Twitter Facebook YouTube

2013 Shows

Soon-to-be exes Joey and Amanda say their marriage was over six months after they tied the knot, and Joey blames his mother-in-law, Mina, for stirring drama. He claims that Mina falsely accused him of being inappropriate with his 2-year-old daughter and told police that he tried to kidnap the child. How does Mina describe the accusations? Amanda says Joey has anger issues and yells, curses and punches the air when he’s mad. She also claims he once pushed her when she was 8 weeks pregnant and holding their then 18-month-old daughter. How does Joey explain the incident? And, who should have custody of their two children? Dr. Phil weighs in and offers this family advice for moving forward. Then, Ashley says her husband, Matt, had an affair with one of her friends a year-and-a-half ago, and she’s afraid to let him out of her sight. Matt admits he has cheated on his wife with three different women but insists he’s been faithful since the last affair. Why did he stray? Can Ashley learn to trust him again, or are they better off apart?

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: nonamenoface05 on Oct 30, 2013, 6:32PM - In reply to bwestbrook
Me and my children's father were never married and when we split up I didn't demand child support but he got the kids anything and everything they wanted he even took care of me. When I got married to my current husband he had my children's dad in the wedding. When my ex got off work he came to our house everyday to spend time with the kids and ate dinner with us every night. At one point we lived across the street from each other so the kids could come and go to either house when they wanted. It wasn't till the last couple yrs all that changed he got a girlfriend who does not understand our family's relationship and has put demands on him like he can only talk to me if it has to do with the kids he is not allowed to come to my house and she doesn't like the fact that him and I go to the kids school things together. All she is doing is hurting my children. My children were used to having 3 adults they could turn to trust and count on. Needless to say they don't like the dads girlfriend and feel they have to lie when she questions them on if my husband and I have contact with there dad

Replied By: nonamenoface05 on Oct 30, 2013, 5:46PM - In reply to panchaloves5
In your case that was your ex choice to stay away this guy on the show wants to be a part of his children's lives they make it hard on him to do that saying they are scared he will harm the kids they are liars

Replied By: nonamenoface05 on Oct 30, 2013, 5:42PM
I just watched the show about the guy who said mother in law ruined my family and the husband cheated and the show mad me so angry. For one the husband wants to be a part of his children's life and his mother in law make it as hard for him as can be. What the heck are wrong with women these days using children as pawns if I was him I would be upset to. The women have no proof that he would hurt the children and it seems like from day 1 they didn't want him to be in the kids life not many men want to step up he does let him. As for the lady crying that her husbands cheating causes her anxiety or PTSD omg get over it or leave him what are you going to do hold it over his head forever or make him walk on egg shells the rest of your life? If I was married to you and you acted like that I would leave you it happened 18 months ago either let go or leave why would you want to live like that find someone who will fall at your feet 24 hours a day women like that make me sick act like the helpless victim no one is making you stay

Replied By: panchaloves5 on Oct 29, 2013, 7:57PM
Dr. Phil I am a Mother of 5 grown children now. When my three youngest were still quit young their father decided that he needed more sex than what I was giving him. so when it got around that he was cheating on me, I got really upset and confronted him. Oct 14, 2005 we got divorced. It was order that he was to do Partening time with our two youngest kids. He only came 2 times out of the 10 yrs of our split. Everytime I took him into court he would lie through his teeth saying that I was the one keeping him from our kids. I stop calling him or even stop letting the kids go with him because he mad them cry everytime he never showed up. In 2010 he came to say that he was Sorry for everything he did to hurt the kids and me. The kids wanted nothing to do with them and still to this day my kids have nothing to do with him. So I do understand where they both are coming from. My ex husband he going to die a lonely old man without his kids by his side. And he did it to himself.. 

Francis D PHX-AZ

Replied By: hazeld12 on Oct 28, 2013, 3:49AM - In reply to noymfbja
I know that your countrymen have a reputation for being thick, but you really take the biscuit. You are completely without sound judgement, it is obvous. This father is an out and out moron and shouldn't be allowed anywhere near these children. As for the host of this show, he does what he does every day, shows himself to be no better that the morons he is actively defending, whether they be child molesters, wife beaters or just ignorant, like him!

Replied By: cupid2011 on Oct 25, 2013, 6:24PM - In reply to isaac18
He wanted her to have an abortion.  Why should he be on the birth certificate.  He is just a sperm donor.    I saw this mother-in-law as being very supportive and there for her daughter when she most needed her. 

