Twitter Facebook YouTube

2013 Shows

In October 2012, then 14-year-old Modern Family star Ariel Winter’s real-life drama made headlines when she accused her mother, Chrystal, of verbal and physical abuse, and she was placed in the care of her 35-year-old sister. In an exclusive, Chrystal, who faces a custody trial for Ariel this month, sits down with Dr. Phil to tell her side of the story. How does she respond to the abuse allegations? Then, Ana says she and her husband, Robin, are on the verge of divorce because of his deceit and reckless control of their finances. Ana says she recently had a minor heart attack after learning that they are $100,000 in debt, with $45,000 in credit card debt and $40,000 in loans she never knew about. She says they lost their business and are about to be homeless. Robin claims that his wife’s control, verbal abuse and violent temper are to blame for his poor financial decisions -- because he was too scared to tell her the truth. Can Dr. Phil help them save their marriage? Dr. Phil enlists the help of Laurie Gerber and Will Craig, spouses and hosts of his son Jay McGraw’s new TV show The Marriage Test, to help save this union.

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: tbonet on Sep 22, 2013, 2:29PM
I am a huge fan of Modern Family.  Love the cast.   Ariel is still a young person and she is faced with fame, beauty and wealth at a very young vulnerable age. She is a target for " I wannabe famous and rich too" relationships.   I would be protecting her at all cost too if I were her Mother.   I never want to see a Mother and Daughter go through a breakdown and  with all the media attention, I hope they can work it out.    Ariel has to remember who was her biggest supporter these past years.     

Second guest, sorry, Robin needs to be honest with himself  and give Ana the truth.   He said he used his dad's credit card  to impress Ana at the beginning of their relationship.  I believe he spent $20.000.  This is not being honest from day one.  Sure impress a little, a nice dinner.   For me this was the first big lie  A lot of baggage for the past 19 years. Ana has a good "you did me wrong" memory.   I hope they work it out,  for me it would be a miracle.   The way they interacted with each other publicly I fear to think how they interact with the doors closed.

Replied By: jennef on Sep 22, 2013, 9:30AM - In reply to fenwaypark9
I just loved your comment about the Red Sox !

Up here in Montreal, I'd say that nothing's worth arguing about but The Canadiens !

Replied By: holingsworth on Sep 21, 2013, 5:23PM
As much as I love the Dr. Phil show and BELIEVE he sincerely wants to be a "voice" for the injustices, I am disappointed in todays interview re: the bitter battle over Modern Family's teen star Ariel Winter.

"Guardianship" is severally unknown and misunderstood in our country.  This topic desperately needs Dr. Phil's VOICE.  For the elderly and developly disabled, Guardianship is a death sentence!  Please see http://stopguardianabuse.org/ 

I my opinion there is NO protection for the vulnerable citizens  Some may say that we have Adult Protective Services and Child Protective Services but, they did nothing as my mother was held for profit (and still is) in a foreign state!  My personal story http://stopguardianabuse.org/ritadenmark.htm

Replied By: holingsworth on Sep 21, 2013, 4:46PM - In reply to ohioviewer3
I too am disappointed with Dr. Phil's interview but for a very different reason.  Guardianship was a good law that has gone bad, VERY bad.  Once the judicial wheels start rolling with guardianship, there is no stopping it.  The "ward" has no voice and the attorneys are billing the wards estate often several hundred dollars per hour.  People are bounced back and forth like beachballs for profit.  This is especially tragic with the elderly and developly disabled, for them it is a death sentence!  Please see http://stopguardianabuse.org/  You or your loved one could be next.  Be informed!  My personal story http://stopguardianabuse.org/ritadenmark.htm

Replied By: ohioviewer3 on Sep 20, 2013, 4:25PM
I  feel  that  this  show  blindside a 15  year  old  girl since  she  was  not  on  the  show  to  explain  her  side  of  the  story. I  don't  pretend  to  know  what  has  gone  on  in this family.  However,  the  only  person I  have  heard  publicize  the  story  is  the mother.   Ariel  has  only  spoken  in  court,  not  in  the  press  and  not on a  national  talk  show  to  which  she was  not  there  to  explain  her  story.  That  mother  cared  more  about  people  believing  her  story  than  the  effects  of  her  discussing  a  family  problem  in  the  press  and  on a  talk  show. W hat  benefit  could  that  possibly  have  to  reestablishing a  dialogue  between  the  mother  and  her   daughters? So  disappointed  in  the  Dr.  Phil  show.

Replied By: cheryl12750 on Sep 20, 2013, 4:06PM
These two are so angry they can't see anything. Why did she stay with him for 19 years knowingthat he lied? They both need to shut up & listen. They are both rude.  Why should anyone respect him? He doesn't deserve respect at this point. He needs to learn to give respect. These two should not be together. Why did she not get involved with the finances? She's just as much at fault as he is regarding the finances.

Replied By: bernyro on Sep 20, 2013, 3:36PM - In reply to greentreefrogs
Thats not fair, if she couldnt hold or didnt have a job it would be ok.Do women want to be treated equal to men or not. Whats wrong with her supporting the family since shes bragging on her 6 figure income. And both of them are liers.

Replied By: mossbonner on Sep 20, 2013, 3:18PM
shes fourteen shes not old enough to make these decisions, and off the subject hi Dr. phil

Replied By: andiepie15 on Sep 20, 2013, 3:18PM
don't you think that under some circumstances it's best just to get your children and yourself out of danger?  I know you do. That's why I hope people that watch your show realize that there are situations where it's better to leave without any goodbye.

:)  Andiepie17

Replied By: rocada50 on Sep 20, 2013, 2:53PM
In response to Part II of today's show:

I wonder which of these two will be the first to stop doing this dance and get better for themselves and their children?

Showing 1-10 of total 23 Comments