Twitter Facebook YouTube

2014 Shows

Courtney says her husband of five years, Jeromiah, is abusive and was recently released from jail after serving six months for a probation violation, stemming from a domestic assault conviction -- yet she says she’s still torn about whether she should take him back. Courtney claims that Jeromiah has thrown her down the stairs, raped her, choked her and punched her in front of their now 15- and 7-year-old children, but she holds out hope that he’ll change. Jeromiah admits that his anger can get out of control but denies the choking and rape allegations and claims it's never gone too far. Courtney’s 15-year-old daughter, Hannah, says she’s witnessed the violence and has begged her mother to leave -- and she fears the worst could happen if the couple stays together. Will Courtney get the courage to leave for good? Then, Chris says her abusive husband nearly killed her, leaving her paralyzed. Hear her shocking story of survival and words of warning for Courtney -- and Jeromiah. Plus, don’t miss Robin McGraw’s important announcement that could save your life and help protect your children, friends and family! (OAD: 10-28-13)

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: stangsix on Apr 2, 2014, 5:53PM
I want to know why the driver and her parents aren't paying for Jacobs medical bills?

Replied By: nevadagal14 on Mar 21, 2014, 8:32PM
I was in an abusive relationship for 25 years.

The abusive relationship is like an Arc. Up the one side is building up tension; verbal abuse; controlling; until it meets the top. Then all hell breaks loose. Usually the physical abuse. Then down the other side is flowers; chocolates; sweet promises; ass kissing; loving; etc.
It's the second half of this Arc that an abused woman is addicted to. Who wouldn't want that type of man. However it comes with the expense of the other side of the Arc and especially the middle at the top. Thats what makes it so hard to leave sometimes.

Replied By: warriormama on Mar 20, 2014, 6:14PM
I love this Aspire app idea! I have adopted a child who has periods where she is unstable with potential violence towards the mother future, one of which is me. I am the adopted mother. This app will add extra level of safety for me, thanks!

Replied By: tita1978 on Mar 20, 2014, 12:32PM
I do not think that her husband will change and she needs to get her children out of that abusive relationship. She needs to know that it's not her fault for the abuse and that if he is sent to jail again she has to press charges and make him understand that she will not take the abuse anymore. I have been married for 18 yrs, I got married when I was 17 yrs old and the first 14 yrs of my marriage were so abusive. In my three pregnancies I was physical abuse and I almost lost my babies. I would always had to hide from family and friends because I'll always had marks of the abuse, I never called the police and never talked to anyone. Now my three children do not respect him and they always take my side in everything. My husband does not like that but that's what he got for all those yrs of abuse, he has change and this past 4 yrs he has tried to be a better husband and he has not touch me to hurt me. I am lucky because he change.

Replied By: naturemum on Mar 20, 2014, 11:37AM
Aside from anything else, she has to get her kids out of there! If not, her daughter will end up with issues affecting her negatively with men. Her son will think that's how to treat women. Get out & yes, it's difficult but once you make the decision, use your network of friends & family plus resources where she lives & get free of this man. He doesn't have any insight at all into the fact that yes "he is that man"!

Replied By: bigredhead on Mar 20, 2014, 9:41AM
Oh yeah, she's gone. Hopefully Dr Phil can guide her to serious help. Being a single mother of 2 boys it's hard when they grow up & "the other woman" enters into your life & picture. She probably feels she lost her grip on what she views as "rightfully" her successful achievements in life, her sons. When her younger son died, she lost the last thing she had to hold on to. I hope she gets help.

Replied By: mikesb on Mar 20, 2014, 9:28AM - In reply to freelandsm
How can you tell that? I have had more than one abusive relationship. I'm an old fashioned thinking person, and women seem to try to take advantage of this. I would NEVER raise my hand to a woman, and it seems that women take this as a free pass to be as abusive as they can be on all levels,physical,emotional, and mental. Thank you for your comment.

Replied By: shagnola on Mar 20, 2014, 9:26AM
I am currently in a DV situation.  Once they start they dont stop hurting you it only gets worse.  All in the name of Love.  I am a successfull career person and have fallen victim to this I don't know why.  I am trying to get away and he won't stop.  It is very scary.

Replied By: crimsonriver on Mar 20, 2014, 7:51AM
I have seen people doing it and they did it over and over again.The best thing for her should be to forgive him since we are human beings but to carry on with such a person would be very risky and it would give him more power to control and believe that his actions are forgivable. There is no cure for this behavior.

Replied By: ollieollie on Mar 19, 2014, 7:22PM - In reply to suburbangirl
What have you ever done to deserve that kind of treatment?  NOTHING!  You deserve better....anyone does...even a dog or a bug.  So what are you getting out of letting someone hurt you?  Toughen up on your self and realize you may not be seeing things accurately and that you may be "addicted" to him and listen to the people who love you.  Please do...plus..you're only enabling him to deepen his negativity..his fundamental darkness.  Be brave and listen to your friends.  They're 100% right!

Showing 1-10 of total 160 Comments