Twitter Facebook YouTube

2013 Shows

Allan says he desperately wants a relationship with his 38-year-old twin daughters, Carol and Christine, whom he says he’s been at odds with since their mother died in a car accident more than 10 years ago. He says he hasn’t seen his daughters in nearly four years, but that hasn’t stopped them from verbally attacking him and his new wife, Veronica, through nasty letters, phone messages and e-mails. Carol and Christine say their father is a selfish man who never mourned their mother’s death -- and moved on and married Veronica without their consent. Did Allan turn his back on his family? And, why do the sisters say they don’t approve of Veronica? When Dr. Phil brings this fractured family together, can he help them to find forgiveness and repair their relationships?

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: thylacine on Oct 28, 2013, 3:33PM
It is obvious that everyone in the family is still hurting over the death of their beloved wife, mother and grandmother. All have behaved badly but the father, by not even willing to apologize, shows that he needs to do the most work to start healing his family. He needs to step up as the family elder, no matter how difficult  that may be. 

This story is almost exactly like the one I am currently experiencing with my own family, but with one crucial difference. The new wife in my family is a narcissist and so is the widowed father.  She has inflamed the situation, rather than trying to be a positive influence on her husband and step family. She thrives on drama and being the center of attention. Quite unlike Vernica, who seems to be the only calm one in that family. I wish Veronica well and hope that she is able to help the father mend his family.  

Replied By: adamson60 on Oct 27, 2013, 7:19PM - In reply to gogoaphi
Absolutely!

Replied By: adamson60 on Oct 27, 2013, 7:17PM - In reply to loyalalways
So true! I am with you!

Replied By: adamson60 on Oct 27, 2013, 7:16PM
Carol and Christine are two spoiled brats and the granddaughter is also a brat. The 'girls' are bottomless pits and all they want is their dad's money.  Yes, I said girls, 38 year old teenagers, GROW UP. They thought they were going to get a big chunk of the insurance money and they are mad and yes delusional! No matter what he does for them, it will never be enough. Ten years and still grieving? Yes they are but not about MOMMY, it is all about the MONEY. Allan and Veronica should enjoy their life and they certainly do not need the daughters's approval. Dr. Phil, you are off base on this one.

Replied By: jensie on Oct 27, 2013, 12:49AM
I feel so sorry for these girls. I felt like the father had no love, no caring, no empathy for his daughters.  Him saying that their deceased mother want to move away from them, even if true, was just cruel and vile.  If it was said, it was undoubtedly said out of frustration.  He was clearly trying to imply that the deceased mother didn't even love her girls (as a way, I presume, to justify his own selfish, disgusting behavior).  That's just heartless.  They are better off without him.  His wife seemed very kind, she'd be better off without him too.  He deserves to be miserable and alone.

Replied By: lilyv143 on Oct 24, 2013, 11:20PM
The hurt they felt from the death of the mother/wife overwhelmed them all and they all found a way to cope with that pain. Dad remarried and the children started to blame the one parent that survived . There is a lack of mature and rational thinking here. Feel bad for New wife good luck trying to fit in.

Replied By: loyalalways on Oct 24, 2013, 8:31PM - In reply to cjc702
Well said!! I couldn't have said it better. The girls behaved like immature, spoiled brats.

Replied By: mad_hatter68 on Oct 24, 2013, 12:15PM
I don't know that it was so bad that the father wanted to explain some of the circumstances behind comments being made.  For instance, the granddaughter said that she no longer had a grandfather since he remarried.  Her grandfather explained that until he moved, he did see her on weekends, etc.  Then, Dr. Phil chastised him for wanting to set things straight saying that her perception was her reality. Sometimes people need a reality check and maybe their perception will be altered.  Dr. Phil would remind the father that the girls were lashing out because they were hurt.  Hello, maybe the father was acting out for the same reason.  I agree that the father could have handled things much better, but the twins were not all that they appeared to be either, Dr. Phil.

Replied By: ctirish on Oct 24, 2013, 9:27AM - In reply to catekendall070
It is so obvious to me that  Catekendall is a man and possibly could be the father from this show.   You think that fathers have the right to do anything after they divorce or are a widower.  Forget about the feelings of his children or the mother of his children. 

You know when you do that, you end up alone. 

You only see your grandchildren on special events - maybe ever couple of years. Your children won't cross the street to say hello. The only time they show up is if you are in the hospital, an accident or arrested.  I hope you live a long long life so you know what alone feels like. 

I have seen so many people like you and it always ends up the same... they die alone without family or friends. 

Replied By: ctirish on Oct 24, 2013, 9:16AM
This father is the delusional one.  Men like this are so self absorbed that the only thing that matters is what they want in their life.  He doesn't have a clue what it is like to lose a parent in your twenties, especially a mother that loved her daughters.  He mentioned he worked for the police.  Police officers have such a different view of people and life.  They believe that if they don't take the other person, they will be out.  

His wife dies and he behaves like a typical cop, his attitude is I get to do what I saw other cops do his whole life, get a younger woman.  He wants his girls to like this new woman he brings home and moves into the house they lived in with their mother.   There is nothing worse than a man who surprises his children of any age with a girlfriend without discussing it with his children. He should sit them down and say,  I've met someone and I going to pursue a serious relationship with her.

He said he lives on a pension and Social Security,  he didn't save any money for retirement??  Really.... The look on his face when his granddaughter started speaking was rediculous.  His whole attitude was I am not letting her saying anything about me that isn't true with evidence.

He lies so much, no one leaves Florida for a cheaper place to live. There isn't anywhere cheaper to live.

There is no surprise that his daughters have to yell at him to get his attention.  He treats them like they were an obligation because of their mother and now that she is gone they should be gone too.  HE  DOESN'T GET IT AND MAY NEVER GET IT.   HE OWES THEM A HUGE APOLOGY AND YET, DOES HE DO IT.... NOT A COP...

Showing 1-10 of total 244 Comments