Twitter Facebook YouTube

2014 Shows

Since their divorce in 2007, Doug and Beverly have been making serious accusations against each other, including drug use, abuse and parental alienation -- and they admit their 15-year-old son and 9-year-old daughter are stuck in the middle of the turmoil. Beverly says Doug is a narcissistic “master manipulator” who has turned their children against her and even accused her of abusing them -- a claim she adamantly denies. She says her kids, whom she sees about once a month, think she’s “The Devil” -- and haven’t hugged her in four years. Are they being forced to choose sides? Doug and his fiancée, Tanya, claim that Beverly alienates herself from the kids and even skips visits with them. After reading messages to Beverly, written by the children, Dr. Phil issues a reality check. Will it make an impact? Then, Beverly claims Doug played games during their bitter custody battle by forging a suicide note on her behalf and presenting it to the court. She also says he faked a heart attack and told their children she was the cause. How does he answer to the accusations? Can these exes stop pointing fingers and come together for the sake of their children? Plus, hear from Doug’s mother, Trisha. Why has she sided with Beverly instead of her son?

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: birger on Mar 13, 2014, 8:22PM
That man made my skin crawl.  Doug is a liar and a manipulator.  I'm sure that the his ex wife is not innocent and perfect in all of this, but my yikes meter went off loud and clear every time he spoke.  

It is obvious that he is manipulating his children to cause strife between them and their mother.  That is the most disgusting thing that any person could ever do.  

I hope that these two get a grip and realize what they are doing to their children.  I feel horrible for those poor kids.  

Replied By: mt1948 on Mar 8, 2014, 10:28PM - In reply to jules2576
Like many men, Doug was attracted to the beautiful blonde airhead (ex-wife), he didn't notice her personality or lack thereof.  He is now repeating by being engaged to another beautiful blonde airhead.  ha ha

Replied By: mt1948 on Mar 8, 2014, 10:18PM - In reply to coloteacher
The wife seemed to have a smirk on her face a lot of the time and I didn't see anything remotely funny about what they were talking about.  Also, she kept trying to butt in and talk over Dr. Phil.  The fiancee needs to butt out, she is not those kids mom or even step-mom yet.

Replied By: mt1948 on Mar 8, 2014, 10:13PM - In reply to mydrphil03
I was expecting to read people's comments about the show on March 7, 2014, instead I'm seeing a lot of people commenting about their own experiences and problems.  For you people contact Dr. Phil and see if you can be on his show!

Replied By: catberndog on Mar 8, 2014, 10:54AM - In reply to pooky1957
I don't think so because of his narcissism.  I think he would use it as a weapon and another tool for control.  I know an individual with stage 4 cancer and he tells his wife she is the reason for his cancer. Just another tool to shame, manipulate and control. What you see if what you get.

Replied By: justameemawx3 on Mar 8, 2014, 8:09AM
Both of these knuckleheads need a lesson in humility and being appreciative of what they have.  Two beautiful children and their egos are writing on these kids slates.  I personally think the courts need to haul parents in when divorces are filed and there needs to be an understanding that if either of them decides to bad mouth the other, be non supportive and conduct their lives as lunatics its an automatic shock time a weekend in jail. Absoutely they are both fibbing and at the cost of their children, what can be done to correct that, counseling.  Not for the parents but for the children, they need the coping skills to off set the damage.  They need to know unconditional love and care.  Right now they are pawns for these two and the nightmares have got to be overwhelming.

Replied By: maryann62 on Mar 8, 2014, 5:47AM
Isn't this show a rerun?  

i would love to have an update.  I would like to see if my conclusions were valid.  While I am glad neither of them were my parents, I would rather have the exwife as a parent.  Her ex is an egotistical maniac, who is probably dangerous to any in his path.  

Hope the children are okay.  They should have been put in foster care till both parents were treated for serious issues.

Replied By: loyalalways on Mar 7, 2014, 10:51PM
This show is a rerun. I think it was on last fall sometime. I didn't remember what happened though when I watched it today.

I have my suspicions about this 'dad'. If his own mother is on the wife's side, what does that tell you? All he's interested in is winning by alienating their mother from her kids. For him to have the audacity to say she was abusing her daughter by rubbing her hair and her back or leg was pathetic and a joke. All mothers do that. It's called loving their children and letting them know it. That spoke volumes as to his real purpose in all of this. In the meantime, the kids are hurting and missing valuable time with their mother. That is totally selfish and disgusting. I think those kids are brainwashed by their dad.  His own mother even said they were his puppets. The kids' mother certainly doesn't appear to be an abusive mother to me. I don't trust that man. He seems very narcissistic and evil.

Those poor, poor children. I feel so bad for them. I sure hope they realize very soon that their mother isn't the monster he's made her out to be. And I also hope that their parents learn to co-parent so that BOTH parents are loved and trusted by their children. However, if they find out that he deliberately alienated them from their mother, he will regret it for the rest of his life and he will deserve whatever he gets.

Replied By: sadiegirl1987 on Mar 7, 2014, 9:27PM - In reply to pooky1957
When I was young, I married my high school sweetheart just out of school.  We had 4 years and a newborn, when he was diagnosed with leukemia and given 3 weeks to 6 months to live.  By the grace of God, he lived 4 1/2 years and died at the age of 28.  I was a 27 year old widow with a 5 year old son.  We involved our son in every phase and he was there in the end.  It was the most beautiful experience in my life, and since he lived those extra years, our son remembers him.  He was so young, sometimes he gets a little upset when his memories start to fade, so we sit and talk and I walk him through everything again.  Every laugh, every activity, every journey he had with his daddy.  Luckily your son is 9 and will be able to take in more memories.  Please include your son in all of the details now and after.  I remarried a widower several years later, and his wife also died of cancer and his two sons were never allowed in her hospital room.  They missed out on being with thier mother when she left this earrth and it is something they can never get back, and it hurt them deeply.   Please tell your wife to talk of you often and if your son comes to her down the road, fearful because some memories are fading, she can tell him every little detail about you. God Bless you, Michael and may your family find peace after you have gone onto your next life.   Mahalo, Michael.

Replied By: pooky1957 on Mar 7, 2014, 7:45PM
Sorry Dr. Phil,

I usually like your subject matter / topics, but these people are Ridiculous!  Laughing and lying - so sad.

You want a show...
December 14, 2014, I was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer [pancreatic and liver] and told I have months to live @ 56-years of age.  I have a 9-year old son who is clueless that his dad will be gone soon - forever.  My wife, who is the rock of our family, is in complete denial. 

I bet if people like Tanya and Doug found out they had months to live, their appreciation for their children and family would change big time.

Aloha ~
Michael

Showing 1-10 of total 121 Comments