Twitter Facebook YouTube

2013 Shows

Dr. Phil continues his exclusive interview with Michelle Knight, the first of the three Cleveland kidnapping victims to break her silence. Ariel Castro’s first and self-professed “most hated” victim reveals never-before-heard details about how she survived in the house and the day she says she was forced to "prepare" a room for Castro's third victim. Hear about the remarkable bond that developed between the young women — how they protected each other. She also recounts the day of her dramatic rescue. Don’t miss this emotional conclusion! The following program contains strong sexual content. Viewer discretion advised.

Find out what happened on the show.

If you would like to make a donation to help Michele Knight's future, please click here.
Comments
Replied By: donna_deaner03 on Feb 10, 2014, 6:06PM
You know in life we hear things and see things and some of them we forget about and some of them stay with us and your story is one that has stayed with me. I live in Canada and seen your story on our news and all i could think was how god had been there for you and the other girls. But when i saw you on the Dr. Phil show and all the eveil thing you went though beening in that hell hole for all those years the tears just came rolling down my face. I felt how brave you where to have gone though all that and never let him brake you. And i am so sorry that you missed out on all those years with your son but remeber he loves  you and is proud of you for staying strong for him because you knew that he would see you again some day. My god bless you and i hope the rest of your life is filled with happieness and love and peace.

Replied By: anoninhk on Jan 27, 2014, 10:38AM
Your son will be so proud to learn he has such a courageous, loving and intelligent mother. I pray you will reunite with him one day.

All the best to you, Gina and Amanda.

Replied By: luvmyhuskies on Nov 20, 2013, 7:21PM
I've been watching Dr. Phil for quite awhile now and although I've  laughed, cried, agreed, disagreed, you name it and I've felt it at one time or another during some of these shows, this is the one that prompted me to make a user name.  I went through a box of Kleenex during both parts and watched in horror and amazement over Michelle and what she went though, yet how she endured.  Michelle, you are deserving of everything good to come your way for the rest of your life.  I'm so so angry at your mother, a word I use very losely to describe the woman who gave birth to you, and although I'm only 14 years older than you, I'd be honored to take over the position of your mother.  I can't mention "that dude" without tears of anger and a lot of profanity, so I will just simply say I am furious he took the coward's way out and hope that he is paying his dues in Hell.

Not many knew of you then, but we know of you now and I hope you feel the love that we all send your way.  God Bless You, Michelle.

Replied By: KateBauer on Nov 11, 2013, 3:41PM
You are a strong, courageous, intelligent, & loving young woman.  If I had been living in the same horror you had for all those years I believe I would be in a hospital for the mentally ill the rest of my life.  You truly are amazing and I wish you nothing but happiness, safety, and love the rest of your life.  Shame on your mother for not being the mother she should have been to you.  The federal government should check and see if she did receive SSI checks for you and if so demand the money be paid back.  You certainly were not a special needs student.   I think you need to continue your education and hopefully someday be reunited with your son.  You deserve all the very best life has to offer.

Replied By: abulea on Nov 11, 2013, 12:00PM
I'm late to be commenting, but I have to say it.  Michelle was locked in a small space for more than ten years.  Her young body adapted to that.  She needs to be in physical therapy, yoga, and regular exercise to regain her body and her health.

Replied By: jmethomas on Nov 11, 2013, 9:48AM
I feel for you. Your mother didn't try to keep your son out of the foster care system.  She didn't run around looking for you with a broken heart.  She left you feeling unloved and undeserving. Your son will always know his mother loved him, tried to fight for him and her love for him made her a survival for a real fight for her life. I hope you get him back.

Replied By: laurey4132 on Nov 11, 2013, 8:53AM - In reply to cocosurf
I also watched the replay of Dr. Phil on Saturday evening.  I'm still bothered by the details of what Castro did to these women.  All of them are heroes in my eyes.  I couldn't even imagine going through a day of his torture let alone 10 years ot this horrific treatment. 

Thank you Michelle for being brave enough to share your story.  My wish for you is that you live out your days of freedom with peace and move forward while using this horrible time of your life as a way to help and educate others.  

God Bless you <3

Replied By: deblynch2 on Nov 9, 2013, 6:31PM
adoption records in ohio should be open....

Replied By: loisloisg on Nov 8, 2013, 9:18PM
Michelle,

Your story is painful to hear yet inspiring.  You’ve lived through horrific circumstances yet you survived, and it’s amazing to see what a poised, determined and beautiful woman you are.  You’re a testament to the human spirit.    

Michelle has taken back her life, and she’s finally been given a chance to live on her own terms.  Something most people take for granted.  I donated and I ask that you donate too.  Michelle is going places and changing people’s lives.  She needs everyone’s support.   

LR

Replied By: jabrenner on Nov 8, 2013, 4:54PM
You are my hero. I hope you have a wonderful, fullfilling, and happy life going forward. You deserve nothing less.

Showing 1-10 of total 156 Comments