Twitter Facebook YouTube

2014 Shows

Cindy says her husband of 15 years, Mike, relentlessly accuses her of cheating and claims his unfounded mistrust has escalated to verbal abuse. She says Mike will stop at nothing to catch her in the act, including hiring a private investigator, recording her phone calls and hiding cameras in the house. She says he has even faked suicide in an attempt to manipulate her to confess -- in front of their 12-year-old son. Cindy is adamant that she's never strayed but says to avoid the endless harassment, she moved out. Now, she says Mike is turning their son against her. Mike says his investigation began two-and-a-half years ago, when he caught his wife in a lie and became convinced that she cheated. What does he say happened? And, Mike says his wife passed a polygraph test to prove she’s not lying about being faithful -- so, why does he still not believe her? Plus, Dr. Phil takes a look at Mike’s “evidence” against Cindy -- are his suspicions valid? (OAD: 11-7-13) This program contains strong language and sexual content. Viewer discretion advised.

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: moonraker635 on Jun 29, 2014, 4:53PM
I am familar with Mike's domineering, controlling, paranoid personality. And I'm very familiar with Cindy's state of mind as I was once in her situation. Cindy needs psychiatric evaluation and counseling as she is not only his victim but now has become a mentally ill person. Mike is shaping and forming his son into a like-minded man who will become just like his father and forever alienated from his mother (and perhaps any woman). Cindy should seek counseling and divorce Mike. The boy should be removed from his father's home and be given long-term counseling. I hope it's not too late for the child.

Replied By: southernlady65 on Jun 23, 2014, 6:18PM - In reply to alwaysaskeptic
"meal ticket".  He is the one who lost a year's salary gambling. She did not earn a retirement pension sitting home knitting.

Replied By: psychray on Jun 21, 2014, 10:31PM
I disagree with the diagnosis of Paranoid Personality Disorder. There is no paranoia in other areas of Mike's life. Looks like Delusional Disorder of the Jealous Type to me. If there is a personality disorder going on there it seems to me that  narcissism and /or borderline are more like it. 

Replied By: whitecat1954 on Jun 20, 2014, 1:40PM
I went through similar issues    except I was also accused of turning his kids against him  I hid at work sometimes working three jobs   I hid  on thecomputer when home   accused of cheating just tell the truth etc etc    he didnt want the truth    all the while I as supporting the family.  always a I feel picked on personality he became worse when he became ill   It was then he started attacking me instead of other people  I think the illness definately caused  worse effects.  He has past away now and I try to remember his good years and forget about his not so good.    I would in a second life leave and divorce him   AHow can you feel close to him if he is verbally absive and emotional abusive its a circle he does his abusive paranoia stuff and it very rough on the wife and she pulls away  which just spurs him on more   there is no end to it

Replied By: alwaysaskeptic on Jun 20, 2014, 10:45AM - In reply to loyalalways
I can never hold my tongue when this poster repeatedly paints the man as the devil incarnate and the woman as a hopeless, helpless victim who can't think for herself. If her self-esteem is "beneath the floor" and she truly assumes the blame for everything, then her participation in this unhealthy dynamic is that she allowed it to happen. She stayed in this abusive relationship because it was better than the alternative, which is typically not having a man and a meal-ticket. She CHOSE TO STAY (I'm trying loyalalways' all-caps method of making a point) time and time again despite this man's disrespect and abuse of her. I refuse to believe that women have no intelligence or free will so if they choose to stay in a bad situation they need to acknowledge the reasons for their choice and take some responsibility for it.

Replied By: alwaysaskeptic on Jun 20, 2014, 10:27AM - In reply to freelandsm
I agree there's a double standard in many aspects of male/female relationships but I hope you're saying tongue-in-cheek that men are supposed to be taking care of women. This is 2014, not 1850. Are parents still telling their daughters that they are weak and incapable but not to worry, some Prince Charming will come along and make their entire lives perfect? I sure hope not.

Replied By: laurajean762 on Jun 19, 2014, 5:44PM
I am literally getting ready to jump out of my chair!!!! I cant stand watching what this man is doing to his child. And as for what he is doing and saying to his wife...well i dont know which one of them is making me crazy more. Him for being a manipulative, insecure, abusive, pointing the finger at everyone else, pitifful excuse for a man, or her for accepting the treatment that not only does he bestow upon her, but allowing her son to be abused by that ignoramus as well. I am sorry i have no pity for these ignorant drama queens

Replied By: designerlou on Jun 19, 2014, 1:52PM
How can Dr. Phil sit there and let the man vebally abuse his wife on TV?  If I were in the audience I would have lept up in her defense.  The discussion should stop now.  We have enough proof. Haul this "husband" off to jail or a very thorough, lengthy treatment program.

Replied By: freelandsm on Jun 19, 2014, 1:41PM - In reply to alwaysaskeptic
it's called double standards.  Because the man is supposed to take care of the woman,  we don't allow them to be mentally ill. But of course they are.

Replied By: loyalalways on Jun 19, 2014, 12:11PM - In reply to spiritwolves
Your message was so compassionate. This woman needs to know that there are a lot of people on her side. It was so heartbraking to see the pain on her face. The evil stares he had at her must have been so unbearable for her. The reason she thinks she still loves this man after all he's done to her is that because her self esteem is underneath the floor and she thinks it's all her fault (again, thanks to him) and that she is unworthy for anyone else. If she only knew that she CAN be on her own.

When my ex left me for someone out daughter's age, I thought I'd never make it, either. However, I did very well. Once you realize, with the h elp of friends, that you CAN do it on your own, your life is so much better. No woman NEEDS a man and no man NEEDS a woman, especially if they're abusive.

Showing 1-10 of total 374 Comments