Twitter Facebook YouTube

2013 Shows

Lisa says she can’t choose between her boyfriend of one year -- or her husband of 26 years, Rick. She claims Rick is verbally abusive, controlling and has held her against her will -- and she never would’ve cheated if he treated her better. Rick says he’ll do anything -- from bribing his wife with gifts to forcing her into his car and driving off -- to keep her from this other man, but nothing seems to work. Lisa says she’s tried to break it off with her boyfriend several times, but she just can’t let him go. Lisa and Rick’s grown children, Alexa, 25, and Jordan, 20, say they are disgusted by their mom’s behavior, and they’re tired of being pulled into the middle of the drama. Will this couple fix their marriage or call it quits? Whom will Lisa choose: her boyfriend or her husband?

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: deblynch2 on Oct 21, 2013, 12:56PM
these people are morally BANKRUPT, don't blame dr. phil for being hard on them, someone should  be. good job dr. phil

Replied By: lomiqu on Oct 21, 2013, 10:15AM
I had an affair that ended my marriage. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't live with the regret and guilt of what I did to destroy my family.  Yes, we were having problems before the affair and yes mistakes were made by both of us beforehand. We went to counseling and really worked hard. I thought we were on our way back on track when I made a huge mistake one night after having too much to drink. Being inexperienced, I thought that I had to be in love with this other man. That relationship was disastrous, of course. 

I know that i have to forgive myself and move on but it's difficult and it's a conscious choice I have to make every morning when I wake up. But it's not something I can tell anyone else as a warning. Some people just have to experience it for themselves before they will wake up and realize what a mistake they made/are making. 

I do wish all parties the best.

Replied By: lomiqu on Oct 21, 2013, 10:09AM - In reply to gam238
I agree. Every time he has a troubled teen on there he berates the parents. Yes, I'm sure they made mistakes but we can't control EVERYTHING our kids do. Come on! Just because you have perfect kids, Dr. Phil doesn't mean the rest of us haven't done our jobs!

Replied By: lateharvest on Oct 19, 2013, 8:59PM

In the words of the renowned  Kenny Rogers...You got'a know when to hold  'em and know when to fold  'em...         It's time to FOLD 'EM !!!    Not all relationships can be repaired.

Replied By: gam238 on Oct 19, 2013, 11:34AM - In reply to mooning1941
I agree with you 100%.  Dr. Phil seems to get nastier to his "guests" every year.  As a matter of fact, I have recently considered just not watching the show any longer because of all the yelling.  It upsets me just to listen to him yell at his guests.  But people were postings about his rudeness just last year, and there has been no change.  I guess I can only change myself, and this has given me the impetus to change what I watch.  Thx.

Replied By: imamosaic on Oct 19, 2013, 11:01AM
Well, she needs attention from her husband, and she gets it by dating.  He chases and obcesses over her.  He doesn't want a divorce, she doesn't want a divorce, the kids aren't a issue for either of them.  The kids seem to have taken the father's side and are miserable.  Nobody cares.

This is very dysfunctional but on some level (albeit a very low level) this is working for them.  I don't have much hope that they will respond well to counseling. . .but, we'll see.

Mosaic- who is only mildly interested in people like this.

Replied By: mooning1941 on Oct 19, 2013, 1:52AM
I've notice more and more Dr Phil makes crude inappropriate remarks towards mostly female guests.  These designed to amuse the audience at the guests expense. For example that poor woman on today.  Obviously if she had a loving caring husband and children she wouldn't need to go to strangers for validation and attention. They clearly don't respect her.  Having an affair isn't a valid reason to demonstrate rudeness.

In fact, just because Phil is a busy TV show host and doctor of sorts doesn't give him license to be rude to anyone. I don't know why people  puts up with it. I wouldn't..

Replied By: ajdiaz3306 on Oct 18, 2013, 11:21PM - In reply to gam238
I do know what that is like in a relationship. You can believe it or not and don't tell me not to read the comments. It's not upsetting me. I'm simply stating the truth as I'm there to witness alot of this. And he is very attentive to her and shows her love. She is bored and thinks its a joke or whatever. But anyways you don't know what really goes on so please spare me the negativity. And in my old relationship of eight years when it got to that point I left not cheated. That is my only point. It's not ok to cheat. I think the world of my mom as far as who she used to be. Growing up she was the best but now she is a totally different person and this Guy has her cussing us out talking down on us and he threatens me even a female in front of her and she doesn't care. that's why right now I'm not speaking so highly of her. She is a diff person altogether. Get it? K good.

Replied By: gam238 on Oct 18, 2013, 4:44PM - In reply to ajdiaz3306
Judging by your reply, it is obvious that you love your father.  But your mother has stated that she does not.  You may even think that your father is the greatest person the world has ever known, but if your mother doesn't love him anymore, it's time for them to divorce.  Perhaps, if you end up in a loveless marriage one day, you will understand better.  I did note that there was little to nothing nice said about your mother by you.  That kind of shows where your loyalty lies.  I will add that I am sorry that you have to be a part of this entire mess.  Further, since many people who have had real life experiences with similar situations will be commenting, it might be better if you didn't read any of these comments since they can only serve to upset you further.

Replied By: jennef on Oct 18, 2013, 4:35PM - In reply to wingingit03
Here's an old rhyme that I've never forgotten :

"Roses are red, violets are blue ;

It's best to be off wth the Old Love

Before you are on with the New."

Lot of truth in that !

Showing 1-10 of total 112 Comments