This is a very smart mother-in-law who gave her daughter nothing but excellent advice.  She also told her to "cut her  losses" because her fiancee was cheating on her.  She could have demanded her daughter to go through the wedding to keep up appearances and avoid embrasment, but she didn't.

She is a great mother.  I did not see anything mean about her.  I saw NOTHING MEDDLING about her behaviour.  

The father of the baby has ulterior motives for wanting to have visitation. 

I didn't see anything positive with the father of the babies.   He is like so many men that once you marry them, they become controlling and abusive.  He also became abusive when his fiancee/wife was pregnant. It is common for some men to become angry when his partner is pregnant because he doesn't want to share the attention with the baby.  Also, another symptom of a violent, selfish, and insecure man.

I think a lot of people project their own experiences onto other mother-in-laws.

A meddling mother-in-law critizises and puts down her own daughter not just the son-in-law and that is not the case here.

Daughter is so lucky to have such a wonderful mother in her life.

Replied By: isaac18 on Oct 25, 2013, 4:20PM
My sister was an abusive relationship, had a baby, and put the fathers name on the birth certificate. 

The father has never paid child support or cared for the child. My sister by law is required to stay in the state where she has no support system. All because he is on the certificate. So for all you people who say at he mom was in the wrong, no she was actually right to say that. Sorry but this guy doesn't pass my sniff test. 

Replied By: loyalalways on Oct 25, 2013, 1:17PM
I was really glad that so many others thought the same thing that I did. That mother-in-law should mind her own damn business!! It is not HER fight when an adult couple fight. I believe Joey. I believe that the mother-in-law is why that marriage is in divorce court in the first place. That wife  needs to grow up and fight her own battles. But, I do have a reminder for the wife: IT'S NOT JUST YOUR CHILD!!!!! IT'S HIS, TOO!!! Whether you like it or not, he has a right to see his child on a regular basis. If it werekn't for Joey YOU wouldn't have that child, so stop being selfish and stupid and let him see his child. He DOES love her and wants her in his life. Count your  blessings. A lot of guys walk away.

I am stunned that Dr. Phil didn't say a thing to the M-I-L about her butting in. He said the opposite, whicih was SO unfair to Joey. I don't know where his head is somethimes, but he's not always right. That woman wasn't acting in the best interest of her grandchild. She was using her daughter to 'get even' with her son-in-law!!! Both mother and daughter need to grow up and get a life!! Stop using the baby as a pawn!! If you get caught alienating your child from the father, YOU could lose custody of that child yourself. He would then get full custody instead of partial custody. THEN how would you feel about your meddling mother?

Replied By: upsydasy on Oct 25, 2013, 12:50PM - In reply to phideaux1961
This guy doesn't even begin to get it.  If your husband cheated on you 2 weeks before the wedding, it's time to cut your losses and run for the hills.  Don't wait until he does it again and again and wonder how you're ever going to be able to trust him.  If all your instincts are telling not to, then what more do your need - an STD?

Replied By: jogirl71 on Oct 25, 2013, 12:41PM
You need to take care of YOU! I have gone through my own affair recovery and only people who have survived this pain can truly know what it is like. Before my husband's affair I would have, without a doubt, said it would be over, he would be out of my life.... But until you live through it you don't understand the pain and heartache and how difficult it is to decide what is best for you your family. With that said, he must earn back your trust and be willing to do WHATEVER it takes to make you feel safe and that you can trust him again. This will take time. It will require him to call you and reassure you where he is and what he is doing for as long as it takes. He needs to answer your questions for as long as it takes until you can put this behind you. He has a lot of work to do make things right again. This may mean doing the same things, making the same reassuring phone calls or texts, and answering the same questions over and over again. Meanwhile you have to take care of you. You need to get your feet under you again and learn that you are an amazing woman and that you can do anything you need to do to take care of you and your family, with or without him. You are definitely suffering from PTSD and you need to heal. I would strongly recommend you go to the "Beyond Affairs" website, it is amazing and it helped me in a way that traditional therapy could not. It is ran by Anne Bercht who was on Dr. Phil at one time discussing her book "My Husband's Affair Became the Best Thing That Happened to Me"  It is filled with true stories by people who have survived an affair, whether they stayed married or divorced. There is something about hearing other people's stories that helps. I will think of you often and hope that you find the strength soon to heal.

Showing 1-10 of total 55 Comments