Twitter Facebook YouTube

2014 Shows

(Original Air Date: 09/27/13) Nichole says her husband, Don, gets violent when he’s drunk -- and the police are often called to their house. She claims he’s bitten her, given her two black eyes, threatened her with a knife and even punched her in the stomach when she was pregnant. Don admits that he takes his anger out on his wife but insists he’s never physically abused her -- or else he’d be in jail. What does he say causes him to lash out? And, can Dr. Phil help calm the chaos for the sake of their five children? Then, Theresa and her husband, Steve, say their 23-year-old son, Steven’s, rage is out of control, and they fear for their lives. Theresa says Steven was pushing her, spitting on her, throwing objects at her and threatening to kill them every day -- until three months ago, when after an altercation, Steven was arrested and a judge placed a no contact order against him. Now, with the no contact order lifted, they face their son on Dr. Phil’s stage. Hear what Steven has to say about his behavior. Can Dr. Phil help this family resolve the conflict and find peace? Plus, hear from two victims of a terrifying road rage incident that was caught on tape.

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: wingingit03 on Jan 7, 2014, 1:02PM
I was married to one of those and eventually his claims that he didn't remember when he was violent proved to be just lies. Some people will do anything to get away with whatever they want and feel sorry for themeselves when they are the ones causing most if not all of the grief. Grow up and get some integrity!

Replied By: cupid2011 on Jan 2, 2014, 12:17PM - In reply to renoalaska
Not anything close to being spoiled.  THEY CAN'T FEND FOR THEMSELVES IN ANY SHAPE OR FORM.  They have no coping skills either.  They have no self confidence that they can take care of themselves.  They also won't get the opportunity to gain any survival skills if their parents don't push them out of the nest. This absolutely is not spoiled.  Only selfish parents who are only looking out for their own emotional needs and neglecting their children

Replied By: renoalaska on Jan 2, 2014, 3:45AM
So many parents have spoiled their kids rotten & then wonder why they won't move out. When I gradusted from high school my dad gave me three choices: 1. Go to college, 2. Work & pay rent, 3. Move out.

Parents are not doing this anymore. What do they expect? Somehow I knew by the time I was 18 I was going to be out on my own. Put these kids in the Air Force or Navy. Chances are they won't get killed but I guarantee you they will get a lesson in life.

Replied By: angelheart03 on Jan 1, 2014, 5:19PM - In reply to cleaninglady51
Excellent advice I agree with you 100%

Replied By: gratefulgramma on Jan 1, 2014, 5:19PM - In reply to leslie190
As a parent, you can't just go and take them away. I tried for 3 yrs to help my daughter before she finally had enough. Luckily she made it out with relatively minor damage compared to others. She "left" him several times, only to return by the next day. She was 18 at the time, so I could not force her home. She never reported anything.

We have an excellent violence protection program in our area and they helped herget out and stay out.

Replied By: dann9283 on Jan 1, 2014, 5:17PM
He keeps talking  about the pain and anger , your taking way too long to get to it.

Replied By: angelheart03 on Jan 1, 2014, 5:16PM - In reply to rennie46
Please don't call him a "kid" .... He is a 23 year old man!

Replied By: angelheart03 on Jan 1, 2014, 5:13PM
This family has a spoiled rotten 23 year old terrorist for a son.  Why does everyone always make excuses for these young adults that feel entitled, and do not take any responsibility for their actions?  They need to cut him loose and make him leave their home. This is destructive for these parents, and not fair.  Depression.... Are you kidding? Give me a break!  Just more excuses for these young adults to walk all over their parents, not work,and always expecting a hand-out.  When is enough enough?  Save yourselves and throw him out!  I am depressed too, but guess what...I pay my own way, respect others, and take full responsibility for my actions always, since I was 19.  So should this punk.

Replied By: leslie190 on Jan 1, 2014, 4:42PM
I watched most of today's program, and became angrier by the minute, myself, watching the (family) stories on the show.  Also, to be fair, I will preface my comments by admitting that I am sure there is more to each story than what the audience was allowed to see, and it's "easy" to judge from one's livingroom.

1) In the first story of the alcoholic, abusive husband & suffering wife: The wife (Nicole?) needs to immediately leave him in the dust! There are no more chances nor excuses unless she is trying to be a martyr.  As one person already posted-when you have started to tape the abusive episodes you've stayed too long!  If she were truly weak/isolated/ no family...it'd be one thing.  However, the fact that her own fathergot involved at one point, & even called the cops on the husband (if I recall correctly) speaks volumes! As a father, why in hell would you not remove your daughter & grandchild from this abusive situation  yourself??!!  Another commenter got upset at Dr. Phil for saying something to Nicole about taking the hint, or similar.  Well, no, sometimes "tough love"/blunt honesty is the only way to get someone to listen! Seriously, why would she (repeatedly) keep returning/giving this self-centered, immature, pathetic excuse for a man-no- human being? Is she just a fool, or JUST asking to die?  For love? Oh, please! And her son? Nicole already admitted this child hits her in the face! REALLY? Enough is enough! Each of these people needs to get help, be honest with themselves, and be proactive grownups!  Talk is cheap! The husband sat & "yessed" Dr. Phil over & over, said all the "right things", and meant none of it.  Let's be real-if he was a true man in the best sense of the word, & "loved" his family as he mouthed, he'd have already sought help, and the parents/inlaws of these two would have intervened long ago, if at least for the grandchild's sake! They all knew it had been going on, yet everyone stood by & "let" Nicole become a human punching bag? Again, really??!! Who's kidding whom?

Replied By: safe2exhale on Jan 1, 2014, 4:19PM
I left my husband in Oct. 2011.  That could have been my story today.  That man could have been my husband.  He is an alcholic and she needs to leave.  The blackouts and behavior will remain long after the alcohol leaves his body.  I wanted to reach out to Dr. Phil when I was going through this but was afraid I would be dead before I could even do anything.  My ex's previous wife died and everyone was shocked she had died and he had her cremated in 1 and 1/2 days and then told everyone she had passed.  So I think I was one lucky woman.  I left the state and filed charges in my own state and had to go back to the state where he had not only threatened to kill me not once but twice and then after some thought, he was going to kill both of us.  He raped and verbally abused me.  Thank God for my friends, family, DV unit and the State Police in Delaware for their help and the police department where I know live.  I am one lucky woman.  I don't have even half of what I had but I am alive.

Showing 1-10 of total 65 Comments