Twitter Facebook YouTube

2013 Shows

(Original Air Date: 09/26/13) Jules says she was living the high life without a worry in the world -- but everything changed after her husband filed for divorce, and later for bankruptcy. Jules says she’s now unemployed, at least half a million dollars in debt and facing eviction -- and claims she’s not seeing a dime from her ex. She insists that she only wants what’s “fair” for herself and her kids -- but are her expectations too high? Dr. Phil enlists the help of Larry Winget, author of Grow a Pair, to give Jules some tough advice about downsizing and supporting herself. Will she be open to changing her lifestyle? And, 28-year-old self-proclaimed “mama’s boy” Steven is unemployed, in debt and in no rush to leave home. He says his parents pay all the bills, and his mom cooks, does his laundry -- and even powders him after he showers. Are they helping their son or hurting him? Larry makes a house call to see the situation first-hand. Is Steven ready to leave the nest, or will it always be a party of three?

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: paulab12 on Jan 11, 2014, 7:50AM
At one point she says she can't afford to live where  the children are now.  It sounds like they are living  either independ life or with their father if she doesn't have the children why should she get child support?

Replied By: cupid2011 on Dec 30, 2013, 3:21PM - In reply to tamaralesl
I wish Dr. Phil could help you get in touch with her.   Have you tried contacting Dr. Phil at one of his contact list?  MY BEST WISHES TO BOTH OF YOU THAT YOU MAY CONNECT.

Replied By: tamaralesl on Dec 29, 2013, 9:47PM
I am not sure if my comment made it to you,

PLEASE comment me at tamaraleslie@hotmail.com

I am no longer a practicing attorney, but I have years of experience in bankruptcy, halted by family law court filings, and lying executives - including my ex.  I can tell you what I did.

Best - Tamara

Replied By: tamaralesl on Dec 29, 2013, 9:40PM
Dear Jules,

I am no longer an attorney, but I can tell you what I would do in your position as a woman, having gone through it!!!!!  I can tell you step by step what I did.

tamaraleslie@hotmail.com

Replied By: cupid2011 on Dec 29, 2013, 9:18AM - In reply to paulab12
although he is wealthy, but he more than likely hides his money. Read previous posts from other posters for a better understanding of what I'm writing you.

Replied By: paulab12 on Dec 28, 2013, 4:47AM - In reply to drstove
I find it unbelievable that no one on the show mentioned that Child Support can NOT be bankrupt. I can understand why Dr. Phil was trying to help the woman accept her present situation, but she is still owed the support that she was awarded. She should not even have to get a lawyer. The Child Support Enforcement Agency should be working in her behalf to collect the support due her. There are two things you can not get out of through bankruptcy, which are school loans and child support.

Ubless the children have gone back to living with dad.  If the child support has stoped because of that   then she is really on her own.    She is in a new relationship so should not get child support.  When she said if she moved she would have to leave the kids behind it sounded to me like they where living with their father.

Replied By: paulab12 on Dec 28, 2013, 4:41AM - In reply to jessie2013
why should she get spousal support when she is in a new relationship?  surely that  means his responsibilities for her are over.

Replied By: zoeygram on Dec 27, 2013, 12:59PM
Jules,  There are two different, very different issues here.

1. Your choice to continue the lifestyle you "deserve" because of your 20 years committment, hard work and devotion to "family."  We all "deserve" the best. However,  as long as you stay rigidly stuck where you chose to stay......."fair", "deserve", "what about me", you have given away all your power and control as you slid into complete bankruptcy.  It's only a matter of time, dear person.
  2. Life is presenting you an opportunity to grow and blossom into your own identity and discover deep in your gut what you are made of.  You are being handed an opportunity to model survivor skills for your children as they will need them.  You are a very handsome, well spoken and smart woman who will discover that letting go of your fears bit by bit won't be all that bad and, welcome to a new wonderful and rewarding life of love, gratitude, harmony and peace within.  This one will take time just as a flower opens to it's full beauty day by day. Oh, by the way, the best revenge is to live well.
But, you can't do both at the same time.  You must choose one and begin it now.  What is your choice?

Take Care,  Mary

Replied By: liane49 on Dec 27, 2013, 11:56AM
a total looser. I know some of it is the parents fault and they only did what they thought was best at the time, but it's time to stop babying him. He needs to loose weight for one thing and have a more positive attitude and stop being lazy. I know he has alot of bad habbits to over come and it might  be too much to take at one time, but he can take baby steps to get better. He needs to get better and start right now. I can't believe he likes his life the way it is, being over weight, being lazy, living at home with no job etc... I'm so glad my parents were not like that. My mother never babyed me like that. I know the women (and husband) thought they weren't doing any harm but now they should see that they are harming him and it's time to let go.

Replied By: jessie2013 on Dec 27, 2013, 11:44AM
I feel sorry for Jules and I have a low income and never bought designer anything. Her monthly income being $14,335. is about $172,000. a year. Her husband is worth 5 million. Her child support/spousal should be at least $1 million + a year. But these rich powerful men can afford to hire lawyers who will get them anything they want. Now he is declaring bankruptcy and he is in for a shock. Because even with bankruptcy, he will still have to pay child support and spousal support and all the back money he owes her.
I don't understand why she hasn't returned to court because her ex is in violation of a court order and can end up in jail if he doesn't start paying. Everyone is telling her to get a job as if her being a homemaker and stay at home mom all those years wasn't work. But that is how our society thinks these days. I was surprised that Dr Phil wasn't upset with her husband for neglecting his own children. It will be very tough for her because she has to make sacrifices she doesn't want to make. But reality will bring her around.

Showing 1-10 of total 201 Comments