle
Maybe Brittney is tired of being asked over and over again as if she is a liar and hiding something!  That would piss me off as well.  This is not something that has been going on for a few weeks or even months, but years!  Enough is enough!  These kids have been traumatized by what these people's son did and everyone needs to move on!  I wouldn't talk to them anymore.  They are just going to keep going until they force one of these kids to be charged with something so that they can 'explain' what happen to thier son when the fact is they allowed this boy to handle and play with guns and knives and they should have known that this would be the eventual outcome!

Replied By: atlhutch on Nov 30, 2013, 5:30AM
These parents don't want to accept the truth of what happened to their son, but to go around acusing those young people of covering up something and Dr. Phil joining in on that accusation is criminal!  I don't care what you 'think' the crime scene says, if they have taken the poligraph test and passed, why keep asking the questions?  Why keep trying to tear apart these young peoples lives?  Why keep putting it out there that they might have something to do with this if you truly don't believe that they had something to do with this?  You are trying to ruin their lives simply because your son is dead!  Its your fault for letting him play with guns and knives his whole life!  That was an accident waiting to happen and you should have known that!  Why didn't Dr. Phil address that issue?

Replied By: blessedme12345 on Nov 27, 2013, 1:51PM
My 21 year old son died of an accidental gun shot wound to his head.  I have never been given the full story from the numberous so called friends at the party.  The facts never added up.  I tried to get the police to investigate, but the chief told me unless I had enough compelling evidence to reopen the case, it was'n happening.  My son bought the gun at a well know gun dealer in the area, he went through all the legal channels and took the test to get his gun safety card, I talked to him all the time about gun saftey.  He knew the 9mm workings and the magazine, I don't know how to explain, but I know he could'nt have done this.  His best friend was with him, but now he refuses to talk to me.  He said he feels like I blamed him.  I can't help but remember that at my son's funeral he got up and spoke and murmered underneath his breath, "Biggest Mistake I ever made".  He swears he didn't say that.  I was not myself during that time, but I know what I heard.  He gave his mom a different account of what happen that night.  I mean everything about that night does'nt add up.  I wish I could talk to Jacob's parents.  I know there are so many parents out there that have gone through the same situation.  I just hope and pray we get closure someday, that someone will come forward with the truth.  Please pray for us all.

Replied By: mommamichelle on Nov 25, 2013, 11:21PM
I finally got to watch the PVR show of the Mysterious Death of Jacob Limerios.. First of all my heart goes out to the parents for their loss, and secondly.. i cannot believe and i am sickened of the way that Brittany is acting on the show.. have some compassion for the parents, who want the truth.. She is so condescending and if i was the mom i would give her an ear full..where is brittany's parents to give her advice on how to handle being asked numerous times about the incident.   its hard to understand how her child died, when there is so many inconsistencies.. Obviously if he had a gun and his parents were aware, he was someone who was careful about the handling of the gun. Where is the other person that was there, why isnt he talking..I  really hope brittany sees the show and sees how inconsiderate and selfish she acted. grrr!.

mommamichelle

Showing 1-10 of total 392 Comments