Twitter Facebook YouTube

2013 Shows

Cindy says her husband of 15 years, Mike, relentlessly accuses her of cheating and claims his unfounded mistrust has escalated to verbal abuse. She says Mike will stop at nothing to catch her in the act, including hiring a private investigator, recording her phone calls and hiding cameras in the house. She says he has even faked suicide in an attempt to manipulate her to confess -- in front of their 12-year-old son. Cindy is adamant that she's never strayed but says to avoid the endless harassment, she moved out. Now, she says Mike is turning their son against her. Mike says his investigation began two-and-a-half years ago, when he caught his wife in a lie and became convinced that she cheated. What does he say happened? And, Mike says his wife passed a polygraph test to prove she’s not lying about being faithful -- so, why does he still not believe her? Plus, Dr. Phil takes a look at Mike’s “evidence” against Cindy -- are his suspicions valid? This program contains strong language and sexual content. Viewer discretion advised.

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: mommatoad on Nov 7, 2013, 9:16PM - In reply to ldytru
Exactly what I thought as well - this child needs to be with a family member whose not so deeply involved in the over-the-top-through-the-rafters drama - someone whose not biased towards either parent. I fear the damage has been done to the relationship between the mother and son - it will take a lot of growing up, a good male figure in the child's life, for him to understand all the dynamics behind his parent's unhealthy marriage. If these two adults can snap out of it, they'll see the need and give this boy some much needed space with specialized care - otherwise he will become either an abuser himself or so afraid of being one he never gets married.  Seen too much of this sort of B.S. as a CASA - out here, as in other towns big an small, all it takes is to hear a family's name to know exactly what the MO's going to be - as dysfunctions passed on from one generation to the next.

Replied By: celmom on Nov 7, 2013, 9:10PM - In reply to imperatrice
Thank you. The last thing a victim of abuse needs is to be blamed for the abusers behavior, and you communicated that fact  in a more gracious way than I wanted to.

Blaming a victim accomplishes nothing beyond  adding  an extra burden to carry..  Someone caught in an abusive relationship already feels worthless..  Not everyone has the same resources, or the same circumstances.  I agree that victims need to reclaim their power and personal dignity, and not tolerate abuse.  However, rather than burden a victim with "You allow the abuse" type of criticism , a more positive and helpful attitude might be vallidation:  " you deserve  better; you have a right to EXPECTt better" . In other words,  a reminder of ones intrinsic human worth

Replied By: mommatoad on Nov 7, 2013, 9:04PM - In reply to saunca
AMEN to that - this is a classic example of PA syndrome - it ruins families tearing apart what's left of anything to salvage -its about a smart as spitting into the wind... it always flies back in your face.

Replied By: mommatoad on Nov 7, 2013, 8:58PM
I appreciated how Dr. Phil physically placed himself between the wife and her abusive husband - that move was so needed at those moments. This man has designer anger - he shapes and fabricates events to support his own devious behavior, failing to recognize how much of what he accusses his wife of is what he himself is doing. Good to see Dr. Phil addressing the fact he is a manditory reporter - this is abuse of a minor child BIG TIME! What sort of husband and father will this boy become with this sorry example of manhood.

Replied By: ldytru on Nov 7, 2013, 8:55PM
Thank goodness!

This kid needs to get to a safe emotional place!
 I don't know what his mother is thinking!!

Replied By: ldytru on Nov 7, 2013, 8:50PM - In reply to amgoo1
I'm nauseaus.
Go Dr Phil!!!!!!!

Replied By: ldytru on Nov 7, 2013, 8:47PM - In reply to weaver1415
I wish someone would speak of the danger of this man!

Replied By: jennysgram on Nov 7, 2013, 8:46PM - In reply to l3obdp
I am in complete agreement with you, and am so tired of seeing women dissolved in tears and weeping inconsolably for the entire show while the perpetrator rants on and on.  I realize Cindy is hurt and in pain; however, this has been going on for years with her husband.  I would think by now that outrage would certainly overpower the sobbing.  I'd be shooting daggers just looking at him while desperately trying to control my anger.  Mike is obviously seriously disturbed and needs help.  I, too, feel Cindy absolutely must pull herself together for her son.  Having been indoctrinated with lies by his father, I feel it will take some serious counseling for him to recover from this nightmare of a life.  Cindy will need lots of help as well.  Get a grip, Cindy, for yourself and your son!

Replied By: ldytru on Nov 7, 2013, 8:45PM - In reply to ginger343
I agree and this guy is dangerous. Dang, he's scary!
My ex came to my apartment with a loaded gun and shot himself.
 He like to play with h is rifles and guns. He liked to yell. He shot the gun off as I ran from him.

Once he took a bottle of 100 speed pills, to 'teach me a lesson.'
I don't quite understand why Cindy isn't gone already.. 

Replied By: txsade on Nov 7, 2013, 8:42PM - In reply to debrajo83
This is one of the worst cases of abuse I have seen on the DR Phil show>
The man is crazy, out of control.  He needs to go back to where he came from.  I think something happened to his parents and he's trying to control his wife.  She needs to leave.  The child needs a break away.  And that man needs to have his head examined.  They need to seperate and divorce.  He's so paranoid about silly things.  I wonder how he behaves @ work.  The world will see now that he has some issues and treats his wife and family this way.  Please, get her away from this man because he's about to go balistic and hurt her!

Showing 71-80 of total 287 Comments