Twitter Facebook YouTube

2014 Shows

Lisa says she can’t choose between her boyfriend of one year -- or her husband of 26 years, Rick. She claims Rick is verbally abusive, controlling and has held her against her will -- and she never would’ve cheated if he treated her better. Rick says he will do whatever it takes -- from bribing his wife with gifts to forcing her into his car and driving off -- to keep her from this other man. Lisa says she has tried to break it off with her boyfriend several times, but she just can’t let him go. Lisa and Rick’s grown children, Alexa, 25, and Jordan, 20, say they are disgusted by their mom’s behavior, and they’re tired of being pulled into the middle of the drama. Will this couple fix their marriage or call it quits? Whom will Lisa choose: her boyfriend or her husband? (OAD: 10-17-13)

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: loyalalways on Jul 30, 2014, 6:00PM - In reply to gadoll1
I agree with you. Being humans, most people have a hard time seeing what's in the mirror. Abusers, whether it's a male or a female, always blame the other person. I think in their hearts they truly believe it, too. Dr. Phil is very good at getting people to see things for what the Dr. Phil show. If the people are willing to work at it, Dr. Phil is always willing to find someone to help everyone. I wish he'd do updates on some of these people. The only one I've seen is Julie.

Replied By: alwaysaskeptic on Jul 30, 2014, 2:41PM - In reply to loyalalways
...every time there is a show about a woman (remember the title is "My Husband, My Boyfriend, My Big Decision) and her behaviour is subject to Dr. Phil's scrutiny, you and others do nothing but make excuses for her while trying to refocus the spotlight on the husband, the boyfriend or whatever man you can find in your determination that it must be him who's actually the worst offender? You can "just tell" that he's a master manipulator, an oppressive controller, a sex addict, a physical and emotional abuser and everything else under the sun, thus excusing the woman's behaviour.

This particular woman is now in her third affair, that she admits to, and pretty much behaves like a single woman in flaunting her affair openly to her family and around town. What was it you said the other day about the sanctity of marital vows being made to God? Was this man the perfect husband? Not by a long shot, but what is your personal agenda in constantly excusing any woman of her bad behaviour while totally vilifying any man for his? Personally, I believe that everyone should be held accountable for their decisions and actions, be they male, female or parakeet.

Replied By: spiros206 on Jul 30, 2014, 10:39AM
He was pretty quiet during the show & I think there is more going on here than we saw. Personally I think they should divorce & stay well away from each other. She quiet clearly cannot be trusted & she does not seem to be ashamed of what she is doing either. He has also been unfaithful BUT supposidly that was 14 years ago & he is not proud of it either.

Replied By: loyalalways on Jul 29, 2014, 11:07PM - In reply to lilzanna
You have some very good points. It appears that this man is very controlling of this woman. We only see a very small portion of their life on the show. Just some of the things they talked about on this show makes me think that she was at her wit's end with him. She was wrong to have an affair, but, It really sounds like she wasn't getting any kind of love or respect from him. He's upset with her because she had an affair, but it appears that he's OK with the fact that he's had the affairs and was the first to stray. She didn't deserve to get all the blame. Dr. Phil should have talked more about HIS affairs.

I do think he loves her, but, he either doesn't know how show it or he was raised to believe that the man is "the king", so to speak. I don't think he's evil. Hopefully they'll both get help to work things out. I'm sure they love one another, but, they just need to deal with their problems in order for their marriage to work. Bu, he has to acknowledge his part in the problems, too. He is just as  much to blame and then he involved the kids to make matters worse.

Replied By: faye4faye on Jul 29, 2014, 7:33PM - In reply to alwaysaskeptic
I'm so sorry for your health issues. I have them too! Horrible is such a strong word. People leave the marriage for so many reasons, and most are just missing something in theirs.  I believe marriages can be saved regardless of cheating. If you try to work on it, but that couple wasn't doing anything but making drama, and as I said before, they seemed to like it! Hope you feel better.

Replied By: faye4faye on Jul 29, 2014, 7:27PM
This is my first post here! Yay! This couple had me signing up. I wanted to chim in here. This couple seems to be thriving on this drama within their marriage. Why would he allow this? I didn't feel the show explained this. This really can't be love. Maybe he didn't want to be alone.

Replied By: loyalalways on Jul 29, 2014, 3:14AM - In reply to mooning1941
I've thought that, too. Whenever there's a troubled teen, it always the mother who's blamed. Maybe if the father hadn't left the family the kid wouldn't have problems. The fathers are never brought up. Even when both parents are there or just a father, Dr. Phil doesn't say as much as he does to just a mother. I saw one show where the father had custody of the kids, but the mother lived 1500 miles away. He found a way to blame the mother for not taking her kids out of the chaotic home. He's a very kind, smart man, so I just don't get why he does that.

Replied By: shadsma on Jul 29, 2014, 1:47AM - In reply to cdrens
and may i add she should leave her bf as well. imho she will probably find a reason to cheat on him as well. She needs to find herself as a person or she will never know what she wants.

Replied By: alwaysaskeptic on Jul 28, 2014, 8:57PM - In reply to briancud
to hear about your medical challenges and the heartbreak you've suffered at the hands of your estranged wife. I have to ask what prompted you to accept being thrown out of your own home? You had just as much right to be there as she did. Men have got to realize that they have rights and don't necessarily have to obey when their woman orders them to clear out. It's no surprise she's balking at a fair division of assets, considering her first move was to cut you out completely. My friend, you deserve far more than the other half of a sofa! It's good to know you're standing up to her.

Replied By: alwaysaskeptic on Jul 28, 2014, 8:00PM - In reply to lilzanna
...all you board certified psychologists and psychiatrists take time out from your professional practices to not only watch the Dr. Phil show but also proffer your diagnoses here on the message boards.

Showing 1-10 of total 170 Comments