Twitter Facebook YouTube

2013 Shows

Holly says her 24-year-old sister, Andrea, is an intimidating bully who verbally and physically attacks people -- including complete strangers -- and her behavior is ruining their relationship. Holly says she’s been feeling the wrath of her sister’s anger since they were kids -- when she would lock herself in another room to avoid Andrea’s aggression. Now, Holly says Andrea embarrasses her with her mean comments and nasty confrontations when they’re out in public, and she’s tired of walking on eggshells around her sibling. Andrea admits that she’s judgmental and angry but says she enjoys the rush of power whenever she erupts, which makes her feel “fearless,” “strong” and “unstoppable.” Dr. Phil faces off with Andrea. What’s at the root of her anger? Will she let down her guard and work toward healing the wounds of her past -- and mend her relationship with her sister? This program contains strong language. Viewer discretion advised.

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: scvblwxq on Jan 10, 2014, 11:46PM
What can people do for those you can't afford a psychiatrist?

Replied By: cupid2011 on Dec 3, 2013, 1:24PM - In reply to kingzander
Some become permiscous as adults

some become anorexic

some become bullies

ETC, ETC,

Replied By: cupid2011 on Dec 3, 2013, 1:21PM - In reply to coodles83
I especially like you're analogy about getting angry at someone with diabetes.

Replied By: coodles83 on Dec 2, 2013, 8:32PM - In reply to scvblwxq
Thank you. I found myself getting enraged with this show. I am a nurse and had a more experienced nurse ask me once "would you get frustrated and mad at someone with diabetes? Mental illness is still an illness". I think I feel sorry for her more than loathe her. Buy thank you for your comment. Very well stated.

Replied By: scvblwxq on Dec 2, 2013, 5:39PM - In reply to kingzander
Your guess of the number of people molested seems about the same as a guess of the number of bullies. In some cases the abuse occurred as children and became a part of the persons subconscious.

Replied By: scvblwxq on Dec 2, 2013, 5:24PM - In reply to banksoftheohio
It is a medical condition called narcissistic personality disorder caused by abuse or neglect as a child with no one that would help. She learned to fear people and not to trust them and that being agressive was the best way to keep dangerous people away.  Unfortunately it became part of her subconscious and now keeps everyone away. She could no more change to being nice to everyone than you could change to being mean to everyone, though with therapy she hopefully will find a better way.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissistic_personality_disorder

Replied By: traceycb76 on Nov 30, 2013, 8:36PM
This young lady has been perpetuating the pain and abuse that she is completely smothered in. First reactions to her foul mouth and attitude tend toward wanting to smack her, but it's clear that she is lost.

I hope that she will find peace and stop ruining her own life. God bless Dr. Phil and those he works with for offering a chance to this girl to stop running away from her issues.

Replied By: banksoftheohio on Nov 30, 2013, 8:22PM
I saw this episode when it first came out--that is to say, I watched part of it and then I had to turn it off.
People are making excuses, that's what I hear.  Everyone has "issues" but we all don't hide behind those issues to hurt other people.  If you need to hurt someone, HURT THE ONE WHO HURT YOU, not family members or the public in general.  I have no sympathy for Andrea and people like her.  And like someone else said before, she'd better back up that attitude because someone is bound to smack that tubby little you-know-what to the ground where it belongs.  I don't condone violence but you reap what you sow.

Replied By: bigfanatic on Nov 30, 2013, 3:31PM
I heard her say to Dr. Phil that she wants to stop being mean, but doesn't know how.  If Dr. Phil helps her she will be just fine.

Replied By: cupid2011 on Nov 29, 2013, 3:52PM - In reply to jennef
Especially by the time we get old.  We should have recovered from the bullying we received many years ago.  I think a lot of people are still suffering from the bullying because they drink or use drugs that interfere with the healing process.

Showing 1-10 of total 118 Comments