Twitter Facebook YouTube

2013 Shows

Nathan and Jacy say their 16-year-old daughter, Valencia, is making poor choices, including dropping out of school, abusing drugs and dating a 25-year-old, who they say contributes to the teen’s dangerous behavior. They claim that David uses drugs with Valencia, makes vulgar comments and has threatened them with violence. Sparks fly as the parents sit down with David for the first time on Dr. Phil’s stage. Does David think he’s putting Valencia in harm’s way? Then, Nathan and Jacy talk about their struggles with controlling their daughter -- and Nathan makes a shocking confession. Is he crossing the line when disciplining Valencia? What does Dr. Phil say this family must do to get back on track? Plus, Nick Carter is back with a special performance -- dedicated to Valencia.

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: nicholaskeeton on Jan 4, 2014, 7:31PM
When I first met Valencia.... Well, I thought she was a lesbian. Guess not. She came into Center for Discovery (residential treatment center we stayed at) very scared and angry that she had been sent there. She didn't know what to expect. It was so sudden, they sent her straight from the studio to Center for Discovery. Almost immediately, though, she began to make friends, with everybody in the house. Nobody did not like Valencia. She was absolutley the sweetest girl you will ever meet. She had an angry side, but it only came about when it was nescessary. She was usually the jokester, she made everybody laugh. She was the the sweetest girl I have ever met, and I am blessed to have known her.

Anyways, at our time there at CFD I watched her grow and blossom into a mature young woman, even sweeter and funnier than before. While we were there together, we were very close, and when it was my time to go we were very sad, as we come from opposite sides of the country. During my goodbye group, we exchanged some tears, and she took a little souvineer from her time at the Dr. Phil studio, a red, heart shaped stressball, with Dr. Phil written accross it in white. She ripped it in half, gave me one half and told me, "I don't want you to ever let go of this. This isn't goodbye"

A few weeks later, she was also dischrged, and I called her home phone and she seemed to be doing very well. Even better than when I left CFD. We still talk on the phone from time to time, her boyfriend is in jail now, I believe. She is doing better than ever.

Here, on the opposite coast, I still have this half a heart, which is a constant reminder that one day, I will see one of the greatest friends I have ever known yet again. I love you, Valencia. :)

Replied By: nicholaskeeton on Jan 4, 2014, 7:11PM
Okay, I'll be honest, when I first met her, I thought she was a lesbian too. She came into Center for Discovery (the mental health residential treatment center we were in together), and she very quickly became friends with everybody. Valencia is one of the sweetest, funniest girls I have ever met and I am blessed to know her. At Center for Discovery, we became very close, Valencia and I. Almost inseperable. When I left, during my goodby group, we exchanegs some tears, and she took a souvineer from her Dr. Phil episode, a heart shaped stress ball, and ripped it in half, and gave one half to me and told me, "I don't want you to ever let go of this. This isn't goodbye"

A few weeks later, she was also discharged, and she seemed to be doing extremely well. Much better than when she came into CFD. We still talk on the phone from time to time, her boyfriend is in jail now I think, and she is doing better than ever. I am so proud of her. here, in California, on the other side of the country I still have this half of a heart, which is a constant reminder that one day I will see one of the greatest friends I have ever known again one day. I love you, Valencia. 

Replied By: goldenbeach on Dec 15, 2013, 7:16PM - In reply to jilleybean40
My first impression was that she is transgender.  That would certainly fit in with the creepy boyfriend.  He doesn't seem to have normal inclinations.

Replied By: goldenbeach on Dec 15, 2013, 6:44PM - In reply to rac8006
Because they are treated differently.   Der.

Replied By: jilleybean40 on Oct 30, 2013, 3:07PM
Has anyone heard any updates on how Valencia is doing?

Replied By: acaringheart on Oct 1, 2013, 3:52PM
I just saw this show, I am so happy that Valencia is getting help from Dr. Phil. This show hit close to home, as I was 14 years old when I started dating a 26 year old.  I dated him for about 5 years and then married him a year after graduating high school. I wish that I would have had help then... I wish that I could talk to Valencia and tell her from experience what pain and regret this road she is traveling would bring in her life. I wouldn't wish that on anyone. I'm just thankful and happy I eventually "woke up" ... I just hope that with the help Valencia wakes up before she makes the same mistakes I did so long ago. My heart goes out to her.... and will be saying prayers that she chooses the correct path.  

Replied By: redhead_57 on Sep 27, 2013, 1:07PM - In reply to onelifeonelove
I thought Valencia had a very unusual voice. Yes she was a pretty girl but also obviously a troubled person. The bofriend exhibited strange mannerisms and I thought he was downright odd. I'm a little surprised that Valencia would even find him appealing. It was a bit wearing to watch the dad keep shaking his head, rolling his eyes and throwing his hands in the air. He obviously has given up on the situation and I think the boyfriend finds this entertaining, he seems a bit twisted.

Replied By: madhatter89 on Sep 27, 2013, 9:28AM - In reply to starlet234
First of all, that law would be very unconstituional and parallel to China's Population and Family Planning Commissions.  Secondly, the world isn't overpopulated at all; nowhere near overpopulation.  It may seem that way because of food distribution, but it is not.  These people can obviously financially take care of their kids (I only mention financially since you mentioned overpopulation and nothing mentlal/emotional), so let them.  It really isn't any of your business how many children that they decide to have.

You should read this:  http://www.simplyshrug.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=63:the-overpopulation-myth&catid=31:general&Itemid=50)

Replied By: juklie on Sep 26, 2013, 11:20PM - In reply to suecotie
Totally agree!!

Replied By: juklie on Sep 26, 2013, 11:16PM
I just want to say to everyone bashing these people....you could NOT be more wrong about them! I personally know the entire family, although I moved a few years ago, and lost touch with them, I still feel,very confident in saying the following- I am absolutely certain that if Nathan smacked Valencia, it MUST be because he was at his final break, and as Jacy said...he/they had no idea what else to do. They have a large family because Jacy LOVES children! She has taken in kids she barely knew, and helped them get back with their family or else raised them herself. She and Nate could not be better parents. Their children are all well mannered, and VERY well taken care of! I never saw them lose thier patience with anyone, especially their kids. I truly believe Nathan worded what he was trying to say wrong. I don't think he meant that it felt good hitting Valencia. I think he meant that he has been being disrespected by a child he raised with loving care and now treats him like dirt, and her 25 year old boyfriend. The disrespect had gotten to be too much for him, and it "felt good" to smack her back in to reality. I even worded  this wrong. I know what he is trying to say....as you can see it IS hard to word without looking like you are condoning abuse. The kids are not abused, and if these two people had to come on Dr.phil, then you can beat belive they were at the end if their ropes with no other option.  And I feel bad for them, because I know they love all their kids SO much! This must be killing them! God bless you Jacy and family! You are on in our thoughts and prayers! 

Showing 1-10 of total 167 Comments