Twitter Facebook YouTube

2014 Shows

Dr. Phil continues his examination of Mike’s “evidence” that his wife, Cindy, has cheated -- including polygraph results, STD tests and a DNA test. Are his suspicions justified, or is there something deeper at play? Cindy says she’s never cheated on her husband, and Mike’s endless accusations have made the last two-and-a-half years hell. She claims his mistrust has escalated to verbal abuse, and she recently moved out. She says he has now turned their 12-year-old son against her, and the child hasn’t spoken to her in over a month. Dr. Phil sits down with their son one on one. Hear what he has to say about his mother. Then, Dr. Phil confronts Mike. Has he programmed their son against Cindy? And, what’s really behind Mike’s obsession to prove his wife has been unfaithful? Dr. Phil offers a solution that may change the way he sees Cindy -- and save his marriage. Will he accept? (OAD: 11-8-13) This program contains strong language and sexual content. Viewer discretion advised.

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: zurretsky on Aug 2, 2014, 1:09PM
This guy is nuts! Cindy needs to be away from him forever!

Replied By: zacksmom87 on Jul 11, 2014, 11:00PM
This guy was an absolute pig! One of the foremost building blocks to any relationship is trust. I would never live with someone that spoke to me the way this boy ( cause a man would never act like this) spoke to his wife. And then for this man to teach his son to talk to his mom in the same manner is just utterly sickening! I was kind of mad that Dr Phil didn't try to set the son straight on some facts but after reflecting on it I can understand why he didn't as it isn't his place to do so. If I where her I would file an emergency custody for the son and get as far away from this deranged idiot aS I could. This guy is obviously deranged. This is one of the Dr Phil episodes where I was literally screaming at my computer like "what the heck is this guy talking about! How can you put up with such abuse and lies! How can you let him speak to you this way!" I sincerely hope that Dr Phil gave her the name of an excellent lawyer and a copy of this episode. I also hope after she leaves him her son will see thru the lies. It will probably be later on in life that he realizes it as I grew up in a similar situation where my father tried to poison me against my mother(i.e. he always told me if my mother truly cared for me and my sister she would have stayed in the small town we were from and wouldn't have remarried as quickly as she did). I wish nothing but this best to this women in the reSt of her life and for her sake she leaves this deranged lunatic. 

Replied By: marley2014 on Jun 25, 2014, 2:24AM
Watching this show was like looking at Cindy live my life.  I have been married to my husband for 24 yrs and have been accused of most men we come in contact with. About 3 to 4 yrs ago took 2 polygraphs and passed and went to see a palm reader and she too advised him nope no affair. To this day he says nothing will ever change his feelings and he knows I'm a cheater several times over and over. He says smart ass remarks to me all the time about my so called affairs.  I did leave for 6 months and returned to him because I just love him. My children are constantly being told I'm nothong by a liar. Oh I've lied about stupid things such as who helps me at the store or who I work with because I sleep with all men.  I give up I just get real angry now and tell him where to go. I know I'm not those things and so does the man upstairs. Sad part is I have a grown son who does the exact same thing.  Cindy u will eventually learn to just turn them off and just say whatever u say.  I'm so sorry u have to go thru it. My children have told me we know u don't do what dad says and that's how I get thru.

Replied By: toriks on Jun 23, 2014, 5:31AM - In reply to photogandrea
That man was so unstable!  I don't know how she lasted as long as she did.  My ex husband used to spy on me, tape phone calls (before the cell phone era) accused me constantly of cheating etc.  I finally left him and he went on to do it with every other woman he dated.  Needless to say, he's still single and I am now happily married to a wonderful man!

This woman needs to get out now, while there's still hope for her son.  This man is deeply disturbed and beyond counseling IMO, he just doesn't see that he's doing anything wrong!

Replied By: theren7 on Jun 21, 2014, 8:26AM
The behaviors of the husband sent chills through my body.  The passive aggressive bullying through body language and looks he was giving Cindy really struck a nerve.  As my husband and I were watching the show, I kept saying to my husband, "There is something deeper than her telling a white lie."  He needs to own it!  And the poor son!  I listened intently as the son "blamed" all problems on the mother.  I agree that children do not need to know the depth of marital problems.  I wonder if and  how the son's actions and attitude would change if he knew his dad has blown approximately $70-$80K gambling.  Cindy is the bigger person by not reacting and telling the child what really happened!

Replied By: birger on Jun 20, 2014, 7:08PM
I was literally sickened by the behavior of this husband.  How can he not see how unstable and bizarre his behavior is?  The way that he rages at his wife and involves his son is inconceivable to me.  

Mike, your son is going to wake up someday and he is going to resent you for alienating his mother and destroying their relationship.  You cannot escape that, a boy needs his mother.  You are damaging your son by doing this to him.  

Cindy, you need to take your son and leave and not look back.  This guy is beyond help and I fear for your safety and life.  Please seek help and get away!  

Good luck Cindy! 

Replied By: photogandrea on Jun 20, 2014, 5:36PM
I've been trying to figure out all day why on earth Dr. Phil didn't urge Cindy to get away from Mike NOW and PERMANENTLY!

I would have liked to see Cindy admitted immediately into full-time therapeutic treatment because after so many years of being abused and brainwashed, she is going to need a tremendous amount of support within a safe atmosphere to find herself. She met Mike when they were only teenagers. She never got a chance to get out from under his crazed grip!

While I'm glad that Mike will be getting help, for the sake of his son, I'm distressed that Dr. Phil didn't state that this marriage is not worth trying to save. Why try to save such an extremely abusive marriage? Even if someone could wave a magic wand and cure Mike instantly of his mental illness, how could Cindy ever feel at ease around him after being emotionally battered for decades?!?!

I am deeply concerned about Cindy and the son. I hope they find a safe place away from Mike and are able to bond again. It's going to take time and a lot of work.

Replied By: photogandrea on Jun 20, 2014, 5:25PM - In reply to ladycheray
I agree, an update on this two-part story would be great. It was torture watching that woman being abused by her husband. I can't figure out why Dr. Phil didn't more firmly state that she MUST get away from him and stay away. Couples therapy, seriously???

Replied By: photogandrea on Jun 20, 2014, 5:22PM - In reply to lb5453
She needs to leave him, no doubt about it.

Replied By: freelandsm on Jun 20, 2014, 3:25PM - In reply to ksue1203
YES

Showing 1-10 of total 382 Comments