Twitter Facebook YouTube

2013 Shows

Controversial rapper DMX opens up to Dr. Phil about his longtime battle with drug addiction, his erratic behavior and multiple headline-making arrests -- so many, he admits he has lost count. How does he explain his most recent arrest for marijuana possession and a streaking incident in a hotel hallway that was caught on tape? Is he still using drugs? And, what -- if anything -- would he change about his past? Then, the rapper, who has 11 children, including seven out of wedlock and another on the way, is in the midst of a divorce after 14 years of marriage, and he’s filed for bankruptcy. What does he say led to his personal and financial problems? Is DMX really troubled or just misunderstood? Plus, tune in to hear why the performer did not want his mother to appear on the show.

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: margareta8 on Apr 26, 2014, 5:55PM
Dr. PHIL, why can't this man have just ONE interview feeling good about himself and not being put down. Yes, we know, we know, he did this and he did that, we already establish that and yes, it is bad but enough of the bullying. We heard it on the news, we saw it on tv, in the newspaper... back in the day. Why can't this man have a break for once? Why list every-little-thing he did bad instead of magnifying of what he does well? Even worse, why did you end his apperance on the show on a bad note??? I mean... com'on now. Can't we focus on that he is turning his life around? Pointing him off the stage was not cool either. Why couldn't you stand with him a sec. just to enjoy ppl's clapping.....? Anyway, I'm a HUGE Dr. Phil fan but this time I was shaking my head. Dr. Phil, be kind to people who are hurting 'cause they need it most. We learned that from YOU! I'm yr straight A student. ~ Greetings from Holland.

Replied By: thebluebaron on Nov 6, 2013, 10:48AM
I saw this show, and felt Dr. Phil gave DMX a PC pass.   Dr. Phil even went so far to tell DMX he is a fan.  Really?!  A fan of a thug who fathers children everywhere and has squandered his fortune.  What about that terrible arrest record.  No tough questions from Dr. Phil!  DMX is a macro cross-section of some of Dr. Phils worst guests. 

Dr. Phil repeatedly played that idiotic Gonna Lose My Mind Up in Here garbage song.  In the song, DMX threatens to hit you in your face with his dix (DMX woring, not mine).  Good to know Dr. Phil as a repected profesional you drive around listening to that grbage where the N word is dropped every third word.

Is like that bad that in order to keep your show via Oprah you have to cater to street thugs?

Replied By: onelifeonelove on Oct 5, 2013, 6:40PM - In reply to isis13
Fair enough. He appeared because his best friend asked him to. His BFF asked because he's worried about him. I just don't think it has anything to do with Illuminati.

Replied By: onelifeonelove on Oct 5, 2013, 6:36PM - In reply to tito2844
I disagree.

Replied By: msjones0226 on Oct 2, 2013, 10:44AM
Wow what a show. He was on Iyana Vanzant and it was a mess, he cursed this women like she was a street walker. I have to say that he looks much better and I hope he stays clean. God bless you DMX and one day at a time...........

Replied By: angelwings831 on Sep 30, 2013, 3:03PM
I am hoping my message will somehow get to you.

I am not a fan of yours. I have heard your music on the radio, and I have heard about you on the news. To me, honestly, it was just another story on the news. But when I saw the Dr. Phil show, I watched as tears fell down my cheeks. I learned in the first part of the show how extremely talented you are. Then, I learned about your very painful past. I am so sorry you had to grow up enduring so much pain and agony. I was physically, mentally, verbally abused as a child, so I know the pain, and the feeling of isolation. I feel the same pain you felt growing up.

If you ever read this message, you might react the same way you did to Dr. Phil on the show. You might say you don't care about what I say because you don't know me. I was happy that Dr . Phil was extending his help to you, but you blew it. You contradicted yourself many times, and I was frustrated with you. You were so lucky to have been invited to the Dr. Phil show, but you didn't even realize that because you came with a big chip over your shoulder.

Your statements were often contradicting because in one breath you said you were grateful for your fans, but in another breath, you said you didn't care what people thought because you don't know them.

I understand you are trying to change, and you have been off of drugs for over a year. You are taking one step at a time, and that is fantastic. I give you credit, and I hope you continue to do that. But what I didn't believe was what you said about your children. You have 11, and another on the way, and you kept defending yourself as a good father. Yes, you might be, but I have three kids and that is TOUGH. I make all kinds of mistakes and it is extremely stressful. So, please don't sit there and tell me you are doing everything you can for all of your children, and your children know you.

Sometimes you have to set your ego aside and face yourself. It is scary, I know that, but you can't go on with your life with that kind of attitude and come out on the other side a winner.    

You are extremely talented. I can tell you are a good person, with a lot of pain in the heart. You sincerely want to make things okay, and you are trying to keep a good relationsihp with your mother. All of these things are to be praised about you. But I do hope that you will see everything for what it is, and get the help you truly deserve. Everyone deserves to be happy, and that includes you. Happy person does not feel the need to be so defensive. And your face, looks so sad, and that made me cry, too.

I am sending you a prayer, that one day soon, your broken, scarred heart will be completely healed. I hope that one day you will find true happiness in life. It's okay to cry, scream, and let it all out. Just don't harm yourself anymore, and for the love of god, please don't let your pain be your children's pain, too.

Sincerely, Tesh         

Replied By: tbonet on Sep 27, 2013, 1:23PM
I enjoyed the show with DMX.  I do believe he has some unresolved issues with addiction.   I liked alot of the things he had to say about not defining himself by what others feel about him.    That what he feels about himself is all that is important to him.   The odds were against him early on with exposure to drugs at a very young age.  I like the music and really enjoy when i can just read the lyrics.      I saw DMX on the special with Iyanla Vanzant and he has a very exposive temper.   He does not like to be confronted or put on the spot.  If my recollection was correct his son was on the show and trying to connect with his Dad.   DMX showed love for his son.  He was disrespectful to Iyanla.   Too bad for him and his son.   I love the work that Iyanla does and have learned a great deal from her work like I do from Dr. Phil.    DMX reminds me of a Tiger Cub, they are cute,  however they are both just too unpredictable for me.

Replied By: stomprud on Sep 27, 2013, 11:07AM
I was very dissapointed that you had DMX on your show.  He is arogent and misleading to our youth.  I feel like you only had him on because he's a "celebrity".  Now he has more exposure and does not deserve it.  Let's get our values back in this country.  Please do not promote people like him.  I watch your show everyday. Thanks you for your consideration.

Replied By: esterstar on Sep 27, 2013, 9:28AM - In reply to esterstar
You stated "Daddy belongs to the world."

Mt 16:24-27

Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.
For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.
For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?
For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.

Replied By: jennysgram on Sep 27, 2013, 5:35AM - In reply to homeimps
It still takes two to make a baby.  The women having these children with DMX bear responsibility just as much as he does.  Seems like there's no rational thinking on either side(s) when it comes to procreating.

Showing 1-10 of total 195 Comments