Twitter Facebook YouTube

2013 Shows

Anne and Mike say their 28-year-old daughter Michelle has been battling anorexia, bulimia and drug addiction for 10 years, and at just 75 pounds, they fear for her life. The parents say Michelle cycles between binging, purging and starving herself, all the while using pain pills, cocaine and other drugs to cope with feeling hungry -- and was once found passed out with a needle in her arm. They say they’ve spent more than $100,000 trying to help their daughter, who has been in multiple treatment centers, and nothing has worked -- but could they be part of the problem? Michelle says she wants to get healthy so she can be a better mom to her 2-year-old son -- whom she can barely lift or find the energy to play with. But is she really serious about finally making a change? And, why does she say she blames her mother for her current condition? Then, a family shares the heartbreaking story of their loved one, Trina, whose eating disorder caused her to have massive seizures that left the now 24-year-old with severe brain damage. Will meeting Trina and her family have an impact on Michelle? If your loved one is struggling with an eating disorder, don’t miss this show!

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: blinkofaneye on Jan 23, 2014, 8:36PM - In reply to fenwaypark9
I just wanted to thank this man for complimenting our family (Trina's family).  We really have to give credit to God for filling us with His strength.  And, it is our belief that bad things have redemption without turning them into some form of good.  To attempt to save lives by presenting a wake up call about this horrible disease is the best turn around :) we could come up with.  We will need continued prayers moving forward with the Foundation we just created as it keeps the tugging on our hearts for Trina and for others.  One day at a time with great thanks to God and to those like you who give us confirmation we are on the right track. Blessings to you as well!!!  From Sandy, Trina's mom

Replied By: elcy62 on Nov 12, 2013, 1:27PM
SHE IS SEEKING CONTROL.  MOVING HER AWAY FROM THE CURRENT SITUATION  MAY HELP.  SOMETIMES THE ONES WHO LOVE US THE MOST EXPECT TOO MUCH.  IT IS DIFFICULT TO LIVE UP TO SOMEONES ELSE'S STANDARDS.  SOMETIMES IT IS JUST EASIER TO GIVE UP.

Replied By: cupid2011 on Nov 7, 2013, 10:37AM - In reply to isaac18
When an anorexic looks at himself or herself in the mirror, they see a fat image although the rest of us see a skeleton.   This is because the brain is not functioning properly.    Anorexics, cause themselves severe chemical imbalances to the point where they can't function or think  properly anymore from lack of nutrients.

Soda also uses up your nutritional resources. Like when an automobile is not properly tuned it waste more gasoline.  The brain has to work harder in order to function properly

Soda/sugar is also addictive like alcohol or other drugs.  A big waste of money. Best to avoid it in the first place

Replied By: cupid2011 on Nov 7, 2013, 10:29AM - In reply to isaac18
The brain works via chemicals.   The brain is made up for separate parts.  All the different parts in the brain need to communicate with each other.  That communication is done with chemicals.

If the brain is unable to communicate with all of it's parts, it is difficult to think clearly.  Leads to anxiety and anger.  The brain also needs proper nutrition in order to send messages (hormones) to the rest of the body and the organs to tell them how to work properly.  All the organs are ruled by the brain.  

Mental problems are caused by chemical imbalance.  We get chemical imbalances by not feeding the brain what it needs.   Stress and trauma deplete us of nutrients, and therefore, supplementation may also be necessary to replenish what we can't get from food  alone because of the severe depletion. Some people need medication to help them have a more balanced chemistry. 

Soft drinks have nothing to offer but to make fat and to make the brain go hay wire.  Soft drinks are a waste of money.  You're better off to spend your money on something that feeds your brain like fruit and vegestables.    

With proper nutrition, we avoid most deseases.    Proper nutrition helps us think clearly and to make proper decisions and to remain calm.  Fruits and vestables also help detoxify.   Toxins confuse the cells and DNA.

Sugar from complex carbohydrates like from fruits and vegestables is best because it provides nutrition to the brain.  Sugar from soda confuses the brain.  It's causes shortages like an electrical shortage.

The brain also needs protein.  The brain is made up of fat.  Coconut oil is an excellent fat for the brain besides animal protein.  Oil from walnuts is also excellent for the brain.  Coconut oil is none fatting too. 

Nutrition is more vital when stressed. 

An automobile needs gasoline and oil to function and humans need fruits, vegestables, herbs, protein, carbs.   Some people do better with carbs from whole grains.  Some people cannot eat grains, but need to have animal fat and not grains.

Replied By: isaac18 on Nov 6, 2013, 1:52PM - In reply to cupid2011
What does soda have to do with it? I can say I'm in good shape and take great care of myself but still like a soda here and there.

Replied By: cupid2011 on Nov 5, 2013, 2:33PM - In reply to upsydasy
I 've noticed that  a lot of women value their looks so much more than their health.  I, like you,  just eat healthy.  I don't drink soft drinks either.  I understand that the belief is that the media is leading to people getting anorexia and bulemia.  For that reason, it is believed that black people don't usually get the deseases because of the lack of black actors.  But I heard Dr. Phil say that women who are raped/sexually molested become permiscous and become more concerned with their appearance as a result.   So their values become distorted. I can't help wonder if anorexia isn't made worse by sexual molestation.   

I do believe that anorexia can be avoided by healthy eating habits.  

Replied By: carlyna on Nov 5, 2013, 2:15PM - In reply to fenwaypark9
My sister, Trina, is the girl on the show. Thank you so much for you comment...I definitetly think this is something my mom needs to hear because she doesn't understand how brave she is.

Replied By: carlyna on Nov 5, 2013, 2:12PM - In reply to cgisonda
My sister, Trina, is the girl on the show. I am so sorry about your daughter. There is a link to my sister's page on the site: http://blinkofaneye.me/. Feel free to message my mom - she is great for support. Thank you for sharing.

Replied By: carlyna on Nov 5, 2013, 1:34PM - In reply to carlan
Trina, the girl on the show, is my sister. Thank you for your supportive comments. Although there is not much hope she gets better, we are still praying and loving on her every day. <3

Replied By: carlan on Nov 5, 2013, 10:25AM - In reply to sab708
This has nothing to do with eating disorders, which I don't have (unless you count being obese), but I had a massive cerebral hemorrhage back in 2001, and it was indirectly precipitated by my neglect of my own health.
Seeing Trina made me realize just how drastically different things could have gone for me, considering the major hit my brain took. At one point, I too, could barely sit up, had to take nourishment through a feeding tube, couldn't speak, had to wear adult diapers, etc. etc.
 Trina is still a pretty young (much younger than I!) woman, with flawless skin, but she obviously doesn't know, and couldn't care less. I, on the other hand, feel TREMENDOUSLY blessed to have the luxury of being able to devote an embarrassingly large portion of my remaining cognitive powers to concealing a single acne scar on my right cheekbone, and correcting other people's grammar - not necessarily in that order.

I know it isn't likely, at this stage, but I wish Trina could improve as much as I have.
I REALLY REALLY hope that the other young woman will throw herself completely into the treatment offered her, and regain her health. Her son needs her healthy, and she needs *herself* healthy.

Showing 1-10 of total 51 Comments