Twitter Facebook YouTube

2013 Shows

Dr. Phil continues his discussion with Brenda and Drew, who are at odds over the way she says Drew treats Brenda’s children. Brenda claims Drew is abusive to her 14-year-old son and 20-year-old daughter and fears his anger will escalate to the point where he seriously injures them. Drew says he’s just trying to make a man out of Austin, and says Destiny, who is intellectually challenged, is a lot smarter than she leads people to believe, and he wants to prepare them for the real world. Dr. Phil’s wife, Robin, has a strong message for Brenda and confronts Drew about his behavior. And, Dr. Charles Sophy, Medical Director for Los Angeles County Department of Children and Family Services, has a stern warning for both parents. Then, nearly three years ago, Lauren says her 2-year-old daughter was brutally abused and murdered by her stepmother. Hear why she says she blames herself for her baby’s death. Can she heal from such a painful loss?

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: strine on Mar 4, 2014, 12:04AM
Lauren is such a lovely young lady, she couldn't comprehend why someone would burn another person deliberately. Lily knew Lauren never hurt her, Lily felt safe with her parent Lauren, Lauren never failed as a parent while Lily was here and she isn't failing now by telling Lily's story. Lauren is still Lily's Mom. She is speaking for Lily who couldn't tell her what was happening at the time.

It wouldn't have been long before Lily was able to tell Lauren what was happening and her abuser would have known that. Please continue to live your life Lauren, really live otherwise Lily's loss would have been for nothing and our world would lose another person who wouldn't hurt anyone. Her abuser will try for parole in the future and having you here to speak for her is Lily's greatest gift now.

You speak for her Lauren and other people will stand beside you so Lily can yell that absue is wrong, what happened to her was wrong, that woman never deserves to be out having a life because SHE failed as a parent.

Lauren you have never failed. 

Replied By: crgray on Nov 15, 2013, 2:21PM
I could not stop thinking about Lily after seeing the show. Having 2 small children of my own I cannot imagine the pain that Lauren has felt. The anger towards the step mother consumed me and I could not help but think about myself in Lauren's shoes. I pray that she knows that during those last moments of Lily's life she was not alone. God was by her side the whole time. His heart breaks when people do evil to his children. He was holding her and comforting her while she was here and now she is laughing and dancing in heaven. I pray that Lauren finds comfort in knowing that Lily's heavenly father was holding her hand the whole time. We never know why the Lord allows evil to happen to us while we are here, but know that it breaks his heart just as much as it breaks ours. Some people chose to do evil things and I will never understand how someone can do evil to a child. Stories like this make me so grateful for heaven. I am praying for you, Lauren. Lily is in a much better place.

Replied By: cupid2011 on Nov 14, 2013, 1:40PM
Google has come out with a neck tatoo that has multiple functions.  Could possibly be used on babies when the mother suspects child abuse is happening to her baby as in the case of Lauren, who was unable to protect her 2 year old baby.  Google:   google tatoo for for details. 

I also heard a woman talk about an idea she has.  A helmet with a camera for kids too young to own a cell phone.  The camera allows the parents to keep an eye on their kids 24 hours a day.  This would again be useful in cases where mom's suspect child abuse is happening to their babies.  

Replied By: yazmataz on Oct 31, 2013, 2:01PM
Having a little daughter myself, I was horrified by Lauren's story. A beautiful young lady, and a gorgeous little girl. I know Dr. Phil didn't want to say this because of this young woman's overwhelming grief, but I must ask the logical question... Why did Lauren keep bringing her child back to that house when it was quite obvoius to her that that poor lttle girl was being viciously abused? The excuse of her " mind not going there" as Dr. Phil stated does not cut it. He just finished scolding the woman in the prior story on the same show for " not protecting her children." The same holds here. So sad. Yazmataz

Replied By: sallinson on Oct 27, 2013, 2:13AM
Why on earth are these parents not charged with anything. The proof is right there. How many yrs does this kids have to live with this? The parents need to know what it feels like to be hurt like that.

Replied By: imamosaic on Oct 25, 2013, 5:04PM - In reply to upsydasy
>>One last thing that I would like to say to those who begin their posts by writing: “I would never participate on a message board, but I just have to say …” That declaration hardly makes your entry sound more important or interesting to those of us who regularly take the time to write down our thoughts and exchange ideas.  In fact it makes you sound like a self-important snob.  I always skip reading those anyway - pffft. <<

So funny.  Why don't you tell us what you really think?

Mosaic - who agrees totally with the whole post, but who can't wait to use "pffft" smile

Replied By: isaac18 on Oct 25, 2013, 4:00PM
Wow today's show, very upsetting. This man who is abusing these children is disgusting! Disgusting. He has no intentions of changing. The most disturbing is the mom who allows it. That women I'm sorry is not a mother. She is insecure and chooses to put her kids through hell for her man at there expense.

Replied By: octoberjudge on Oct 24, 2013, 10:32PM - In reply to lincolnar
Tammy, I just wanted to agree with your question and say ditto.  Lily was severely sexually abused just before her death...did her father do it?  I wish your question would be answered.  Octoberjudge

IN THE CASE WHERE THE 2 YEAR OLD WAS MURDERED BY THE STEPMOM ,, WHAT ROLE DID THE DAD PLAY IN THIS AND WHERE WAS HE WHEN ALL THIS HAPPENED AND WHY WASN'T HE CONVICTED ALSO?

Replied By: noymfbja on Oct 24, 2013, 5:03PM
I am sorry drPhil you shouldn't help this pile of garbage, being a child abuser you should get your just deserts fat boy, you want to be a big tough guy and beat up on a handicapped girl or a teenage boy, thats not even your own, threatening is just as bad as doing the act of beating up, the type of help you need is being taken out in the back nine and beaten with-in an inch of your life, then maybe, if your pea brain could comprehend it, you would understand what harm your doing to those children, personally I would love to do it for you. You didnt hit "your daughters" arm that hard, I would love to hit you not that hard just to show you what your doing, but for one your not worth my time or spit. To the children, Press charges, to the wife leave this piece of crap, your children deserve better. As for you, your opinion means nothing to me so keep it to yourself cause your just on earth to swallow air, do the world a favor and pull your lip over your bald fathead jackass. Sorry DrPhil I have no use for child abusers....

Replied By: patcaribbean on Oct 24, 2013, 2:15PM
Why was Amanda's mother so involved in her marriage,  if Joey is the children's father why did she encourage her daughter to not put his name on the birth certificate. That is so sad.that Amanda's mother is so involved with their lives.

Showing 1-10 of total 135 Comments